Page 163 of 166 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #1621
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your personal wildly delusional assertions are wrong.

    and inaccuratedelusion shows exactly that.


    You can't even get this right.
    You are sorry because you are mistaken.


    Wrong. Pre is a time period, not a comparison.
    There was no comparison.
    Pre does not signify any comparison.

    So again.
    If we we discussing the Precambrian period of time would you illogically argue we were trying to make a comparison between then and the Cambrian?
    Of course you wouldn't. We would be speaking a specific time period. Not a comparison.

    Which shows your assertion regarding Phil to be nothing more than the manifestation of garbage in your thoughts.



    Wrong. There is nothing honest in what you said.
    There was no comparison.
    He answered a question about specific time period. Period.

    You are wrong and are purposely being dishonest.
    Pre means before. Before suggests an after. You don't seem to understand any of thus, or are just trying to hard to excuse the comments.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1622
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Oh, I think you're reading into it to feel better about it. And you could find some exceptions is neither here nor there, the fact was over all, it wasn't just peachy or keen.
    I am not the one making stuff up out of whole cloth that someone said, but I'm reading into it...Yeah, ok...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1623
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pre means before. Before suggests an after. You don't seem to understand any of thus, or are just trying to hard to excuse the comments.
    You are irrationally inserting a comparison when none was made.
    That is dishonesty.

    Pre was nothing more than the time period being asked about, and an answer given. There was no comparison.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #1624
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am not the one making stuff up out of whole cloth that someone said, but I'm reading into it...Yeah, ok...
    Neither am I. It's clear as a bell. You closing your eyes and ears.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1625
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are irrationally inserting a comparison when none was made.
    That is dishonesty.

    Pre was nothing more than the time period being asked about, and an answer given. There was no comparison.
    Pre. Before. This time before that time. Happy pre. Unhappy post. You're factually incorrect.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1626
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pre. Before. This time before that time. Happy pre. Unhappy post. You're factually incorrect.
    Pre is a time period being asked and answered to. Not a comparison.
    You are factually wrong and have been shown to be so many times over.
    Saying there was, is dishonest, and an untruth.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #1627
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Pre is a time period being asked and answered to. Not a comparison.
    You are factually wrong and have been shown to be so many times over.
    Saying there was, is dishonest, and an untruth.
    If I say pre Romo, the cowboys were great. I'm comparing them to post Romo. One time compared with another. If I added, much like Phil did, that pre Romo's freewheeling, interception ridden performances, cowboy fans were happy, I'm making a comparison. The word pre means before. This usually involves time, but it is before something happened. That means a comparison with what was post what happened. You waste a lot if time trying to get what us simple and clear.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1628
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If I say pre Romo, the cowboys were great. I'm comparing them to post Romo. One time compared with another.
    Still trying to twist it huh. What a shame.

    You made no comparison even if you intended to.
    There is no comparative language present.
    All you did is speak of a time period. Pre-Romo.
    You clearly did not say they were not great Post-Romo. You did not say as compared to.
    There was no comparison.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If I added, much like Phil did, that pre Romo's freewheeling, interception ridden performances, cowboy fans were happy, I'm making a comparison. The word pre means before. This usually involves time, but it is before something happened. That means a comparison with what was post what happened. You waste a lot if time trying to get what us simple and clear.
    Wrong.
    What is simple and clear is that there was no comparison.

    Again this is what he said.
    Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
    That is him speaking of his personal experience of the time. Nothing more.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1629
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it wouldn't. If you say they were happy before welfare, you've made a comparison. I'm sorry you guts keep trying make excuses for him.
    Again, false. I could say you were happy before lunch and happy after... am I comparing the two? Nope!

    If I say you were HAPPIER before lunch then I am comparing.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #1630
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Still trying to twist it huh. What a shame.

    You made no comparison even if you intended to.
    There is no comparative language present.
    All you did is speak of a time period. Pre-Romo.
    You clearly did not say they were not great Post-Romo. You did not say as compared to.
    There was no comparison.


    Wrong.
    What is simple and clear is that there was no comparison.

    Again this is what he said.
    Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
    That is him speaking of his personal experience of the time. Nothing more.
    Were they happy, pre=before. Comparison. Simple.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •