Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79

Thread: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You have met Obama personally over a dozen times??
    I'm from Chicago and he was a "community organizer" or still is actually.. I've been to lots of "events" er whatever. I've never met him as the POTUS tho.

    I don't know if it's a dozen but numerous times - yes.

    I don't like the guy, but I have shook is hand - which is why I think the hand shaking thing is insanity.

    Obama is a blatant communist tho....

    It's amazing (but not) how he was elected in the first place.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 12-18-13 at 09:49 PM.

  2. #52
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    German chancellor furious after revelations US intelligence agency listened in on her personal mobile phone

    Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama | World news | The Guardian

    In an angry exchange with Barack Obama, Angela Merkel has compared the snooping practices of the US with those of the Stasi, the ubiquitous and all-powerful secret police of the communist dictatorship in East Germany, where she grew up. The German chancellor also told the US president that America's National Security Agency cannot be trusted because of the volume of material it had allowed to leak to the whistleblower Edward Snowden, according to the New York Times.

    Livid after learning from Der Spiegel magazine that the Americans were listening in to her personal mobile phone, Merkel confronted Obama with the accusation: "This is like the Stasi."
    I have to agree with Mackeral. I will up the ante and compare NSA to Gestapo.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    I have to agree with Mackeral. I will up the ante and compare NSA to Gestapo.
    I don't understand why people believe our government is benevolent or something - is it the free social welfare or money?

    They want something in return for that **** - obedience!

  4. #54
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't understand why people believe our government is benevolent or something - is it the free social welfare or money?

    They want something in return for that **** - obedience!
    The superpower mentality to many is "domineering". "I command and you obey" weather you like it or not.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm from Chicago and he was a "community organizer" or still is actually.. I've been to lots of "events" er whatever. I've never met him as the POTUS tho.

    I don't know if it's a dozen but numerous times - yes.

    I don't like the guy, but I have shook is hand - which is why I think the hand shaking thing is insanity.

    Obama is a blatant communist tho....

    It's amazing (but not) how he was elected in the first place.
    Ha yes, I can understand that. People who knew George Bush in business and other settings couldn't understand how he was elected either.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ha yes, I can understand that. People who knew George Bush in business and other settings couldn't understand how he was elected either.
    I never met Bush.

    IMO, a lot of people or commentators say "Obama came out of no where" that's not true at all - he was on the **** talking circuit for quite some time .....

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by RDS View Post
    The superpower mentality to many is "domineering". "I command and you obey" weather you like it or not.
    Well it is pretty close to 1984-ish, Orwellian ideals these days...

    How isn't it?...

    I reserve the right to do what? oh yeah - those some bad words we need to ban...

  8. #58
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I never met Bush.

    IMO, a lot of people or commentators say "Obama came out of no where" that's not true at all - he was on the **** talking circuit for quite some time .....
    No, I didn't figure you had. People that personally knew Bill Clinton have said the same thing. I have a lake house in Hot Springs and know a lot of people that know him and his brother. It's not that big of a thing. Not defending Obama, just saying.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    [/COLOR]Wrong. The NSA is worse than the Stasi. The Stasi didn't spy on everyone in East Germany like the NSA does on everyone in the USA.
    You apparently know nothing about the Stasi.

    But in any case this remark might have been a warning to the American people as much as a response to Barrack Obama. Obama is not respected much anywhere in the world except by the American left and those with no political or economical knowledge. Same thing I suppose.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Merkel compared NSA to Stasi in heated encounter with Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ha yes, I can understand that. People who knew George Bush in business and other settings couldn't understand how he was elected either.
    The people of Texas re-elected George Bush with 69% of the popular vote so perhaps its those unnamed business people who got it wrong.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •