Page 104 of 166 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #1031
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I've done things most only dream of. How is this on topic?
    Ask yourself. Think about why people respond the way they do to you.

  2. #1032
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh....errrrr.......I did not say the "threat" did not exist (whatever that means)....the point was whether you believe in his contract there is a provision that said "threats" are reason for suspension.

    That was YOUR speculation.
    Wait, wait, wait....I think you are confused....The threat was from groups like GLAAD, and HRC toward A&E to let him go. Phil Robertson made no threat what so ever....So, are you asking me that do I think that the network has a clause in the contract that if they get threatened with boycott they can let anyone go to capitulate the threat? That's ridiculous.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1033
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    false, Bashir is gone now, Phil will be on next season as filming is already done
    DD would be better off at this point taking their show, and finding a different home, like say 'the blaze'....just sayin.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #1034
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Insteresting that, while America was debating Duck Dynasty, the Senate debated NDAA, and passed it.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #1035
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Wait, wait, wait....I think you are confused....The threat was from groups like GLAAD, and HRC toward A&E to let him go. Phil Robertson made no threat what so ever....So, are you asking me that do I think that the network has a clause in the contract that if they get threatened with boycott they can let anyone go to capitulate the threat? That's ridiculous.
    Lets review....because you forgot how you went off on your tangent....



    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yeah...sure....personal contract clauses.......don't exist!

    Tell us....what did A&E base their suspension upon?
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Pressure and threats from GLAAD and HRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh...wait....do you have PROOF? Internal memos....showing that "threats...allow A&E to suspend?
    So if you now say:

    "So, are you asking me that do I think that the network has a clause in the contract that if they get threatened with boycott they can let anyone go to capitulate (to) the threat? That's ridiculous."

    I say: I agree....they cannot suspend unless that provision in the contract.....and I doubt it is.


    I am still arguing that the most likely way way A&E was able to suspend was via a morals clause: ie his statements caused damage to the brand because they go against the beliefs of A&E and tarnish it's image.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #1036
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    he could also be talking about the spirit of the first amendment, where offensive views are simply not shut out, but openly discussed and examined
    Bull. He probably knows better, but the folks he's pandering to want to hear what they want to hear.

    A&E is being accused of being "intolerant" for having a different point of view. How is that "open discussion?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #1037
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    DD would be better off at this point taking their show, and finding a different home, like say 'the blaze'....just sayin.
    I'm sure they wouldn't be sued for breach of contract or anything....


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #1038
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Last Seen
    09-04-15 @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    420

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    DD would be better off at this point taking their show, and finding a different home, like say 'the blaze'....just sayin.
    Phil Roberston turned down a career in the NFL because it interfered with his passion, hunting, he had no idea he would become a millionare making duck calls......i dont think really gives a squat about being on TV and the family will stick with him...the Duck Commander business will continue to thrive as it did before the show, probably better

  9. #1039
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Lets review....because you forgot how you went off on your tangent....





    So if you now say:

    "So, are you asking me that do I think that the network has a clause in the contract that if they get threatened with boycott they can let anyone go to capitulate (to) the threat? That's ridiculous."

    I say: I agree....they cannot suspend unless that provision in the contract.....and I doubt it is.


    I am still arguing that the most likely way way A&E was able to suspend was via a morals clause: ie his statements caused damage to the brand because they go against the beliefs of A&E and tarnish it's image.
    Well, good, then DD is better off without A&E. Would that A&E could make the same claim.....But I find this interesting....

    "Poor Phil Robertson, "Duck Dynasty" star. He had the temerity to express opinions to GQ about homosexuality that landed him crosswise the nation's gay jackboots. Out came the truncheons, whacking not just Phil over the head, but anyone, anywhere, who has anything to do with Phil, like A&E, which is the network that brings the wildly popular "Duck Dynasty" into millions of living rooms weekly.

    Bang, bang, go the gay jackboots' clubs. Then comes the mace, just to make sure offenders get the point: Don't dare speak your mind publicly in ways that question the gay militants' party line, even if what you say is consistent with your deeply-held religious beliefs; even if what you say in no way threatens any harm to homosexuals.
    Civil discourse? You have no contributions to make to the discussion (forget debate) about homosexual "rights," unless what you say ratifies and promotes said rights, i.e., marriage, child adoption, and whatever else. A cracker like you, Phil, needs to keep your "gay-bashing" beliefs quarantined to them murky ol' Lou'siana swamps.

    Your religious beliefs inform you that practicing homosexuality is a sin? Verboten. Why, the gay jackboots will interpret your faith for you; that's their prerogative as the vanguard of an aggrieved and assertive minority.
    From the Hollywood Reporter, regarding the Phil flap:

    "Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz said.

    Wilson Cruz, theologian and point man for those charitable souls at GLAAD, informs us that his comrades and he have the corner on what true Christians believe. Perhaps that needs to be amended: "should" believe, because GLAAD insists.

    Never mind that there are tens of millions of fundamentalist Christians across the land who are closer to Phil's understanding of biblical teachings about homosexuality than those of Wilson Cruz (whatever they may be). No matter that there are yet more millions of traditional Roman and Orthodox Catholics whose faiths teach that practicing homosexuality is sinful. How about Conservative and Orthodox Jews? Or -- ready for this one -- Muslims?

    Now, if Cruz and his fellow GLAAD thugs have a bone to pick, it's with Islam. Muslims aren't just about mild expressions of disapproval over homosexuality; they're about actually harming homosexuals. That's right. The Muslim faith promotes violence as retribution for the sin and "crime" of homosexuality, per the Quran's teachings. But, heck, it's easier to push around a "Duck Dynasty" star and intimidate the network that carries his show than stand up to the practitioners of a faith -- Islam -- who are serious about dispatching homosexuals and squashing the practice of homosexuality.

    The problem with GLAAD challenging Islam is that their jackbootry is no match for Muslims' passionately-held faith. Muslims will eagerly meet GLAAD's bully-boy trash-talk and boycotts with scimitars and bombs. Homosexuals pushing boycotts at Al Jazeera are no match for an imam issuing a fatwa against, oh, say, GLAAD. Islam is defined by the warrior spirit. Homosexual activists better have more than an arsenal of words, threats, and boycotts to go to war with The Prophet's followers.

    Certainly, it's political incorrect for GLAAD to go after Islam. Islam has won favor on the left. Why? Because Islam is seen as a handy weapon for helping destroy the West (not to mention that leftist lily-livers don't want their heads to meet the wrong end of Muslim swords). So don't expect GLAAD to go after Islam, hammer and tongs, anytime soon. If anything, continue to anticipate more syrupy sycophancy.

    But hapless Phil Robertson, you bet. Phil's just a plump ol' duck lifting off the still, misty, dark waters in the rosy bayou morn. Pretty easy to aim a figurative shotgun at Phil to blow him outta the sky, huh? Pretty easy to bully the feller with the florid beard out of his show to set an example for likeminded Christians or the religious (Muslims exempted) who'd dare voice a belief that homosexuality (practiced) is a sin, and that society has a right to sanction behaviors that are in step with the natural order and time-tested as beneficial to society's wellbeing and furtherance.
    Let's take a moment to issue a reality check for our paranoid amigos at GLAAD.

    Americans, religious or not, favor toleration toward homosexuals. That translates into private lives lived as desired; that means no workplace or housing discrimination. That means -- shhh! -- leaving homosexuals alone. But for homosexual militants, that's not good enough. Toleration is intolerable. Forced acceptance is the gold standard -- and if one can't meet the standard, better keep one's trap shut tight. Better not gainsay efforts to permit homosexual marriage; better not claim that kids are better off raised in heterosexual households. Better not... or else.

    What lies behind the stridency of homosexual activists? Fear, for one. Anger, for another. Resentment, for a third.
    Despite the propaganda, homosexuals make up only about three percent of the population on these shores and globally. Homosexuals are a very distinct minority among a greatly larger population that is heterosexual, that bonds as heterosexuals, and that orders their lives as such, which is reflected in the broader culture and society. Heterosexuality is the norm; homosexuality is a deviance (stated mathematically, not pejoratively).

    Those hard realities are what chafe homosexual militants; they can't change facts, though they're now marshalling every ounce of hostility and intimidation in what will inevitably be a vain attempt to do so. Nature and nature's reality will not yield, however.

    Societies may be a little more pliable for a time, but not indefinitely. For some homosexuals -- the militants, particularly -- the fact that nature is what nature is and that, inevitably, cultures and societies must conform to nature's dictates or cease to exist is a source of anger and resentment. Longer term, most Americans won't go for societal destruction. Mimicking the heterosexual lifestyle -- marriage and children -- won't change facts anymore than strapping on wings and insisting one can fly."

    There's an enormous conceit to homosexual militancy and a sad folly.


    Read more: Articles: Crush Phil Robertson, Crush Free Speech
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #1040
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Bashir was suspended, but his job was still there.

    He decided to quit.

    Nobody took his job from him.
    Nobody has taken Phil's job either. He's on indefinite hiatus. Soooooooo....
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •