Page 34 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting tv shows are a business designed to make money from advertisers? Holy crap! Learn somethin 'new every day. Thanks for clearing that up. I thoughted they just make the funnies 4 me for free, cuz I'm a commie.
    Yet you don't understand that you only support politicians because they give you money...

    You donate 5 bucks to them and they let everyone live off the working class that makes 40k or more for life......

    I love how you progressives are only sharp when you want to be - or when it suits your argument or gives you an opportunity to mock someone.

  2. #332
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    I find it hilarious that Sarah "Hello Quitty" Palin is all up in arms about this, but....she wanted Martin Bashir fired, didn't she?

    Hypocrisy, she's soaking in it!
    I'm not sure a red neck reality-tv star is expected to adhere to the same code of professional conduct as a professional journalist. Especially when we compare the fact Bashir made his comments on his actual show.

  3. #333
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There is a total difference between customers boycotting something and companies releasing people (firing them) for PC reasons.

    Customers/Consumers are, at least in my view, permitted free range to boycott something all they want and it not be WRONG in my view.

    A company, while legally they can do this as well, is just wrong to fire someone for a personal belief they had that they shared outside of that work area, again... in my opinion.
    If it's just a personal moral concern. I don't care.

    I am looking at this from a business and societal perspective.

    My personal opinion is that A&E shouldn't have done this as there was no need for it.

    However they have every right to and legitimately so.

  4. #334
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    If you read my posts in the thread you will see where I stated the belief that the network made a bad business call
    Sorry if I mischaracterized your argument.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    I'm not arguing against your point, merely showing that the door swings both ways.
    I agree. It most certainly does.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    I find it hilarious that Sarah "Hello Quitty" Palin is all up in arms about this, but....she wanted Martin Bashir fired, didn't she?

    Hypocrisy, she's soaking in it!
    I love how ironic your post is...

    You merely are proving my point...

  7. #337
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Exactly, if some people are offended they can boycott the show.... "Suspending" him is just pandering to special interests.

    He'll be back on the air without question - this has angered lots of people...
    Of course he will be back. This is a cooling off period to make it seem like something was done till it falls off the public consciousness. Was anyone Suspecting anything else?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #338
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    What is this a nursery? I'm not going to read you a story at your bedside. You can search for and read the quotes yourself, its barely two paragraphs. I've also explained in this thread what I consider hate speech using what Duck man said.
    There was no hate speech..... and you can't back it up so you insult me and run away.

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #339
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    I find it hilarious that Sarah "Hello Quitty" Palin is all up in arms about this, but....she wanted Martin Bashir fired, didn't she?

    Hypocrisy, she's soaking in it!
    Aaaaaandddd....

    She is a dumb ****. So.... WGAF?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #340
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Wonderful...you picked and chose a handful of links. Now...how many people here that are critical of Phil Robinson are consistently critical of the steady stream of bigotry and hatred that so regularly (apparently) flows from democrats? And I mean SPECIFICALLY right here? How many of those incidents you cited created the kind of furor over Phil Robinsons accurate and commonly held comments? How many people here were incited to hatred over the large number of democrat backing ministers objected strenuously to Obamas election time 'evolution'? And you want to pretend the response is even REMOTELY equal? Pleeeeaasseee...

    Plenty of people on DP were (and still are) strongly critical of democrats (including Obama, both Clintons and others) who have failed to defend (or who have opposed) equal rights for homosexuals, myself included.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •