Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #11
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I find that practice totalitarian and thuggish period, yes. But I don't think you can provide specific recent examples of this. And even if you can, does one sides bad behavior justify your own?
    My own? I'm not boycotting anyone. And yes I can provide recent examples.
    One Million Moms
    scroll through current issues.

    Perkins: Boycott Betty Crocker For Baking Wedding Cakes For Gay Couples | Right Wing Watch
    Starbucks, betty crocker, Mcdonalds, Girl scout cookies, home depot, etc

    http://www.afa.net/ActionAlerts.aspx
    The AFAs boycott list.

    Would you like more?
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  2. #12
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,869

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Leftist intolerance is on full display this year....Merry Christmas.
    It's the price one pays these days for being Politically Incorrect.

  3. #13
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,015

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    and that is the way it is, December 2013.

    This is not the USA I grew up it. It sliding down a hill into the dump. Don't express your beliefs, it will get you fired.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I find that practice totalitarian and thuggish period, yes. But I don't think you can provide specific recent examples of this. And even if you can, does one sides bad behavior justify your own?
    It is thuggish to use your right of free speech, unless of course it is the right using that right. Ah, the wonderful world of us gud, them bad. Logic simply does not apply to that world...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I already posted this but, since I don't think there can be enough....please carry on.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/art-an...-comments.html
    I think there is at least 4 threads on it around.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think there is at least 4 threads on it around.
    Rednecks saying stupid things = easy target.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Rednecks saying stupid things = easy target.
    Most of the threads I believe have been started by conservatives. Oops, fail again!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Most of the threads I believe have been started by conservatives. Oops, fail again!
    How are their political views relevant? The issue is more about consequences for our freedom of speech and how those consequences are applied not just in this case, but applied in general.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #19
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    How are their political views relevant? The issue is more about consequences for our freedom of speech and how those consequences are applied not just in this case, but applied in general.
    By this ****ing logic I should be able to say whatever I want whenever I want at work.

    I should be able to call my boss an asshole and the guests who complain about their stay a bunch of whiny bitches and I can get away with it because "free speech".

    Some of you right wingers have a pretty funny idea about how free speech works.

    The gentleman works for A&E.

    They can fire him if they want to.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,982

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Kind of what I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Leftist intolerance is on full display this year....Merry Christmas.
    So a business made a business decision and you despise them for it...who is being intolerant now?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not at all....GLAAD, and the rest of them threatened A&E with advertiser targeting, boycotts, picketing etc...They were quite thuggish as the left often is, and forced A&E's decision...Now, do I think A&E were weak ass punks for giving in? Hell yes! But don't try and make it sound like it was just some opinion expressed by these groups without any threats....
    So when A&E, a business, was threatened with losing money, they took an action to not lose money? And that makes them different than just about every other business?

    I'm also curious about your idea of "thuggish"...if GLAAD and "the rest of them" expressing their opinion on the topic of homosexuality is thuggish, do you consider Robertson's comments thuggish too? If not, why should people who express an intolerance with homosexuality get to express themselves freely, but not the people who support it?

    Again I ask...who really is the intolerant one here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is thuggish to use your right of free speech, unless of course it is the right using that right. Ah, the wonderful world of us gud, them bad. Logic simply does not apply to that world...
    Exactly, though I don't know if I would say it is a quality exclusively to "the right". I think both sides firmly believe in the "right to express yourself until you say something I don't like".

Page 2 of 166 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •