Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 222

Thread: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

  1. #71
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You might have done better had you not posted this 'margin of error' silliness.
    "Margin of error" -- an actual thing, yanno, when it comes to scientific polling -- is now "silliness"? When the only reason it was mentioned was to debunk sawyer's claim that the headline was "spinning"?

    The intellectual dishonesty of the Obama Derangement Syndrome sufferers knows no bounds.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    "Margin of error" -- an actual thing, yanno, when it comes to scientific polling -- is now "silliness"? When the only reason it was mentioned was to debunk sawyer's claim that the headline was "spinning"?

    The intellectual dishonesty of the Obama Derangement Syndrome sufferers knows no bounds.
    Yes, we all know about the 'margin of error in polls, which wasn't the point.

    Yes, ODS is to blame for all his, and the country's, misfortunes. Of course that might also be a margin of error.

  3. #73
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, we all know about the 'margin of error in polls, which wasn't the point.

    Yes, ODS is to blame for all his, and the country's, misfortunes.
    Of course that might also be a margin of error.
    Because that's what I said.

    Straw-man3.jpg

    Apparently we all DON'T know about MoE, since j-mac made it pretty clear he didn't.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Because that's what I said.

    Straw-man3.jpg

    Apparently we all DON'T know about MoE, since j-mac made it pretty clear he didn't.
    You went to far too much trouble here.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Health care costs went up as soon as a middleman came between the doctor and patient. Health Care Insurance was a scam the governments supported by not allowing competition between states, as well as reforming tort laws. Lobbyists had to play a large role in this, and because most politicians are lawyers the lobbyists were often the politicians themselves.

    Obamacare will make things even worse, a 'reform' headed in an entirely wrong direction.
    Partly correct:
    Health care costs do go up when a middleman comes between the patient and the doctor, particularly when the patient doesn't care, doesn't even know in most cases, what the costs are. On the other hand, no one should face the decision of needed treatment or bankruptcy. The problem is, insurance needs to be just that, and not a pre paid health care plan.

    Not allowing competition between the states is a talking point. There has always been competition between the states, but the seller has to conform to the regulations in the state where they are selling, not just in the state where their offices are.

    Lobbyists do indeed play a role. No one can go against the wishes of the insurance industry.

    Obamacare might make things worse. It is too early to tell just yet.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Partly correct:
    Health care costs do go up when a middleman comes between the patient and the doctor, particularly when the patient doesn't care, doesn't even know in most cases, what the costs are. On the other hand, no one should face the decision of needed treatment or bankruptcy. The problem is, insurance needs to be just that, and not a pre paid health care plan.
    When people don't care about the costs, as you say, then naturally they will increase and this in turn is what led to bankruptcies. They will not care with Obamacare either and the costs will increase even more because there is no one to hold them responsible.
    Not allowing competition between the states is a talking point. There has always been competition between the states, but the seller has to conform to the regulations in the state where they are selling, not just in the state where their offices are.
    A needless impediment to greater competition.
    Lobbyists do indeed play a role. No one can go against the wishes of the insurance industry.
    They had to or there would not be the mess there is today.
    Obamacare might make things worse. It is too early to tell just yet.
    We can judge it somewhat on what has gone on so far and the prognosis is not good. However, in the long term it might bring free enterprise back to the medical system. Concierge Medicine Gains Ground

  7. #77
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    When people don't care about the costs, as you say, then naturally they will increase and this in turn is what led to bankruptcies. They will not care with Obamacare either and the costs will increase even more because there is no one to hold them responsible.
    A needless impediment to greater competition.
    They had to or there would not be the mess there is today.
    We can judge it somewhat on what has gone on so far and the prognosis is not good. However, in the long term it might bring free enterprise back to the medical system. Concierge Medicine Gains Ground
    Multiple sessions at the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) scientific assembly informed attendees about the growing world of direct primary care, sometimes called concierge, boutique, or retainer-based medicine. These practices charge patients a monthly or annual membership fee for unlimited office access, and bill patients for the tests and supplies they use.
    Concierge medicine sounds a lot like insurance through the doctors themselves. It's an intriguing idea, but what happens when the patient needs care that goes beyond what is available in t he doctor's office? It's hospital stays that really ramp up the bills?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #78
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And you know that for a fact, huh? Do you believe he would have made Romneycare national? Ignored Benghazi? Bribed the electorate with food stamps?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Concierge medicine sounds a lot like insurance through the doctors themselves. It's an intriguing idea, but what happens when the patient needs care that goes beyond what is available in t he doctor's office? It's hospital stays that really ramp up the bills?
    I imagine this will be looked after somehow, as it seems an obvious question but I really don't know enough about it either.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Five years in, Obama and Bush poll numbers nearly identical

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The best indicator will be where this country will be when Obama leaves office. GWB took a country with a budget surplus and drove this country to the brink of economic and moral bankruptcy. Obama took over a country in a mess...and hopefully he won't leave it in a mess....time will tell.
    Bush took office and was presented with 9-11, Obama took over and tell me again what has he accomplished other than failure? And you wonder why Obama's approval rating is lover than Bush.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •