Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 140

Thread: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

  1. #111
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Cont....






    Whew...That is a long ass list.....Does he ever tell the truth?

    Base on your list, you forgot some.

    Told daughters that "Santa Claus will bring them a gift on Christmas", or "The tooth Fairy will leave a shiny quarter under the pillow"

    The lying bastard


    I was going to post Romney lies but it may slow this site down to a point that will make healthcare.org look like Google.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  2. #112
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Odd response, because I didn't say differently....Kind of like me saying 'I like apples', and you responding with, 'some cars are red'..
    .



    I wouldn't say that, I would say that some cars are not red.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    It is a fact that insurance companies cancelled policies on people that were carrying them.

    Just as it is a fact that ObamaCare has caused that number to go up between 100% to 1000% in less than a single year.

    I can't believe that the insurance industry would have cancelled 5M policies in a single year. Way too much a hit on revenue for them. Come on!
    And they cancelled insurance polices on people long before ACA. This is not new.

    Your percentages are comical. Be clearer what you're referring to.

    And the cancellations come with new polices. This is done regular. In 2005 they cancelled the policy they offered here and offered a new one that covered less and cost more. Damn Obama.

    Like I said, your side is taking what is largely (not 100%) normal business and blaming ACA. You have to dig deeper.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Everything published about Obama that comes from the right is partisan.

    If you will do a little research you will discover that Politi-Fact has found a lot more GOP lies than Democratic lies.

    Up to you if you are interested enough to check this out. I find all of this to be a big waste of time which accomplishes nothing.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    Is it possible that the GOP lies more, I don't know, just asking.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    How the mighty have fallen.

    Back in '08' he is a great man that will offer real change for America and the world. He was honored with a Nobel Peace Prize (even though he was nominated after only being in office for about 6 weeks).

    Now, his defenders are reduced to:

    'Well, he is no worse then other politicians'.


    When will people learn that one should NEVER trust ANY politician - no matter how desperately they want to?
    Yes, he has fallen. We had high hopes and they have been dashed.

  6. #116
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Well, whenever they say anything about a GOP pol, that's what we hear. Usually they're accused of being partisan the other way...
    That's true, I know because I have said as much..For the record, I still think that politi fact has a bias, largely because they are too close to their editorial page, and yes for the most part I think that they shilled their pronouncements toward protecting Obama. But, like I said, Obama is going so far off the rails with lies, that of the top 5, Obama had 3 of them. I don't think they had a choice.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, he has fallen. We had high hopes and they have been dashed.
    Even I thought that maybe he would be an improvement...that just maybe he would be a bit different.

    I believe either he was relatively great and just compromised himself into mediocrity OR he never was that great.

    My guess is that it is a bit of both.

  8. #118
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Base on your list, you forgot some.

    Told daughters that "Santa Claus will bring them a gift on Christmas", or "The tooth Fairy will leave a shiny quarter under the pillow"

    The lying bastard


    I was going to post Romney lies but it may slow this site down to a point that will make healthcare.org look like Google.
    This thread is about Obama's lies....But, as I figured, liberals just can't be honest....When confronted with the facts, they just have to point fingers at every republican from Lincoln forward as the cause of their own malfeasance....pathetic.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #119
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, looky here...Could the press be waking up and starting to do its job? Or was this lie just too big to ignore?
    Very few people outside of political junkies pay attention to politiFact or even politics in general unless an election is approaching. But for us political junkies it is quite intriguing, the award I mean.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: White House ignores 'lie of the year' award

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    : Obama is no fool. He is not incompetent. On the contrary, he is brilliant. He knows exactly what he is doing, and he intends to continue. He is overwhelming the system with government spending and entitlement demands, and creating a permanent majority that needs government for survival, who can be counted on to always vote for bigger government. And why not? They have no responsibility to pay for it.

    This of course cannot continue indefinitely. Our ever-growing debt will see to that. But what happens when the countries that lend us 46 cents of every dollar we spend simply...stop? That is going to be horrifying for everyone, and I don't care where you are on the monetary scale. If someone is begging for food to feed their children, will you be able to ignore them if you could help? If so, how long could you continue to do so? Sad...

    Greetings, j-mac.
    Not to disagree with you here because what you say is accurate, but the national debt doubled during the Bush administration and we probably were borrowing 44 cents on the dollar then and DHS was created then and only slightly less people were on government assistance then. We see here a growing problem regardless of who's in office. Will the next republican president slash the ND, decrease government assistance roles and shrink the over all government back down to say pre Bush size? NO he/she will not. This is a problem of partisanship and finger pointing.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •