Page 164 of 166 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #1631
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Again, false. I could say you were happy before lunch and happy after... am I comparing the two? Nope!

    If I say you were HAPPIER before lunch then I am comparing.
    Yes, you are. Comparison also includes similarities.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1632
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Were they happy, pre=before. Comparison. Simple.
    Wrong, that exists solely in your head.
    No comparison was made.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1633
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, you are. Comparison also includes similarities.
    Beside the point of contention on whether he was comparing or not, do you have anything to prove that as a young man this wasn't his experience?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1634
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Beside the point of contention on whether he was comparing or not, do you have anything to prove that as a young man this wasn't his experience?
    I haven't claimed that, though I suspect it is selected memories through the lens of bigotry. The point is he suggests that they are unhappy due to the things in the list. It is a comparison, and was the second he went with the pre welfare framework.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1635
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong, that exists solely in your head.
    No comparison was made.
    Only to the willfully blind was it not a comparison.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1636
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,780

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong, that exists solely in your head.
    No comparison was made.
    Yes it was. No question.

    Similarly he advocated marrying underaged girls. And, surprise surprise, Christians defended that statement too.
    Last edited by calamity; 12-31-13 at 01:05 PM.

  7. #1637
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I haven't claimed that
    Oh, but, by implication you have.

    though I suspect it is selected memories through the lens of bigotry.
    So, you have your conclusion that he is a bigot, therefore he must be comparing the two time periods in a bigoted way...That must be a convenient way to go through life Joe.

    The point is he suggests that they are unhappy due to the things in the list. It is a comparison, and was the second he went with the pre welfare framework.
    Well, I hope he learned his lesson. Treat hostile reporters, and hostile, and not grant them interviews.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #1638
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Only to the willfully blind was it not a comparison.

    Wrong.

    The only the folks who think there was a comparison are those who are delusionally biased.





    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    No question.
    There is no question that you are wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Similarly he advocated marrying underaged girls. And, surprise surprise, Christians defended that statement too.
    Take it to one of those threads.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1639
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Why dont someone go get the quote and lets all read it and see what it says. It hsa been so long I forget exactly what you guys are talking aobut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Wrong.

    The only the folks who think there was a comparison are those who are delusionally biased.





    There is no question that you are wrong.


    Take it to one of those threads.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #1640
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Why dont someone go get the quote and lets all read it and see what it says. It hsa been so long I forget exactly what you guys are talking aobut.
    https://www.google.com/

    You're welcome.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •