Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #31
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    The whole Robertsons family should man up and tell A&E to go pound sand.
    The whole Robertson family ought to be eternally grateful to A&E for making them richer than they ever would have imagined.

    To quote an old saying, "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it"...that's how I feel about this situation. I disagree with what he said, but I think he's certainly within his right to say it, as long as he's not actively seeking to discriminate against anyone. But, at the same time, I feel A&E has the same right, and while I think it's a little hypocritical to be offended by the views A&E has profited greatly from, they certainly have the right to do it when it directly impacts their bottom line.

    And I felt the exact same way when the CEO of Chick Fil A made his comments last year about homosexuals...and I still happily eat there.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    OH it takes FAAAAR more than that... read a Jeff Foxsworthy book....
    Been what most would call a redneck all my life. Proud of it.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    The whole Robertson family ought to be eternally grateful to A&E for making them richer than they ever would have imagined.

    To quote an old saying, "I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it"...that's how I feel about this situation. I disagree with what he said, but I think he's certainly within his right to say it, as long as he's not actively seeking to discriminate against anyone. But, at the same time, I feel A&E has the same right, and while I think it's a little hypocritical to be offended by the views A&E has profited greatly from, they certainly have the right to do it when it directly impacts their bottom line.

    And I felt the exact same way when the CEO of Chick Fil A made his comments last year about homosexuals...and I still happily eat there.
    They were already rich. But some have a pair of balls and wont be bought. Phil is that guy.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    They were already rich.
    Not like they've become.

    The Louisiana family also secured big salary increases just before that record Season 4 premiere, with the clan reportedly earning more than $200,000 an episode — roughly 4.5 times more than their previous salaries – divvied up among the nine adults and 11 kids on the show.
    'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Suspended For Anti-Gay Comments

    But some have a pair of balls and wont be bought. Phil is that guy.
    Well, we'll see. There's only three things which happen from here:

    1) Phil accepts his suspension because he wants to keep making the big money.
    2) Phil accepts his suspension because he knows it was wrong to make those comments in a national magazine.
    3) The family quits the show.


    Here's to guessing #3 doesn't happen.

  5. #35
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    "Dear A&E,

    I read that you are indefinitely suspending Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty after he quoted the Bible and said that the homosexual act is sinful. I get it, guys. I do. You punished the Christian guy for being a Christian because you got some angry emails from a bunch of whiny gay activists who lack the spine and maturity to deal with the fact that there are still people out there who have the guts to articulate opinions that they find disagreeable. In so doing, youíve kowtowed to a pushy minority of vocal bullies who donít even watch your channel, while alienating the fan base of the one show that keeps your entire network afloat.

    Makes sense."
    Dear A&E, congratulations, you just committed suicide | The Matt Walsh Blog
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    How are their political views relevant? The issue is more about consequences for our freedom of speech and how those consequences are applied not just in this case, but applied in general.
    Which has nothing to do with your post I responded to or the response I made.

    By the way, there has always been consequences for free speech. The only thing the constitution guarantees is that those repercussions don't come from the government.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Leftist intolerance is on full display this year....Merry Christmas.
    1) I don't believe that it is intolerance. After all, Robertson DID do some gay bashing, and made some racist statements as well. Had A&E kept him on, it would have given an impression that they supported his racist and homophobic remarks.

    2) As for A&E being a bunch of Liberals, that is hogwash. After all, they DID put this knuckledragging savage on the air in the first place.

    3) However, it is not fair when Robertson can be fired for saying outrageous crap, but Miley Cyrus can be rewarded for being outrageous.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Been what most would call a redneck all my life. Proud of it.
    Everyone finds something to be proud of- no matter what that maybe-

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    I question the OPs use of the adjective "star".

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Bravo to Phil! Everyone should be able to say what they believe without worrying about their jobs.

    Of course the progressives will keep trying to sell us that homosexuality is orientation and not preference. It would be interesting to see a comparison of the brain of a homosexual and that of a serial killer. Both are born that way according to some of today's scientists.

Page 4 of 166 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •