Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 140

Thread: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

  1. #51
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    You mean all presidents with the letter "D" next to their names...
    No, I don't.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Which isn't in the Constitution at all, but why let that stop us?
    Post 35 rocket. But yeah, your right, what difference does it make at this point.

  3. #53
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    1. The plans being cancelled were junk. They provided inadequate coverage and often also included unlimited out of pocket expenses and other slimy insurance company loopholes, often to deny coverage.
    Opinion: Canceled health plan is a good thing - CNN.com
    Same old warmed over debunked garbage from you. They weren't "junk", but what people wanted. Plans that fit some people's lifestyles and situations. Because they didn't fit all or you in particular you in call them junk. It's an excuse to cover the fact that people lost coverage under Obamacare.

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Facts are those pesky things which interfere with RW manufactured outrage.
    Why do you ignore the facts then and continue with the same garbage. The lies are not going to repair Obamacare somehow.

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    2. You're over simplifying a rather complex equation. Doctor choice is always an option, however expecting your insurance company to play ball is another matter. Everyone in America not living under a rock is familiar with "in network" doctors. Nothing new here.
    And when there are fewer and fewer doctors in that network and none in your area, you don't see that as a problem? Of course you don't - Obama is a god! Obamacare is the best thing since buttered bread!

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    3. My insurance premium increase for 2014--$0. And, I am not the only one.
    Debunking the Republican lie that health insurance costs have skyrocketed under Obama | Eclectablog
    You're either lying, unaware of the increases or yes, you are the only one. But then maybe you didn't have insurance for your rates to increase in the first place. Oh nevermind, I see what you did, how do you know your rates won't climb in 2014? Got that crystal ball handy?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    So, your claim is just more RW manufactured outrage.
    The outrage over Obamacare is coming from the left and the right and is hardly manufactured.

  4. #54
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The evidence of that is usually made clear. The RW frothers just rant. Rare is one who actually provides a link with indisputable facts.
    I'm fairly centrist, in that I "just want the trains to run ontime"; without any real ideology> I even voted for Obam in '08.
    Being vehemently anti- this Global War on Terror, and with Obama's foreign policy an absolute disaster -i didn't in 2012.

    What gets me now is the ready made excuses - Congress won't cooperate -well duh...how about at least TRYING to forge a consensus?

    I cannnot abide a president who complains the 'ABC agencys" are too unwieldly to use, yet doresn't mind signing statements,
    and using the REGULATORY agancies to pass what is a fairly leftist agenda.

    I saw you comment about "hope and change", and agree truely one had to be braindead to vote on sloganeering.

    The economy is showing some signs of getting out of the doldrums, but we'll have to see.

    Meanwhile ( since you mentioned Bill Clinton), just stop the constant kvetching about how HARD it is to be POTUS.
    He's the single most powerful person in the world - act like it, and stop the blame game.

    Why can't Obama run the government as smoothly as his campaign? - Los Angeles Times



    What with the IRS targeting of tea party groups; the poor security at the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya; the eavesdropping on close allies; and the botched rollout of the landmark healthcare law, Obama increasingly seems to be battling top-level management failures as much as policy or political problems.

    On each of these controversies, Obama has claimed ignorance before the fact and outrage afterward, leaving even some Democrats to see him as asleep at the wheel.

    "There's a sort of distance in his style," said Elaine C. Kamarck, who led the Clinton administration's government reform effort and now is at the nonpartisan Brookings Institution. "On the one hand, he's not getting into terrible details like [President] Carter did. But on the other hand, it comes back to bite him because he seems to not know a lot of stuff that's going on
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  5. #55
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    No, this one is not manufactured.

  6. #56
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,588

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    I'm fairly centrist, in that I "just want the trains to run ontime"; without any real ideology> I even voted for Obam in '08.
    Being vehemently anti- this Global War on Terror, and with Obama's foreign policy an absolute disaster -i didn't in 2012.

    What gets me now is the ready made excuses - Congress won't cooperate -well duh...how about at least TRYING to forge a consensus?

    I cannnot abide a president who complains the 'ABC agencys" are too unwieldly to use, yet doresn't mind signing statements,
    and using the REGULATORY agancies to pass what is a fairly leftist agenda.

    I saw you comment about "hope and change", and agree truely one had to be braindead to vote on sloganeering.

    The economy is showing some signs of getting out of the doldrums, but we'll have to see.

    Meanwhile ( since you mentioned Bill Clinton), just stop the constant kvetching about how HARD it is to be POTUS.
    He's the single most powerful person in the world - act like it, and stop the blame game.

    Why can't Obama run the government as smoothly as his campaign? - Los Angeles Times
    If it wasn't for W, O would be the worst manager we've had in the WH since Franklin Pierce.

  7. #57
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,588

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No, this one is not manufactured.
    yes it is.

    There's plenty to complain about with Obama. Sadly, the Right seems to miss each and every one of them though.

  8. #58
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,588

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Same old warmed over debunked garbage from you. They weren't "junk", but what people wanted. Plans that fit some people's lifestyles and situations. Because they didn't fit all or you in particular you in call them junk. It's an excuse to cover the fact that people lost coverage under Obamacare.
    No. They were junk.
    Most people did not know it until A.) THey needed the coverage to find out they didn;t have it. B.) THey ended up paying tens of thousands of dollars in co-pays they never anticipated being on the hook for.

    Why do you ignore the facts then and continue with the same garbage. The lies are not going to repair Obamacare somehow.
    Obama is not running for re-elect. So, repairing Obama is not on the agenda. However, calling out RW poutrage is a requirement for responsible citizenship.



    And when there are fewer and fewer doctors in that network and none in your area, you don't see that as a problem? Of course you don't - Obama is a god! Obamacare is the best thing since buttered bread!
    Is this real or imagined? Show me where people are suddenly finding themselves with no doctors in their network.



    You're either lying, unaware of the increases or yes, you are the only one. But then maybe you didn't have insurance for your rates to increase in the first place. Oh nevermind, I see what you did, how do you know your rates won't climb in 2014? Got that crystal ball handy?
    We had our insurance meeting on the 6th of Dec. No increase in premiums and no decrease in coverage for 2014.



    The outrage over Obamacare is coming from the left and the right and is hardly manufactured.
    Obamacare sucks. Too bad you and the Right are incapable of pinpointing the real reasons why.

    You may want to read this
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/16/opinio...amacare-flaws/

  9. #59
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    While I consider it irresponsibly glib soft-soaping to sell the program to Americans, I dont think it was a lie.

    However if it was, it would be more like the lie of the decade, ranked right up there with, "Read my lips, no more taxes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #60
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, looky here...Could the press be waking up and starting to do its job? Or was this lie just too big to ignore?
    why would they acknowledge it? Politically there is absolutely no benefit

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •