Page 20 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #191
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Their flaws? Care to explain.
    These things are self-evident....

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You can say whatever you want... just don't expect everyone to want to listen to you anymore. Hence why they suspended Mr. Hate Speech. What part of this don't you understand?
    Yeah right - you're making brash assumptions.... Just like you believe everyone should adhere to your politics or social philosophy you believe no one disagrees with you hence no one agrees with me..

    No wonder why you progs hate the Bill of Rights.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Praying on TV is a bit over the top. But, I like that the character of the people on this particular reality show is such that they are not back-stabbing, arguing over petty crap like the drama queens we see on Real Housewives. It's a wholesome show, and I'm sorry that its getting axed. Maybe Fox will pick it up.
    How is it "over the top", they are not forcing it on anyone. They are not praying for the downfall of anyone.

  4. #194
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    This is a forum where people say all kinds of horrible crap. Why the hell should I care about what people are saying about this guy who spews his hate to a national audience? If you say things like that you should expect to get an equivalent response??? You play the victim card more than Al Sharpton and Michael Moore combined.
    why should you care if you are a hypocrite?

    only you can answer that. I know why I care.

  5. #195
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Actually, no, look at what he said: “But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.” “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there,” he said. “Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” (Duck, Duck, Homophobe? ‘Duck Dynasty’ Star Phil Robertson SLAMMED As ‘Vile’ After He Declares A Vagina ‘Would Be More Desirable Than A Man)

    So what he said was just ridiculous and downright bigoted.
    The truth hurts.

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You can say whatever you want... just don't expect everyone to want to listen to you anymore. Hence why they suspended Mr. Hate Speech. What part of this don't you understand?
    So the gays that got offended, just cant not watch the show. But by way of impacting his income, cry, stomp feet and hold their breaths like little children.
    Oh, so tolerant of them.

  7. #197
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The issue is not what he said, but how he said it. If he had not included gays with terrorist and homosexuality with bestiality, the complaints would have been much milder. Presentation matters.
    Correct me if I am wrong, the bestality comment was made in response to a question about sinful behavior, and wasn't compared to homosexuality

    <<<When asked what he thought was sinful, Robertson replied: "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.">>>

    If that's the extent of his comments on bestiality then you are totally misrepresenting them. It's like saying I equate tax fraud and murder because I view both "as crimes"

  8. #198
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, the bestality comment was made in response to a question about sinful behavior, and wasn't compared to homosexuality

    <<<When asked what he thought was sinful, Robertson replied: "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.">>>

    If that's the extent of his comments on bestiality then you are totally misrepresenting them. It's like saying I equate tax fraud and murder because I view both "as crimes"
    Ummm...he directly connects homosexuality with bestiality.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #199
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Seriously?

    Those who promote tolerance are the least tolerant... It's so ironic...

    You're not tolerant at all - you just promote ideas..

    Tolerance is a 2-way street buddy...

    You cant punish someone for not adhering to a philosophy.
    If it were intolerant to have a different opinion, you are very intolerant. Nobody's rights were abridged, but you're calling people intolerant simply because they have a different opinion. That's not "intolerance."

    People are "punished" for not adhering to a philosophy all the time. Remember all the country stations that stopped playing the Dixie Chicks because they had the temerity to criticize Bush? Was that "tolerant?" It's completely the wrong word. Words have meanings and just because you and your Republican buddies can't wrap your heads around that isn't my problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Leftist intolerance is on full display this year....Merry Christmas.
    Intolerance of racism, sexism, stupidity, and homophobia is a good thing.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •