Page 25 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #241
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,465

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    There are consequences to any freedom of speech.

    If I walk into a restaurant and start a loud discourse on any subject, they can kick me out. That is not suppression of free speech, that is a business doing what it must to prevent other paying customers from walking away.
    If I work on a TV show, and say all Christians should be executed, the network has the right to fire me.
    If I am standing on the street corner saying that aliens are coming and want to do anal probes on all Americans. People can call me a lunatic.

    Those are the consequences of my speech. If you are not willing to deal with the consequences of what you put out there, then maybe you should edit what you say. No one is required to appreciate, or approve of, what you or I say. And no one is required to give you a platform to speak from.
    That is fine but religiousness is part of this family and the show, which A&E approved. Why are they surprised when the man does not have a favorable view on gays?

  2. #242
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm not arguing against their right to run their network how they see fit - I'm saying they were being de facto intolerant...

    A&E was just pandering to political correctness...
    Whether they were or not is irrelevent

  3. #243
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Whether they were or not is irrelevent
    No. Its not irrelevant... its the whole reason why this topic is up for debate on a debate website.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Come on. Everyone uses political correctness.
    I'm not politically correct at all - I view political correctness to be Orwellian...

    Hell, political correctness isn't even correct because it doesn't apply to everyone - just certain groups progressives adore. Progressives have absolutely ZERO concern stomping on those outside of that bubble...

    So forget political correctness - that is social engineering...

    I'm generally a nice guy to boot and don't want to offend anyone - I just am not going to change my language or belief structure to not offend others - they they get offended it's their fault not mine - believe me - that usually is never my intent.... When I really hate someone they will know it....

  5. #245
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    That is fine but religiousness is part of this family and the show, which A&E approved. Why are they surprised when the man does not have a favorable view on gays?
    There is a difference between religiousness and offending people. DD is not the only show on A&E, and they probably do not want to offend people who watch other shows on the network.
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  6. #246
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No. Its not irrelevant... its the whole reason why this topic is up for debate on a debate website.
    Yes, people are butt hurt and all sad they didn't get their way.

    But no. It doesn't matter. In a free society these things can and do happen.

  7. #247
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And yet...the hysterical homosexual brigade doesnt soil themselves when it is a democrat or liberal actor or musician that makes anti-gay comments. oddly enough.
    Bill Clinton heckled at GLAAD Awards for signing Defense of Marriage Act | The Raw Story

    John McCain’s Gay-Friendly Daughter Writes a Campaign Memoir: ’Dirty Sexy Politics’ Hits Shelves Aug. 31 :: EDGE Los Angeles

    Obama team takes blame for Robinson slight - Political Intelligence - A national political and campaign blog from The Boston Globe - Boston.com

    Queer Rising Gets Arrested, Other LGBT Activists Pile on Cuomo Over Homeless Youth Funding in Budget

    Your hysteria and persecution complex is so outrageous it's practically flaming

    But that assume that you actually believe the BS you just posted, which you obviously don't as evidenced by one of your later posts:

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sorry...that is a very incorrect characterization of the 'evolution' of his opinion. The fact is his "evolution" came about 2 weeks after the New York Times issued a fairly large and damning article quoting many wealthy homosexuals as saying they were wiling to sit this election out and not contribute financially as Obama had not been more supportive of the gay community. Make of it what yoy will, but the fact is...he didnt 'evolve' until he wanted their money.
    IOW, dems get a pass about their beliefs on homosexuality.....except when they don't
    Last edited by sangha; 12-19-13 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #248
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,700

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm not politically correct at all - I view political correctness to be Orwellian...

    Hell, political correctness isn't even correct because it doesn't apply to everyone - just certain groups progressives adore. Progressives have absolutely ZERO concern stomping on those outside of that bubble...

    So forget political correctness - that is social engineering...

    I'm generally a nice guy to boot and don't want to offend anyone - I just am not going to change my language or belief structure to not offend others - they they get offended it's their fault not mine - believe me - that usually is never my intent.... When I really hate someone they will know it....
    Alright Nick. Should teachers be allowed to discuss democratic socialism from the perspective of those that prefer democratic socialism?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Whether they were or not is irrelevent
    Seriously?

    Have you not been paying attention to this thread?

    It's so amazing - I understand your argument, yet you find mine difficult because you cant get off your horse..

    All you're doing is defending progressive fascism.

  10. #250
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Seriously?

    Have you not been paying attention to this thread?

    It's so amazing - I understand your argument, yet you find mine difficult because you cant get off your horse..

    All you're doing is defending progressive fascism.
    Lol

    Refer to my post above as to why it doesn't matter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •