Page 15 of 166 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #141
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Personal attack duly noted.



    It is certainly possible. Did the father that got suspended do what he did for money, or for principles?


    Yes.
    You called me ignorant and again just now, I didn't cry about it. Maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

    It doesn't matter what the stupid hillbilly did in "principle", the issue is how everyone else feels about it. He insulted half of America while peddling a product that is dependent on popularity... b-b-blunder.

  2. #142
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    I got to hand it to you conservatives though... nobody plays the victim card like you. This swamp water douche spews his hate at the national level and the real victims are... conservatives! Who cares about the sinful beast rapers, what about the feelings of the haters? What about their rights to insult half the country without consequences?

    The free market strikes again!
    Its a play that they have crafted over the last few years....cover up your racism by calling those who point it out "the racists", cover up your homophobia, but calling out those who point it out as "intolerant" because they are not tolerant of the intolerant.....its such a ploy.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #143
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You called me ignorant and again just now, I didn't cry about it. Maybe people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

    It doesn't matter what the stupid hillbilly did in "principle", the issue is how everyone else feels about it. He insulted half of America while peddling a product that is dependent on popularity... b-b-blunder.
    I said you were arguing form a position of ignorance.

    translated, I said you are arguing without having all the facts.

    I didn't say you were ignorant. so nice try, but you are wrong.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Leftist intolerance is on full display this year....Merry Christmas.
    So A&E should be tolerant of his intolerance?

    Sorry, it all started with his intolerant remarks and points of view.

    You could say A&E is fighting intolerance with their freedom of speech to not show that kind of intolerance.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #145
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its a play that they have crafted over the last few years....cover up your racism by calling those who point it out "the racists", cover up your homophobia, but calling out those who point it out as "intolerant" because they are not tolerant of the intolerant.....its such a ploy.
    Exactly, its the same playbook abusers use to control their significant other.

  6. #146
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    probably.

    the difference? he would still be on the air.
    Doubtful. Martin Bashir is off the air (rightfully). What happened the the Dixie Chicks?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #147
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,850

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    My guess is that the CEO of A & E received an immediate and strongly phrased phone call from the White House. Possibly hinting at either threats or bribery.
    I don't know about that Ray but I do think it was a bad move on A&E's part. That show has given them the greatest ratings it has ever experienced. And from the beginning has offended one group or another. There also seems to be quite an outrage starting over the suspension of Phil. I'm wondering if there isn't some network shopping going on right now to pick up the show and share a piece of over 800 million in Duck merchandise once the Ducks legally fulfill their contract.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Though I believe obviously A&E has a right to fire whoever they want to fire for any reason, I don't see why his views outside of the show, have any effect on his ability to do the show, nor do I see how that would be put on A&E.
    The whole prayer deal at the end of the show, other talks and sermons he has given have been an issue for people since the beginning.

  9. #149
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,414

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    I said you were arguing form a position of ignorance.

    translated, I said you are arguing without having all the facts.

    I didn't say you were ignorant. so nice try, but you are wrong.
    Your argument is so bizarre at a fundamental level it is hard to parse it. You think there is quantifiable evidence somewhere? where? what kind of evidence? that this whole issue is about principle rather than economics, concerning a tv show?

    I tried to ask you earlier what you were talking about but you never elaborated. The principles of the A&E execs? Are you saying they cut the cord because they are liberals who were offended? The shareholders? Even so isn't this the "free market"? People who are in charge of a business are allowed to run it as they see fit, right?

  10. #150
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Doubtful. Martin Bashir is off the air (rightfully). What happened the the Dixie Chicks?
    not the greatest example. weeks went by before the network acted even though virtually nobody agreed with his position, even among those that watch him.

    I suspect the majority that watch this show, agree with the person suspended.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •