Page 36 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Port Jarvis NY
    Last Seen
    03-22-14 @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,039

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post

    I don't necessarily agree with A&E's actions here, but your definition of the word "intolerant" is wrong.
    The correct word here is "hatred". Leftists hate freedom of speech and are doing everything to destroy it.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Why is it sad that they have the right?
    Its sad that it gets abused in this "politically correct" world.

    This does NOT mean I would EVER support legislation changing it.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    What law are they violating?
    None. I didn't claim they did.

    There is a difference between being LEGAL and being RIGHT.

    It maybe LEGAL to fire someone in certain states for any reason one cares to have..... doesn't mean it is RIGHT.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #354
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,496

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You got caught displaying the same behavior that you SAY you revile in those on the other side of fence. There's no twist there. In fact it's illustrative of the entire issue. The pro gay folks have no problem squealing out insults at the same time they're complaining about being insulted.
    No, no, NO. Stop twisting. Stop. It. Now.

    DEFENDING yourself from an attacker is NOT ATTACKING.

    If Duck man and others want to attack LGBT then they will be counter attacked as ignorant hillbilly uneducated inbred hicks. That is not hypocrisy that is self defense.

    I don't remember any "pro gay" folk going after Duck man prior to this... do you? Do you remember "pro gay" folk attacking conservatives for no good reason? No, they never do. They only attack in self defense. They only attack when provoked, discriminated against.

    This chasm of being intolerant of the intolerant nonsense is out of control.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Of course he will be back. This is a cooling off period to make it seem like something was done till it falls off the public consciousness. Was anyone Suspecting anything else?
    Meanwhile if some half naked woman were making out on TV at 7AM over a bowl of cereal when your kids were expecting cartoons these progressives wouldn't be ashamed at all - they would call that progress..

    I just think it's amazing how some **** is tolerated and other stuff isn't, and progressives control that...

    I just think pointing fingers is wrong when progressives don't even see the faults in their own logic - and their logic is mainstream - it's called political correctness.

    I'm more boggled now that they cant accept what I'm telling them.

  6. #356
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    None. I didn't claim they did.

    There is a difference between being LEGAL and being RIGHT.

    It maybe LEGAL to fire someone in certain states for any reason one cares to have..... doesn't mean it is RIGHT.
    They are not beholden to society beyond some very basic social contract concerns that everyone has a duty to. thus they retain their legitimacy.

  7. #357
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,496

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There was no hate speech..... and you can't back it up so you insult me and run away.
    LoL, there was no hate speech? Listen up everyone, there was NO HATE SPEECH, everyone pack your bags and leave this thread, this is all a figment of your imagination.

  8. #358
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Why I KNOW. Golly...we are literally WADING through the many varied threads and steady stream of commentary here. LITERALLY tripping over them up in this beeeyotch.

    Right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    IOW, you got nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #359
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    LoL, there was no hate speech? Listen up everyone, there was NO HATE SPEECH, everyone pack your bags and leave this thread, this is all a figment of your imagination.
    Nope... None.

    He clearly said he loves all humanity.... or did you forget that part?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #360
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    They are not beholden to society beyond some very basic social contract concerns that everyone has a duty to. thus they retain their legitimacy.
    So would it also be legitimate for CriticalThought to be fired shortly after coming out of the closet because he lives in a state where one can be fired from work for any reason?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •