Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 140

Thread: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

  1. #121
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This thread is about Obama's lies....But, as I figured, liberals just can't be honest....When confronted with the facts, they just have to point fingers at every republican from Lincoln forward as the cause of their own malfeasance....pathetic.
    Your right but again, this is what everybody does.

  2. #122
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I wouldn't say that, I would say that some cars are not red.
    Contrary to the end eh?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #123
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    There is no constitutional provision for a recall election.
    OMG! Sorry Kobie. I don't know how many times in this thread I'm going to have to explain myself. OF COURSE I know that. He made a funny and I responded in kind!

  4. #124
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,821
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And they cancelled insurance polices on people long before ACA. This is not new.
    I believe I conceded that point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Your percentages are comical. Be clearer what you're referring to.
    You and I both know that there are no published facts, at least none that I'm aware of, on how many policies were cancelled in year prior to the ACA. We also both know that there are around 5M policies that have been cancelled BECAUSE of the ObamaCare, at least that's the reporting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And the cancellations come with new polices. This is done regular. In 2005 they cancelled the policy they offered here and offered a new one that covered less and cost more. Damn Obama.

    Like I said, your side is taking what is largely (not 100%) normal business and blaming ACA. You have to dig deeper.
    You and I both know that there are no published facts, at least none that I'm aware of, on how many policies were cancelled in year prior to the ACA. And the reporting had run that around 5M policies have been cancelled BECAUSE of ObamaCare. But again, where are the hard and fast numbers? None are coming out of the administration that you can believe. Hell, they don't even want to differentiate someone who's visited the web site vs. ones that have actually selected a plan, vs. ones that actually bought something. All very mysterious and secretive.

    What has been reported is at follows:

    So all in all, sold on known false pretenses ad the time, with false promises, with a financial model that doesn't work, that is deeply unpopular with the electorate.

  5. #125
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Is it possible that the GOP lies more, I don't know, just asking
    .



    My guess is that all politicians are equally guilty.

  6. #126
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This thread is about Obama's lies....But, as I figured, liberals just can't be honest....When confronted with the facts, they just have to point fingers at every republican from Lincoln forward as the cause of their own malfeasance....pathetic.
    Okay here are a few at first glance were not true.


    My Church Is Like Any Other Christian Church
    ABC News
    This is your opinion


    My Wife Didn’t Mean What She Said About Pride In Country
    CNN
    Again, your opinion


    Didn’t know Jeremiah Wright was Radical.
    Dreams of My Father – A radical Socialist.
    Proof that this was a lie? Not interested in assumptions



    Unemployment rate will be 8.5% without stimulus.
    How did you go by proving this was a lie


    Collective salvation
    Obama calls himself a Christian
    Matthew 7:1-5 ESV

    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.



    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
    Obama Inauguration. 20 Jan 2009
    Totally opinionated


    Doctors choose amputation because they get better compensation. Greedy Doctors taking out tonsils for more money.
    Claims never documented
    It is ironic that you want documented proof on this one.


    Rich doesn’t pay their fair share.
    National Taxpayers Union
    You honestly believe that the wealthy pay their fair share??? Really???


    Then you’ve got their(GOP)which is dirtier air, dirtier water, less people with health insurance
    Barack Obama, campaiging in Asheville, NC, 10/17/11
    Give me proof of any GOP bill that addresses these issues

    “Every idea that we’ve put forward are ones that traditionally have been supported by Democrats and Republicans alike.”
    Like Raising taxes?
    Wait...So when Reagan was in office, how did the taxes get raised all those times? I mean the only way that bill would pass is if the POTUS signed off right????

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  7. #127
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Contrary to the end eh?



    I can't help it, I was born like this, contrary to the last breath.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I believe I conceded that point.



    You and I both know that there are no published facts, at least none that I'm aware of, on how many policies were cancelled in year prior to the ACA. We also both know that there are around 5M policies that have been cancelled BECAUSE of the ObamaCare, at least that's the reporting.



    You and I both know that there are no published facts, at least none that I'm aware of, on how many policies were cancelled in year prior to the ACA. And the reporting had run that around 5M policies have been cancelled BECAUSE of ObamaCare. But again, where are the hard and fast numbers? None are coming out of the administration that you can believe. Hell, they don't even want to differentiate someone who's visited the web site vs. ones that have actually selected a plan, vs. ones that actually bought something. All very mysterious and secretive.

    What has been reported is at follows:

    So all in all, sold on known false pretenses ad the time, with false promises, with a financial model that doesn't work, that is deeply unpopular with the electorate.
    The year prior would not be meaningful. These things don't happen consistently year to year. But we do it has happened before, something you largely concede.

    You headlines, full of mays and could, and little direct links. Again, there must be a deeper analysis. At some point we have to show these things are not within the normal movement of insurance and that no other factors play a role. Statistic can be deceiving and don't speak for themselves. You need appropriate analysis.

    As for Obama, yes, his cliam was incorrect, and would likely have been incorrect without ACA, so it was clearly false and not a promise he could make. So, I'm not disputing that it was a lie, and foolish for him to even say. But it is debatable whether ACA is fully or even largely to blame. We need much more data before we can cliam out of hand what is the cause of what.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #129
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,821
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The year prior would not be meaningful. These things don't happen consistently year to year. But we do it has happened before, something you largely concede.

    You headlines, full of mays and could, and little direct links. Again, there must be a deeper analysis. At some point we have to show these things are not within the normal movement of insurance and that no other factors play a role. Statistic can be deceiving and don't speak for themselves. You need appropriate analysis.

    As for Obama, yes, his cliam was incorrect, and would likely have been incorrect without ACA, so it was clearly false and not a promise he could make. So, I'm not disputing that it was a lie, and foolish for him to even say. But it is debatable whether ACA is fully or even largely to blame. We need much more data before we can cliam out of hand what is the cause of what.
    I'm sure that you'll equally demanding of liberal oriented assertions as well. Am I safe in making this assumption? Or is this only a one way street?

  10. #130
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    1. The plans being cancelled were junk. They provided inadequate coverage and often also included unlimited out of pocket expenses and other slimy insurance company loopholes, often to deny coverage.
    Opinion: Canceled health plan is a good thing - CNN.com

    Facts are those pesky things which interfere with RW manufactured outrage.
    You post an opinion piece as a rebuttal? They weren't "junk plans" no matter how much you want to make it so. These people WANTED these plans, and don't want the over prices crap being doled out by the ACA. Many can no longer afford the doctor's visits even if the DO pay the exorbitant prices of these new plans because all their spare money would go to premiums. It's bull*** and you know it.

    2. You're over simplifying a rather complex equation. Doctor choice is always an option, however expecting your insurance company to play ball is another matter. Everyone in America not living under a rock is familiar with "in network" doctors. Nothing new here.
    An absolutely pointless thing to say on your part. People who lost their plans in #1 above had doctors under those plans that they could see AND AFFORD TO SEE. With the new plans they can't go to their old doctor or afford to see their new doctor. Obama gave you worthless health INSURANCE that results in less health CARE. That is idiotic.


    3. My insurance premium increase for 2014--$0. And, I am not the only one.
    Debunking the Republican lie that health insurance costs have skyrocketed under Obama | Eclectablog


    So, your claim is just more RW manufactured outrage.
    Aren't you 71 years old or something? You are on Medicare right?

    Cool story bro either way. Your anecdote and a leftwing blog aren't a compelling counter argument to the millions losing coverage and getting price hikes.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •