Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 179

Thread: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    Come on you can use wiki; it tells you the pop in 1920 vs 2010 pretty easily.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Based off what? Do you have the population #'s?

  2. #132
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    Come on you can use wiki; it tells you the pop in 1920 vs 2010 pretty easily.
    I did. And didnt get those #'s.


  3. #133
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    "Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy"

    I'm not sure a survey is the way to measure this sort of thing but a better argument can be made for the bad economy contributing to the U.S. income gap. Economics works on a supply and demand basis. When businesses have to compete for employees, personal incomes rise. When they are flooded with applicants, personal incomes fall.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    So you are saying the University of Santa Cruz is lying or were the numbers off by 10? Fact is we had a population of around 110 million in 1920 and have a population around 310 million or so in 2010. The wealth distribution charge is almost the same with the top 1% having about 36% of the wealth in both times. Except that top 1% is nearly 2 million more families today - then in 1920.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I did. And didnt get those #'s.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: AP survey: US income gap is holding back economy

    No surprise here. Seems that this trickle down economic theory isnt working at all, also not a surprise.
    Our government is holding back economy...

    The reason why capitalism isn't working is because we have blatant socialists running our government and they're doing their absolute best to destroy "capitalism" and that creates crony capitalism.

    The best part is that these progressives you, other socialists and progressives in general adore are some of the most rich - elitist - assclowns on the planet... They spend everyone elses money just because they're so mentally defected they need to feel needed and could care less if they destroy the economy in the process just as long as they can continue to be aristocrats.

    These clowns have their loafers on your head while you lick them clean all for a few bucks of free money that was stolen and redistributed to you... Of course you're absolutely content with that.

    That's not even an economic model printing money, pumping unions and creating a false demand for products such as "green cars" and "green energy"... That's called neglecting basic principals of capitalism and using taxpayer dollars to pander to your special interest groups that got you elected in the first place - unions are on the government dole to boot and they are juicing the community reinvestment act. They just tore a road up they built (it took 3-years to boot) down the street from me. They laid concrete and now are ripping it up - the best part was there was nothing wrong with the road to begin with. Meanwhile businesses along that stretch of construction are suffering because the traffic is so horrible, why? because unions needed something to do and unions were Obama's voting base.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 12-18-13 at 12:02 PM.

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    Are people even looking at the right bucket of incomes when we talk about income inequality. See article below:

    Forget the top 1% — Look at the top 0.1% | The Big Picture

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Our government is holding back economy...

    The reason why capitalism isn't working is because we have blatant socialists running our government and they're doing their absolute best to destroy "capitalism" and that creates crony capitalism.

    The best part is that these progressives you, other socialists and progressives in general adore are some of the most rich - elitist - assclowns on the planet... They spend everyone elses money just because they're so mentally defected they need to feel needed and could care less if they destroy the economy in the process just as long as they can continue to be aristocrats.

    These clowns have their loafers on your head while you lick them clean all for a few bucks of free money that was stolen and redistributed to you... Of course you're absolutely content with that.

    That's not even an economic model printing money, pumping unions and creating a false demand for products such as "green cars" and "green energy"... That's called neglecting basic principals of capitalism and using taxpayer dollars to pander to your special interest groups that got you elected in the first place - unions are on the government dole to boot and they are juicing the community reinvestment act. They just tore a road up they built (it took 3-years to boot) down the street from me. They laid concrete and now are ripping it up - the best part was there was nothing wrong with the road to begin with. Meanwhile businesses along that stretch of construction are suffering because the traffic is so horrible, why? because unions needed something to do and unions were Obama's voting base.
    Capitalism is working just fine as it always has. I do agree, though, that the government is a negative influence on the economy.

  8. #138
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    It in fact did demonstrate the the point, hence what i pasted proved that point.
    Okay. How in the world does minimum wage serve as a stand in for the vast majority of wages?

    Because both the CBO and the Census Bureau says that wages increased. And your only counterpoint thus far is that in real terms minimum wage is not currently at its' peak. So you better have one helluva tie over that the CBO and Census Bureau both missed.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Capitalism is working just fine as it always has. I do agree, though, that the government is a negative influence on the economy.
    With government influence we have crony capitalism....

    We don't have anything that resembles true free market ideas...

    Our government has their hands in just about everything - hell, look at "quantitative easing" er in short - printing money.

    Our economy sucks because half of our economy is basically backdoor socialism (printing money to redistribute) and the other half is free market that our government still plays a strong role in through regulation and taxation..

    It's only this way because progressives cant grasp the concept of supply and demand, that or they will believe because a commune can survive under a socialist model or even a small country that a nation of 300 million can when both Russia/USSR and China proved otherwise... Also, we have to remember that the United States "capitalism" at least before progressives really pushed their mixed economy idea - funded many small socialist nations due to our purchasing/buying power as consumers and investors.

  10. #140
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Ap survey: Us income gap is holding back economy

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    It is double taxation, at the nominal rate of 50%. Now, we may say that we want double taxation, or that we want to discourage the dispersal of dividends (in favor, for example, of reinvestment), or that we think it is a good policy for whatever set of reasons, but it is our policy.
    Either you do not understand how corporations are treated (as a separate entity) or you don't understand how taxes are levied. Either way, there is no double taxation. I'm not sure why this falsehood continues to exist in America regarding corporations.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •