Page 165 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #1641
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Why dont someone go get the quote and lets all read it and see what it says. It hsa been so long I forget exactly what you guys are talking aobut.
    Double d'oh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If I added, much like Phil did, that pre Romo's freewheeling, interception ridden performances, cowboy fans were happy, I'm making a comparison. The word pre means before. This usually involves time, but it is before something happened. That means a comparison with what was post what happened. You waste a lot if time trying to get what us simple and clear.
    Wrong.
    What is simple and clear is that there was no comparison.

    Again this is what he said.
    Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
    That is him speaking of his personal experience of the time. Nothing more.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #1642
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    I really dont care that much, I was just trying get you guys to set the words out in front of you and see if that was really what they said. So why dont you go back to, "yes he did" "no he didnt"? Have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    https://www.google.com/

    You're welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Double d'oh!
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #1643
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I really dont care that much, I was just trying get you guys to set the words out in front of you and see if that was really what they said. So why dont you go back to, "yes he did" "no he didnt"? Have fun.
    They've been posted over, and over, and over....The problem arises in the twisting of those words to make a faux outrage become fact for some....But, if you really don't care that much then might I suggest a topic you care more about, and leave this one for those who are involved in discussion rather than just littering the board with your pseudo intelligence?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1644
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Yea, like you are busy or working or something. Least you are funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    They've been posted over, and over, and over....The problem arises in the twisting of those words to make a faux outrage become fact for some....But, if you really don't care that much then might I suggest a topic you care more about, and leave this one for those who are involved in discussion rather than just littering the board with your pseudo intelligence?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #1645
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Yea, like you are busy or working or something. Least you are funny.
    Nope, I am off today....Gotta work tomorrow though....that sucks!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #1646
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, but, by implication you have.



    So, you have your conclusion that he is a bigot, therefore he must be comparing the two time periods in a bigoted w.ay...That must be a convenient way to go through life Joe.



    Well, I hope he learned his lesson. Treat hostile reporters, and hostile, and not grant them interviews.
    Or weigh your words carefully. Understand the world is larger than our personal experience. Maybe know a little history. Allow that you may miss a lot looking firm the outside. It was a foolish statement.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1647
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I really dont care that much, I was just trying get you guys to set the words out in front of you and see if that was really what they said. So why dont you go back to, "yes he did" "no he didnt"? Have fun.
    You have to fill up the thread with something.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1648
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Or weigh your words carefully. Understand the world is larger than our personal experience. Maybe know a little history. Allow that you may miss a lot looking firm the outside. It was a foolish statement.

    However, he was asked about his personal experience..Only your argument is trying anything, and everything to expand it further...

    BTW, Have you got that contract clause yet?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #1649
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    However, he was asked about his personal experience..Only your argument is trying anything, and everything to expand it further...

    BTW, Have you got that contract clause yet?
    Pre versus post. He choose to answer. Make a comparison.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1650
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pre versus post. He choose to answer. Make a comparison.
    No, he was mocking Magary, as he should have.

    Got that contract clause yet?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •