Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 197

Thread: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

  1. #131
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Plate tectonics - plate tectonics are partially caused by the moon

    Why do you thin the geological record is so shotty when it comes to climate or previous climates being usless to research? Because the rocks that give a story only tell us a story about the position of that land millions of years ago - which is certainly NOT in the same position that land is at now.
    did you ever hear of the scientific principle of uniformitarianism? it s a guiding principle of earth science which assumes that the same physical processes active in the environment today have been operating throughout geologic time

    as to your comment about the moon causing plate tectionics, no, not even close. Plate tectonics are a endogenic process, endogenic means internal processes, not external factors like the moon.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  2. #132
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    When did I ever say or even imply that?

    No, that would be anthropology (you're being general so)..
    Try biology, and you were the one trying to say the geology of the planet adapts. Do you need a post number?

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    did you ever hear of the scientific principle of uniformitarianism? it s a guiding principle of earth science which assumes that the same physical processes active in the environment today have been operating throughout geologic time

    as to your comment about the moon causing plate tectionics, no, not even close. Plate tectonics are a endogenic process, endogenic means internal processes, not external factors like the moon.
    That's the problem with science these days - the lack of objectivity...

    Most of the scientific community these days believes they know everything and reject every alternative solution to their theories or ideas..

    Sorry to tell tell but these AGW scientists get paid via government grants to legitimize AGW..

    "Climate Change" is real - AGW is nonsense.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Try biology, and you were the one trying to say the geology of the planet adapts. Do you need a post number?
    No, I meant Anthropology.... Try again...

  5. #135
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Bio diesel sucks because there is no total industry standard for them to meet so fleets are faced with gelling and complete stoppage of their fleets in colder weather. I know this because we manage the waste that comes from this process for several companies. That waste is all over the board from high akali content to spikes in methanol. There is no way I would burn that **** in a 70k-200k vehicle.
    Actually there is an industry standard, the problem is it's still in the cottage industry phase and the smaller formulaters don't always follow standards. Gelling is common in biodiesel, that why it's very hard to get B99 (99% biodiesel). In colder climates B50 is the fuel to buy. Most US climates B80 is ideal and that's what is sold. This is no more difficult than considering the octane rating of your fuel.

    Now, as to running it in your expensive vehicle, the biodiesel runs cleaner than petrodiesel and so your engine lasts even longer. You're better off with biodiesel than petrodiesel in that regard.

    If you're getting methanol spikes then the fuel wasn't processed completely. This is no different than buying bad gas that wasn't refined correctly. Btw, our state runs checks on all biodiesel just as it does petrodiesel.

  6. #136
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, I meant Anthropology.... Try again...
    Should be a new term at the community college in your area coming up. Anthropology is the study of humans, not living things in general.

  7. #137
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, look...there's no way you're going to make the argument that more jobs and economic prosperity are bad.
    It is if the prosperity is bottled necked by the 0.1% who actually run the executive side of the business. Apdst, you're trying really hard to make a broad stroke argument in a situation you haven't even analyzed. It's failing miserably and I outlined why.

    1) You have zero understanding of corporate/government relations in Mexico.
    2) You don't understand what this means for the Mexican economy.
    3. You don't understand which sector will actually benefit from increased business.

    Hell, it's plausible to suggest the American oil companies that start operatating Mexico could hire some guns to handle up on the drug cartels.
    This post right here perfectly outlines why you've been destroyed in the debate over and over again. You simply have no clue what it is you're talking about. Mining companies tried that here a few years ago. Guess who runs the mines in the Guanajuato/Zacatecas/San Luis Potosi corridor today? After mining executives started being kidnapped, they hired guns, so the cartels bought bigger guns and now everyone pays them off. That's not going to change with oil money. Short of buying up entire states, oil companies simply will pay up and then complain that the government isn't doing much. In fact, the government here is in bed with the cartels.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #138
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, you're just using the same quackery AGW nuts use to extinguish their dissenters.

    You're just trying to say they have a valid argument while denying they do.
    I really don't think you're reading my posts. It's not an all or nothing thing. Some dead spots are caused by man's farming activity, some are not. Regardless they have nothing to do with the thread topic.

  9. #139
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    More uncited nonsense. Prove it. Show us how much they're paid and then tell us what the average blue collar worker here makes. Bet you can't. Blame the union? For what? Labor abuses? Human rights abuses? Not getting paid? The union doesn't cut the check at PEMEX.
    Mexico

  10. #140
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: North America to Drown in Oil as Mexico Ends Monopoly

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It is if the prosperity is bottled necked by the 0.1% who actually run the executive side of the business. Apdst, you're trying really hard to make a broad stroke argument in a situation you haven't even analyzed. It's failing miserably and I outlined why.

    1) You have zero understanding of corporate/government relations in Mexico.
    2) You don't understand what this means for the Mexican economy.
    3. You don't understand which sector will actually benefit from increased business.



    This post right here perfectly outlines why you've been destroyed in the debate over and over again. You simply have no clue what it is you're talking about. Mining companies tried that here a few years ago. Guess who runs the mines in the Guanajuato/Zacatecas/San Luis Potosi corridor today? After mining executives started being kidnapped, they hired guns, so the cartels bought bigger guns and now everyone pays them off. That's not going to change with oil money. Short of buying up entire states, oil companies simply will pay up and then complain that the government isn't doing much. In fact, the government here is in bed with the cartels.
    And you're some kind of expert because you claim to be working in Mexico? I hardly think so.

    Local mining companies compared to multi-national oil companies that have a couple hundred thousand veterans of a ten year guerilla war to draw from?

    There's this thing called "the big picture" and "common sense" that, when employed together allow one to understand really wonderful things.

    It was American veterans of the Vietnam War that taught the Mujas how to route the Red Army in Afghanistan. It's infantile to think that American veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan can't send the cartel clowns to the house, or the grave yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •