Page 32 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #311
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    A&E has every right to pull him off the air if he says something that the company disagrees with.
    You can't forget who you are talking about here.

    I don't think Phil gives a rats ass what A&E agrees with.

    He is not going to change who he is or what he believes for a cable network, and they should have known this.

    Why was he interviewed for GQ anyway.

    It seems he is the opposite of the type of person they usually have in the magazine.

  2. #312
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Geico

    Point is, it's not one sided as your assertion
    Can you point out the Trinity Person you mentioned as real? Or was it just a "suggestion".

    You failed on the Dixie Chicks example...

    And I have no clue of any situation with Geico...
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    A&E made this asshole a household name.
    They have the prerogative to take it away if they so choose.

  4. #314
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    TV shows exist to sell advertising...

    You think they exist to amuse you?

    Why the hell do you think communist nations have only a few TV channels and they're all state run? because businesses have nothing to sell and the concept of advertising doesn't exist...
    Wait, are you suggesting tv shows are a business designed to make money from advertisers? Holy crap! Learn somethin 'new every day. Thanks for clearing that up. I thoughted they just make the funnies 4 me for free, cuz I'm a commie.

  5. #315
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What does tax evasion and murder have to do with homosexuality?
    It's explained in the very post you are responding to ...

    I think what you are failing to grasp is that comparing things that do not cause harm (homosexuality) to things that do cause harm (theft, adultery, etc.) is disrespectful and insulting.
    He didn't draw a comparison between them, he including them under the broad catagory of 'sins" Just like "crimes" exist as a broad catagory, hence citing "tax evasion" and "murder" in comparison.

    Next time read what you respond to


    Not to mention his definition of sin starts with homosexuality.
    It does? It seemed that it was the topic they were discussing before they started discussing sin in general, and used that as a point to underline the idea of behavior the bible deams deviant. hence the quotation of Corinthians

    In his mind it is such a big deal that it is the starting point for talking about all other sin.
    or it was the thing they were discussing before moving onto sin in general ...

  6. #316
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What does tax evasion and murder have to do with homosexuality? I think what you are failing to grasp is that comparing things that do not cause harm (homosexuality) to things that do cause harm (theft, adultery, etc.) is disrespectful and insulting. Not to mention his definition of sin starts with homosexuality. In his mind it is such a big deal that it is the starting point for talking about all other sin.
    Not when they are being compared in the PROPER ****ING CONTEXT.

    He was talking about S I N

    Which all three have in common, being sins.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #317
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Yes I am talking **** now, do I really care if I offend someone? This issue is not about me being an asshole is it? It is about the Duck man spewing hate speech and then ARealConservative felt people hating on Duck man in retaliation was some kind of equal travesty that exonerates the Duckmaster of any wrongdoing???

    The logic some of you display is terrifyingly bizarre. You twist and twist until its hard to even make sense of anything anymore.
    You got caught displaying the same behavior that you SAY you revile in those on the other side of fence. There's no twist there. In fact it's illustrative of the entire issue. The pro gay folks have no problem squealing out insults at the same time they're complaining about being insulted.

  8. #318
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    What gay person did he bash...on TV ?
    Oh I was just being cynical there and speculating how I personally could make money on feeding off outrage (not that I am morally bankrupt enough to do more than muse)

    Nothing to do with phill

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Advertising costs/rates are based on ratings which are based on the viewers who are watching for their enjoyment. So to answer your question, yes I do.
    Hence the show only exists because of advertising and that is precisely my point...

    Why do you think a lot of people thought TV was a stupid invention in the first place? then advertisers figured they could sell their products....

    TV shows were invented just for advertisements.... Radio commercially the same - the applications of both TV and radio are without question useful (I'm not even trying to make that argument)....

  10. #320
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Can you point out the Trinity Person you mentioned as real? Or was it just a "suggestion".

    You failed on the Dixie Chicks example...

    And I have no clue of any situation with Geico...
    I was spot on with all the counter examples. You just don't case to look at this neutrally

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •