Page 19 of 166 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #181
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You don't know what hate speech is...

    Sorry, not agreeing with a lifestyle is NOT hate speech and you (and you arrogantly speaking for everyone) have decided nothing...

    You should embrace and respect that concept...

    Who the hell do you think you are? you think you're better than everyone else? you seriously that obsessed with your intolerance?
    Apparently you've missed the boat. You're entitled to say you're against gay marriage, lifestyle, etc. You can say its a sin in your eyes, that is fine.

    Claiming that LGBT is equivalent to beastiality, adultery, alcoholism, slandering, swindling, greed, prostitution... that is hate speech.

  2. #182
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    There is no progressive irony here. As a nation we've decided we don't tolerate hate speech. If you want to spew hate then you will have to accept the consequences. That is the free will of the people, deal with it.
    and you prove it by ignoring posts calling this person an inbred hick.

    hypocrisy is alive and well

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Unfortunately for your argument, you would be ignoring the generational and contextual shift that has occurred around homosexuality in just the past ten years. And just like interracial marriage, it's going to take time to work through our society and be "generally accepted. And for anyone that rather recognize that reality, as opposed to mount some pointless "culture war" against it, they understand that such actions just help foster and reinforce the resistance against it. In fact, it's why intelligent people tend to disagree with imposing views on democratic societies when cultural shifts are occurring naturally (Ginsburg ala RvsW)




    The employer here is responding to organized threats of boycotts, not some random interview
    I think a lot of ideas will be accepted once people stop viewing themselves as "minorities" associated with single issues.

    These people who define themselves through single issues are clowns..

    They don't see themselves as anything other than progressive, gay, black, Muslim, union etc -- they define themselves and it's so angering...

    It's like they're obsessed with their differences and believe their difference is somehow more important than others differences.

    Of course they want to have their difference embraced and acknowledged for some odd reason..

    I mean how is being gay or black any different than being abnormally tall or short? do we as a society go out of our way to promote tall or short people? no...
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 12-19-13 at 02:11 PM.

  4. #184
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    What else did this guy say that's causing people to accuse him of "hate speech"?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Apparently you've missed the boat. You're entitled to say you're against gay marriage, lifestyle, etc. You can say its a sin in your eyes, that is fine.

    Claiming that LGBT is equivalent to beastiality, adultery, alcoholism, slandering, swindling, greed, prostitution... that is hate speech.
    Again you progressives just don't get it..

    Look at your post - you're trying to tell me what I can and cant say/believe...

  6. #186
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    and you prove it by ignoring posts calling this person an inbred hick.

    hypocrisy is alive and well
    This is a forum where people say all kinds of horrible crap. Why the hell should I care about what people are saying about this guy who spews his hate to a national audience? If you say things like that you should expect to get an equivalent response??? You play the victim card more than Al Sharpton and Michael Moore combined.

  7. #187
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Well, it does seem to be a general overreaction to what he said, and the fact anyone maintains the idea that everyone needs to agree with them or face civil consequences is pretty childish. And that applies regardless of issue or politics, short of it having some real implications (and no, some ass-hat on reality tv having a stupid opinion is not something that carries "real implications".

    In fact, at the end of the day, this will likely only push people away from issues like gay marriage, etc, and increase the perception that they are having a "pro-view" shoved down their throats
    The issue is not what he said, but how he said it. If he had not included gays with terrorist and homosexuality with bestiality, the complaints would have been much milder. Presentation matters.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #188
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,477

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Again you progressives just don't get it..

    Look at your post - you're trying to tell me what I can and cant say/believe...
    You can say whatever you want... just don't expect everyone to want to listen to you anymore. Hence why they suspended Mr. Hate Speech. What part of this don't you understand?

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    This wacko is free to say the hateful crap that is on his mind.

    The viewers are free to stop watching A&E if they are offended by something one of their employees says.

    A&E is free to listen to their customers and release an employee that is hurting its revenues.

    There's no bullying here.

    I agree but the majority side with free speech and find what A&E did to be reactionary.... A&E is gong to suffer, just because of the position it took...

    Right now what he said is irrelevant...

  10. #190
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I think they look more like ZZ top than inbred hicks.
    I think they look like my neighbors growing up. Of course I grew up in the country. We got the first day of deer season off school as a holiday...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •