Page 114 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #1131
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,617

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Now THAT was an unfortunate yet revealing(?) typo.
    Just got a tablet with a keyboard. I make lots of spelling errors. It is extremely sensitive.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  2. #1132
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I however do find what Phil Robertson said about gays and blacks to be moronic.
    Which is bigoted.
    One, a persons religious beliefs, that something is a sin, is not moronic. You couldn't even show that it is. So yes, your saying so is bigoted.
    Two, a person's own experience is an experience that you in no way can say is moronic. It is what he experienced. So yes, your saying so is bigoted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    You may not see his remarks as very foolish or stupid but I do.
    And you are seeing things wrongly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    The things he said about gays are very stupid IMHO and what he says about the happy black people before the human rights movement is both very foolish and stupid.
    And you are wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    And as said, I see his comments as bigoted and that is just how I feel. That might make me in your eyes a bigot but in my eyes I am not being bigoted but merely reacting on something I see as bigoted.
    Which is what a bigot says.





    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no. it was moronic to express such intolerant views

    Saying something is a sin is not an intolerable view.
    It is a belief supposedly handed down by G_d. A belief that you can not prove to be untrue.


    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    A&E's subsequent actions have confirmed this
    A&E actions just say they are willing not to actually look at the evidence and to cave to homosexual PC bs. That is all.
    We will see if they rethink their position.


    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and if expressing that makes me bigoted against morons, then i can live with it
    Not against morons. Against normal folks.
    And either way, that is what bigots say.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no. it was moronic to express such intolerant views
    A&E's subsequent actions have confirmed this

    and if expressing that makes me bigoted against morons, then i can live with it
    What exactly were those intolerant views??

    I read through that article three times and didn't see anything that wasn't established religious positions. Other than that he just stated a personal preference.

    In this case it's the GLAAD group that are being intolerant of religious beliefs.

  4. #1134
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    What exactly were those intolerant views??

    I read through that article three times and didn't see anything that wasn't established religious positions. Other than that he just stated a personal preference.

    In this case it's the GLAAD group that are being intolerant of religious beliefs.
    so, if he had relied on biblical passages supportive of slavery, then that would have absolved him of being intolerant to people of color
    only to you and those like you, such as the westboro baptist church, which has announced its intent to picket A&E in support of phil robertson, would offer up such an outlandish proposition that slavery is acceptable because the bible says so
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #1135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,282

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Just got a tablet with a keyboard. I make lots of spelling errors. It is extremely sensitive.
    ... can't do God's work without a righteous keyboard.

  6. #1136
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    I rarely go shopping besides tools, bicycle stores and sporting goods stores, but this time of year I do go Christmas shopping. One of the things I noticed was all the Duck Dynasty stuff everywhere. I bet this whole thing is advertising just like Chik-FilA thing was. I bet the dynasty sells a lot more stuff because of it.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #1137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so, if he had relied on biblical passages supportive of slavery, then that would have absolved him of being intolerant to people of color
    only to you and those like you, such as the westboro baptist church, which has announced its intent to picket A&E in support of phil robertson, would offer up such an outlandish proposition that slavery is acceptable because the bible says so
    No, it's not absolving him... but really his position was hardly one of hate.

    But look at aids, what are the biggest risk groups ?? According to the CDC it's in order : white MSM (man who has sex with men), black MSM, then Hispanic MSM.

    As for slavery, guess what everyone was owning slaves, and it didn't matter on the race of the slave... and even in America, the white slaves were worse off than the black slaves. You see the black slaves were property that could be traded or sold. The white slaves on the other hand were more like prisoners who only had costs so, if it came to a choice they would only "maintain" black slaves.

    This isn't saying slavery was good, but there are realities of slavery that are neglected from an American perspective... that in spite of how terrible "white people" were to black, it was ultimately white people that put an end to most of the slavery in the world.

    However, he didn't say anything outright ignorant, nor does it seem as it's from a position of hatred. He really just stated an opinion.

    So, in this case it's really just the LGBT community that's being intolerant and overly sensitive.

  8. #1138
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I rarely go shopping besides tools, bicycle stores and sporting goods stores, but this time of year I do go Christmas shopping. One of the things I noticed was all the Duck Dynasty stuff everywhere. I bet this whole thing is advertising just like Chik-FilA thing was. I bet the dynasty sells a lot more stuff because of it.
    yep. excellent PR for the show. ad at almost no cost
    a bunch of folks two have never been interested to watch it (like me) will now watch the show (unlike me)
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #1139
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,145

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    No, it's not absolving him... but really his position was hardly one of hate.

    But look at aids, what are the biggest risk groups ?? According to the CDC it's in order : white MSM (man who has sex with men), black MSM, then Hispanic MSM.

    As for slavery, guess what everyone was owning slaves, and it didn't matter on the race of the slave... and even in America, the white slaves were worse off than the black slaves. You see the black slaves were property that could be traded or sold. The white slaves on the other hand were more like prisoners who only had costs so, if it came to a choice they would only "maintain" black slaves.

    This isn't saying slavery was good, but there are realities of slavery that are neglected from an American perspective... that in spite of how terrible "white people" were to black, it was ultimately white people that put an end to most of the slavery in the world.

    However,
    he didn't say anything outright ignorant, nor does it seem as it's from a position of hatred. He really just stated an opinion.

    So, in this case it's really just the LGBT community that's being intolerant and overly sensitive.
    oh, he said something extremely ignorant
    he believes that homosexuals should have less rights than heterosexuals. how is that NOT an ignorant statement

    it is phil robertson who is putting his intolerance on display, NOT the LGBT community ... all they want is to be treated with equality
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #1140
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    He could have said that he would not make comments about that subject or that he personally thinks homosexuality is not in accordance with his religious beliefs.

    That is something that even A&E would most likely have been at peace with.

    He did not do that, he said things in such a manner (about not only homosexuality but about blacks too) that made A&E decide not to work with him anymore.

    And he made himself a target mostly for how he said things IMHO and not because he does not agree with homosexuality or gay weddings etc.
    So now everyone should worry about offending any minority special interest group right? Nonsense
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •