Page 126 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #1251
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    What?
    Just because one man and one organization are hold bigoted beliefs does not associate them together.


  2. #1252
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Traditional values are being openly attacked? Puuuhhhlease. If attacking homosexuals is "traditional values" then good riddance.' It used to be "traditional" for races to only marry amongst the same race.

    No, traditional values are not being attacked, a station is standing up for gays like they have a right to.

    If a worker on a Christian show openly complained about Christians and how Christianity leads to fascism, I would support that station suspending or firing the worker.
    Certainly you have to see the weakness of your argument there. Gays are a small to non-existent percentage of the viewing audience, self-identified christians are not.

  3. #1253
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Just because one man and one organization are hold bigoted beliefs does not associate them together.
    no, that is done when you bring both groups up and draw an association. Like when someone goes, "hey, look who supports the duck dynasty guy!"

  4. #1254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Certainly you have to see the weakness of your argument there. Gays are a small to non-existent percentage of the viewing audience, self-identified christians are not.
    Gays are a small part, gay support is not small it is rather quite large. I am a heterosexual and I support gays and SSM.

  5. #1255
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Just because one man and one organization are hold bigoted beliefs does not associate them together.
    Then why do you bring it up?

  6. #1256
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    your presentation was that phil can get away with his odious behavior by cloaking it in the religiosity of the bible
    i offered those other examples to prove your presentation wrong
    if the religious basis will not protect him from being found wrong having slaves or stoning someone, it will similarly not protect him from the consequences of saying stupid ****
    You just show your own lack of understanding.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #1257
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

    Phil and the rest could give two ****s whether A&E has a show or not. In fact, I'm sure they're tired of being followed around. They are already wealthy, don't need the income. However A&E is a different story - they NEED the show. Their other big bread winners are slowly dying, but this show keeps rising in the ratings.

    A&E is desparately looking for a way to cave without looking like they've caved. Better believe some producers will lose their jobs over this.

  8. #1258
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by TML View Post
    I meant a person making a statement in favor of homosexuality (which is expressing a moral judgement), not the mere statement that they are gay.
    Saying you support homosexuality does not mean you oppose heterosexuality.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  9. #1259
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Gays are a small part, gay support is not small it is rather quite large. I am a heterosexual and I support gays and SSM.
    Yeah, yeah, who cares. Are you a Duck Dynasty viewer?

  10. #1260
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    Saying you support homosexuality does not mean you oppose heterosexuality.
    that seems like a distinction without a difference within the context of your discussion: what is an isn't a moral position

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •