Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Hardly. You can find plenty of crappy christian nations and excellent non-christian ones. Secular government, regardless of whatever the religious beliefs of the local populace are, is the basis for vibrant nation states today.
    Perhaps you can create a Column A and a Column B to see how they stack up against each other. Not too many people emigrating to anywhere the Muslims have control.

  2. #42
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Perhaps you can create a Column A and a Column B to see how they stack up against each other. Not too many people emigrating to anywhere the Muslims have control.
    There are very large numbers of immigrants that head to Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    This is why Christians in the US (myself included) need to stop feeling defensive and persecuted in the US. I definitely don't agree that every religious symbol should be removed from public view but considering the depth of real persecution our Christian breathren face in other parts of the world, we need to maintain some perspective.
    So essentially give in and give up. Hide your beliefs, keep quiet about your beliefs, pray in private only. In other words, be ashamed of your beliefs.

  4. #44
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,968

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Have you actually got anything to say?
    I guess artistic interpretation is not one of your fortés.

    You claimed that Muslims are expanding and taking over the Middle East. First of all, which Muslims? "Muslim" isn't a country, it's a religion. So which countries are expanding their borders? All evidence demonstrates that the only country whose borders have changed is Israel as it expands its settlements. Kind of blows your argument out of the water, doesn't it?

    If anything, Muslim tribes have been busy fighting with each other for hundreds of years. If you really insist on looking at this through the lens of religion, then the U.S.-Israeli alliance looks more like a Judeochristian invasion.

    Not that religion is really at the heart of this.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    I guess artistic interpretation is not one of your fortés.
    Didn't realize it was 'art'. It looked more like a political cartoon but if you think it was 'art' then I'll go with your call.

    You claimed that Muslims are expanding and taking over the Middle East. First of all, which Muslims? "Muslim" isn't a country, it's a religion. So which countries are expanding their borders? All evidence demonstrates that the only country whose borders have changed is Israel as it expands its settlements. Kind of blows your argument out of the water, doesn't it?
    Which Muslims? Omar the Great, Achmed the Horrible and Mohamed the Seducer.. That's all the names i can give you right now. You quote me a wee bit and then go elsewhere, making little sense in the process.

    If anything, Muslim tribes have been busy fighting with each other for hundreds of years. If you really insist on looking at this through the lens of religion, then the U.S.-Israeli alliance looks more like a Judeochristian invasion.
    An invasion of where?
    Not that religion is really at the heart of this.
    What other theory do you have?

  6. #46
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Maybe it's because ever since the "war on terror" began, American evangelical missionaries have flooded the middle east, often manipulatively, which is a classical leftover of colonialism. There were plenty of stories coming out of Afghanistan about missionaries dressed in burquas pretending to be Muslims who had converted to Christianity, when really they were white Americans. In Afghanistan after the media lockdown on the press began, evangelicals were still given more free access than even our journalists. Once Amnesty International started reporting on the intensive proselytizing and seizing of children by these religious fundamentalists, the U.S. started cracking down, but it has never been complete.

    In places that are more lawless like Uganda, missionaries have been seizing social and political power, mostly by preying on local ignorance, to implement their evangelical vision of the world because their crackpot ideology will never be accepted in the United States and the rest of the western world. Essentially in every country we invade, the evangelicals follow. They may not have our government endorsement but they certainly don't have its condemnation.

    The Middle East has felt invaded by us not only politically but ideologically. And people wonder why Christians aren't safe there anymore? The U.S. war machine comes part and parcel with religious zealotry most of the time. This particular brand of Christian relies on war to carve new ideological pathways into regions that would normally be deaf to its message. And once there, these zealots use all manner of dirty tactics which offend local culture and beliefs.

    The Christians who were already there were not the problem. It is the radical American Christians who turned the region against Christianity in general. In some places the balance was a very delicate one to begin with, but these zealots tipped the scales.
    The Middle East has been flooded by Evangelical missionaries? Since when? I have no affinity for religion in general let alone Christianity, but it is ludicrous to try and suggest that the root cause of the internecine religious violence between minority Christian communities and their largely Muslim neighbors is the result of Western missionaries. It is rooted in waxing Islamism, the loosening of autocratic bonds which have held such groups in check, and the general destabilization that numerous regional conflicts have brought. Missionaries? What a masochistic and insincere answer.

    On a purely anecdotal level I travel to the Middle East frequently for business, primarily Iraq and the Gulf States, and never in my life have I come across a Christian missionary except in Iraqi Kurdistan--and he was Turkish. I did a little searching to see if there was any statistics that could be turned up on missionary activity in the Middle East and there is.

    The multitude of Baptist Congregations currently have 401 missionaries in Africa, 1,071 in the America's (excluding the US), 565 in Asia/Pacific, 728 in Europe, and 14 in the Middle East. (Missionary Statistics | Statistic Brain)

    The LDS Church which is among the most prolific of missionary movements records almost no missionaries in the Middle East with a single center in Dubai and freely admits that its congregations in the region are largely foreign nationals living abroad. (LDS Statistics and Church Facts | Total Church Membership)

    The same general numbers seem to hold true for the Presbyterian Church, and other evangelical denominations which maintain low key, low staffed centers in places like Egypt.

    Evangelical influence in Uganda has been possible because Uganda is already a conservative Christian country and its leadership had close ties and connections to US based religious organizations. This has nothing to do with the War on Terror. Your premises and conclusion make no sense.

  7. #47
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    This is why everyone should just be atheist. No fundamentalist islam or christians.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  8. #48
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    There are very large numbers of immigrants that head to Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States.
    There is a difference between an immigrant and a foreign worker.


    It might behoove you to learn that difference.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #49
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    I guess artistic interpretation is not one of your fortés.

    You claimed that Muslims are expanding and taking over the Middle East. First of all, which Muslims? "Muslim" isn't a country, it's a religion. So which countries are expanding their borders? All evidence demonstrates that the only country whose borders have changed is Israel as it expands its settlements. Kind of blows your argument out of the water, doesn't it?

    If anything, Muslim tribes have been busy fighting with each other for hundreds of years. If you really insist on looking at this through the lens of religion, then the U.S.-Israeli alliance looks more like a Judeochristian invasion.

    Not that religion is really at the heart of this.
    You are obviously know nothing of the history or demographics of the region, so I expect you have absolutely no idea that Lebanon, for instance, was set up initially with a Christian majority, but were you to ever get past your 8th grade understanding of the world, you might come to realize that Islam dominates in increasing sections of the world where it did not dominate previously. Sure, you know only so much about things so as to know what you are expected to defend in order to be conformist, but the truth of the matter says otherwise.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #50
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    Re: Christianity beginning 'to disappear' in its birthplace, warns Prince of Wales

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    This is why everyone should just be atheist. No fundamentalist islam or christians.
    That's just silly.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •