Page 157 of 166 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #1561
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,015

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    It's illicit in the eyes of God.
    So what, they are not demanding a church wedding but the same marriage rights that straight couples has and there is no reason for them to get hitched in a non religious ceremony. Just because you have made weddings something religious does not mean it has to be or should be.

    In the Netherlands we do not have this issue because marriage is firstly a civil agreement and after you are married in front of a city registrar you can go to church and get a religious blessing. Even our prince royal and his wife first had to go to a city official to get married and only after that did they marry in front of a priest.

    Just because you and other religious people have issue with homosexuality means absolutely nothing IMHO because the institution of marriage is a civil law arrangement and should be "religion free".
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  2. #1562
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    So be enlightened.
    I don't much care what is illicit or not in the eyes of "god."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #1563
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,687

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    So what, they are not demanding a church wedding but the same marriage rights that straight couples has and there is no reason for them to get hitched in a non religious ceremony. Just because you have made weddings something religious does not mean it has to be or should be.

    In the Netherlands we do not have this issue because marriage is firstly a civil agreement and after you are married in front of a city registrar you can go to church and get a religious blessing. Even our prince royal and his wife first had to go to a city official to get married and only after that did they marry in front of a priest.

    Just because you and other religious people have issue with homosexuality means absolutely nothing IMHO because the institution of marriage is a civil law arrangement and should be "religion free".
    Well, in America, churches have a lot to say about who gets married in them.

  4. #1564
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,687

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I don't much care what is illicit or not in the eyes of "god."
    You can tell him yourself some day.

  5. #1565
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,896

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Since when have the arch-right-ists owned Limbaugh?.As for Rushbo, I'm sure he's working on some new material to defend and promote the TEA-wings latest star..I'll be looking for what you guys think starting with Sunday's political shows .
    #1: Limbaugh has been referred to many times in various posts here at DP as the head of the GOP.

    #2: I'm not part of a group of "you guys."

    #3: I'm not a guy.

  6. #1566
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yes, Emmett Till was one of those happy people who lost his life for the horrible crime of flirting or touching a white woman.

    Or all the other blacks who were killed, beaten or abused by member of the KKK or other hateful whites. And yes, it is incredibly difficult to believe that in a part of the US in which you could get lynched for whistling at a white woman blacks were "happy".
    None of which applies, though... So far as I could tell, he was saying "I didn't see any angry/upset black people....personally".

    He wasn't saying nothing bad happened, just that he didn't see any.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1567
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    #1: Limbaugh has been referred to many times in various posts here at DP as the head of the GOP.
    But not by right-ists, they run from their master Rushbo .

    #2: I'm not part of a group of "you guys."
    Cons run from those who represent them when the **** gets too deep .
    #3: I'm not a guy.
    As in you understood, but you chose to say you didn't .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #1568
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,896

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Non-responsive crap. You can do better.

    I hope.

  9. #1569
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,584

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    But not by right-ists, they run from their master Rushbo .
    True. Even though it's common knowledge that anyone running for GOP national office has to kiss Rush's ring, no one on the Right wants to admit he is the defacto party boss.


    Cons run from those who represent them when the **** gets too deep .
    Yep...see haw many distanced themselves from Bush and the GOp in 2008, declaring themselves to be either in the Tea Party or Libertarian.

  10. #1570
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    True. Even though it's common knowledge that anyone running for GOP national office has to kiss Rush's ring, no one on the Right wants to admit he is the de facto party boss.
    I never had that impression.

    Actually though, I'd like to see the GOP do everything Limbaugh tells them to for 1 year, just to see how it turns out.

    I mean, according to Limbaugh, everything would be great for the GOP then...but I'm not so sure.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •