Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 140 of 140

Thread: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

  1. #131
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, looky here...Could the press be waking up and starting to do its job? Or was this lie just too big to ignore?
    It was a HUGE lie, but to be fair the only real choice they have is to ignore this "award". It would be a no-win situation no matter what they said if they were to respond. Safer to just ignore it and let it fade away quicker on its own.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #132
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Okay here are a few at first glance were not true.
    Ok, this ought to be good....

    This is your opinion
    Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

    The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."

    In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial."

    Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11 - ABC News

    Not opinion...Fact.

    Again, your opinion
    Michelle Obama told CNN affiliate WJAR after a campaign event in Providence, Rhode Island. "I mean everyone has said what I said...

    Michelle Obama clarifies: I’ve always loved my country – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

    Fact again.

    Proof that this was a lie? Not interested in assumptions
    Obama was specifically asked by Bill O'Reilly if Reverend Wright had said white people were bad, to which Obama replied "no." [29][30][31] In his book Dreams from my Father, Obama had quoted Reverend Wright as saying in a sermon "It's this world, where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where White folks' greed runs a world in need." [32] Obama said the remarks had come to his attention at the beginning of his presidential campaign but contended that because Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of Obama's strong links to Trinity, he had not thought it appropriate to leave the church.[33]

    Jeremiah Wright controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Come to light at the beginning of his campaign? Really? I thought he wrote "Dreams"? Anyway, another lie....

    How did you go by proving this was a lie
    I was alive, and watching news at the time....His cabinet put out this information? But I know, Obama isn't responsible for anyone in his cabinet, that kind of accountability only applies to Republican presidents.

    Matthew 7:1-5 ESV

    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.
    I am human....Not perfect. Liberals have a lot of nerve quoting the bible only when it suits them.

    Totally opinionated
    Yep, It's my opinion that he swore the oath, and violates it regularly.

    It is ironic that you want documented proof on this one.
    It's ironic that you don't ask for proof that he said this outrageous statement....only attack me for posting it...typical.

    You honestly believe that the wealthy pay their fair share??? Really???
    The top 10 percent of taxpayers paid over 70% of the total amount collected in federal income taxes in 2010, the latest year figures are available, according to the Tax Foundation, a think tank that advocates for lower taxes. That's up from 55% in 1986.
    The remaining 90% bore just under 30% of the tax burden. And 47% of all Americans pay hardly anything at all --

    The rich pay majority of U.S. income taxes - Mar. 12, 2013

    Yep.

    Give me proof of any GOP bill that addresses these issues
    The EPA exists because of a Republican.

    Wait...So when Reagan was in office, how did the taxes get raised all those times? I mean the only way that bill would pass is if the POTUS signed off right????
    There are some factors that go into these decisions during the 80s. One was the absolute mess that Jimmy Carter left him....(Wow, I like using that one...So easy...Thanks libs) But as you know Congress is where spending originates. So your claim that Reagan raised taxes, although technically true, is weasely at best.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #133
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,967

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    You post an opinion piece as a rebuttal? They weren't "junk plans" no matter how much you want to make it so. These people WANTED these plans, and don't want the over prices crap being doled out by the ACA. Many can no longer afford the doctor's visits even if the DO pay the exorbitant prices of these new plans because all their spare money would go to premiums. It's bull*** and you know it.



    An absolutely pointless thing to say on your part. People who lost their plans in #1 above had doctors under those plans that they could see AND AFFORD TO SEE. With the new plans they can't go to their old doctor or afford to see their new doctor. Obama gave you worthless health INSURANCE that results in less health CARE. That is idiotic.
    I posit that if your insurance was so good that you could see a doctor of your choice under it without paying in excess of $5000 in deductibles and seeing a max out of pocket cap around $50,000, the coverage and plan was not erased. ACA erased plans that were outrageously high deductibles and out of pocket maximums, plus plans that did not cover your typical isues like females who were pregnant. Duh.


    Nice deflection though, claiming my citation was worthless while citing nothing your own damned self




    Aren't you 71 years old or something? You are on Medicare right?

    Cool story bro either way. Your anecdote and a leftwing blog aren't a compelling counter argument to the millions losing coverage and getting price hikes.
    Actually, no. We had a high quality plan from the outset that didn;t change because...well, it was high quality.

  4. #134
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,713

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I posit that if your insurance was so good that you could see a doctor of your choice under it without paying in excess of $5000 in deductibles and seeing a max out of pocket cap around $50,000, the coverage and plan was not erased. ACA erased plans that were outrageously high deductibles and out of pocket maximums, plus plans that did not cover your typical isues like females who were pregnant. Duh.
    I posit that you need to provide evidence of your claim. Since you provide zero evidence of your claim I can say just as easily that deductibles are rising as are premiums.


    Nice deflection though, claiming my citation was worthless while citing nothing your own damned self
    It is worthless. You posted an opinion piece. This is not generally the high water in debate.

    Actually, no. We had a high quality plan from the outset that didn;t change because...well, it was high quality.

    So did you consider Medicare to be low quality, then?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #135
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,967

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I posit that you need to provide evidence of your claim. Since you provide zero evidence of your claim I can say just as easily that deductibles are rising as are premiums.




    It is worthless. You posted an opinion piece. This is not generally the high water in debate.




    So did you consider Medicare to be low quality, then?
    I posted a citation, while you posted nothing but hot air. That's typical of you righties. I notice.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I'm sure that you'll equally demanding of liberal oriented assertions as well. Am I safe in making this assumption? Or is this only a one way street?
    I certainly try to be. I denounced the Bush is Hitler and was behind 9/11 nonsense when it was out. Silliness is silliness no matter who does it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #137
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,953
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I certainly try to be. I denounced the Bush is Hitler and was behind 9/11 nonsense when it was out. Silliness is silliness no matter who does it.
    On this we can both agree. The challenge, as it always is, is identifying and sorting the silliness from the real meat.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    On this we can both agree. The challenge, as it always is, is identifying and sorting the silliness from the real meat.
    The real meat is there is no Obama army.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #139
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, this ought to be good....



    Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God Bless America" but "God damn America."

    The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20 years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own "terrorism."

    In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said, "I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial."

    Obama's Pastor: God Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11 - ABC News

    Not opinion...Fact.



    Michelle Obama told CNN affiliate WJAR after a campaign event in Providence, Rhode Island. "I mean everyone has said what I said...

    Michelle Obama clarifies: I’ve always loved my country – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

    Fact again.



    Obama was specifically asked by Bill O'Reilly if Reverend Wright had said white people were bad, to which Obama replied "no." [29][30][31] In his book Dreams from my Father, Obama had quoted Reverend Wright as saying in a sermon "It's this world, where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where White folks' greed runs a world in need." [32] Obama said the remarks had come to his attention at the beginning of his presidential campaign but contended that because Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of Obama's strong links to Trinity, he had not thought it appropriate to leave the church.[33]

    Jeremiah Wright controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Come to light at the beginning of his campaign? Really? I thought he wrote "Dreams"? Anyway, another lie....



    I was alive, and watching news at the time....His cabinet put out this information? But I know, Obama isn't responsible for anyone in his cabinet, that kind of accountability only applies to Republican presidents.



    I am human....Not perfect. Liberals have a lot of nerve quoting the bible only when it suits them.



    Yep, It's my opinion that he swore the oath, and violates it regularly.



    It's ironic that you don't ask for proof that he said this outrageous statement....only attack me for posting it...typical.



    The top 10 percent of taxpayers paid over 70% of the total amount collected in federal income taxes in 2010, the latest year figures are available, according to the Tax Foundation, a think tank that advocates for lower taxes. That's up from 55% in 1986.
    The remaining 90% bore just under 30% of the tax burden. And 47% of all Americans pay hardly anything at all --

    The rich pay majority of U.S. income taxes - Mar. 12, 2013

    Yep.



    The EPA exists because of a Republican.



    There are some factors that go into these decisions during the 80s. One was the absolute mess that Jimmy Carter left him....(Wow, I like using that one...So easy...Thanks libs) But as you know Congress is where spending originates. So your claim that Reagan raised taxes, although technically true, is weasely at best.







    Michelle Obama told CNN affiliate WJAR after a campaign event in Providence, Rhode Island. "I mean everyone has said what I said...

    Michelle Obama clarifies: I’ve always loved my country – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

    Fact again.
    You are either playing partisan games or you have a hard time comprehending. If you read the article you posted you can understand what POTUS and FLOTUS were saying. People took what she said out of context and she went to explain what she meant. But your 20/20 partisan vision refuse to let you see that. Anybody with a 4th grade education can clearly understand what she is saying.


    Obama was specifically asked by Bill O'Reilly if Reverend Wright had said white people were bad, to which Obama replied "no." [29][30][31] In his book Dreams from my Father, Obama had quoted Reverend Wright as saying in a sermon "It's this world, where cruise ships throw away more food in a day than most residents of Port-au-Prince see in a year, where White folks' greed runs a world in need." [32] Obama said the remarks had come to his attention at the beginning of his presidential campaign but contended that because Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of Obama's strong links to Trinity, he had not thought it appropriate to leave the church.[33]

    Jeremiah Wright controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Come to light at the beginning of his campaign? Really? I thought he wrote "Dreams"? Anyway, another lie....
    Again where did he say that white people were bad. I'm sure I am accountable for some bad that I done in life, but that doesn't make me a bad person. What you can't criticize white people now?


    I was alive, and watching news at the time....His cabinet put out this information? But I know, Obama isn't responsible for anyone in his cabinet, that kind of accountability only applies to Republican presidents.
    Yeah Fox news . I never said that the POTUS is not responsible for anyone in his cabinet. I said that with Bush, Clinton, and now Obama. What I am saying is show me proof he was lying. Simple request. All you show me was allegations. I can say all day that Bush knew Iraq didn't have WMD all along and you will argue that The Intelligence Committee gave him wrong information. But in the end, I can't say that he was lying because I don't have proof.

    See how that works?


    I am human....Not perfect. Liberals have a lot of nerve quoting the bible only when it suits them.
    The pot calling the kettle black. Republicans are notorious for using God to shield their personal agendas. But anyway, I know you are not perfect and neither am I. But if you are truly a follower of Christ, you know that is a definite no no to sit on a pedestal and declare who is Christian and who is not. I seen you post some very nasty things on this site that wasn't very Christ like and I have done the same. But I know that I don't have the authority to claim who is Christian and who is not. I have my own issues that I need God to cleanse me of. From a Christian viewpoint, this is my biggest beef with the Christian Conservative branch of your party. You guys go around like you are the anointed ones and declaring who is a Christian and who is evil. There is only one being that has the authority to do this and from what I know , he doesn't have a political party.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  10. #140
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    You are either playing partisan games or you have a hard time comprehending. If you read the article you posted you can understand what POTUS and FLOTUS were saying. People took what she said out of context and she went to explain what she meant. But your 20/20 partisan vision refuse to let you see that. Anybody with a 4th grade education can clearly understand what she is saying.




    Again where did he say that white people were bad. I'm sure I am accountable for some bad that I done in life, but that doesn't make me a bad person. What you can't criticize white people now?




    Yeah Fox news . I never said that the POTUS is not responsible for anyone in his cabinet. I said that with Bush, Clinton, and now Obama. What I am saying is show me proof he was lying. Simple request. All you show me was allegations. I can say all day that Bush knew Iraq didn't have WMD all along and you will argue that The Intelligence Committee gave him wrong information. But in the end, I can't say that he was lying because I don't have proof.

    See how that works?




    The pot calling the kettle black. Republicans are notorious for using God to shield their personal agendas. But anyway, I know you are not perfect and neither am I. But if you are truly a follower of Christ, you know that is a definite no no to sit on a pedestal and declare who is Christian and who is not. I seen you post some very nasty things on this site that wasn't very Christ like and I have done the same. But I know that I don't have the authority to claim who is Christian and who is not. I have my own issues that I need God to cleanse me of. From a Christian viewpoint, this is my biggest beef with the Christian Conservative branch of your party. You guys go around like you are the anointed ones and declaring who is a Christian and who is evil. There is only one being that has the authority to do this and from what I know , he doesn't have a political party.
    As I thought, no rational discussion exists here. Only derision, and denial. If you believe this pap you put out here, then God bless, I am not into banging my head against a wall.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •