Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot at Mid-Continent Airport in Witchita

  1. #1
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot at Mid-Continent Airport in Witchita

    Prolly going to be another wing nut befriended, enticed and financed and provided an inert bomb to execute a charade. Some terror bomb plot.




    Former aviation technician Terry Loewen 'spent months developing a plan to use his access card to the airport to drive explosive devices into the terminal,' U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said at a press conference while saying the 58-year-old planned to 'die in the explosion as a martyr'' for terror group Al Qaida.



    Read more: Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot*at Mid-Continent Airport in Wichita, wanted to be 'martyr': prosecutor - NY Daily News
    Last edited by Montecresto; 12-13-13 at 06:46 PM.

  2. #2
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot at Mid-Continent Airport in Witchita

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Prolly going to be another wing nut befriended, enticed and financed and provided an inert bomb to execute a charade. Some terror bomb plot.




    Former aviation technician Terry Loewen 'spent months developing a plan to use his access card to the airport to drive explosive devices into the terminal,' U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said at a press conference while saying the 58-year-old planned to 'die in the explosion as a martyr'' for terror group Al Qaida.



    Read more: Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot*at Mid-Continent Airport in Wichita, wanted to be 'martyr': prosecutor - NY Daily News
    So.....this guy spent "months" planning this....and what does he come up with?
    Drive into airport, blow self up?
    Not exactly rocket science, eh?
    I guess the fact that wannabe terrorists seem somewhat slow-witted is a good thing.
    On the downside, this guy was an "aviation technician".
    I'm hoping an "aviation technician" isn't dealing with anything flying related.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot at Mid-Continent Airport in Witchita

    Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    So.....this guy spent "months" planning this....and what does he come up with?
    Drive into airport, blow self up?
    Not exactly rocket science, eh?
    I guess the fact that wannabe terrorists seem somewhat slow-witted is a good thing.
    On the downside, this guy was an "aviation technician".
    I'm hoping an "aviation technician" isn't dealing with anything flying related.
    He is/was an airplane mechanic.

  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot at Mid-Continent Airport in Witchita

    Oh look, yet another instance of the FBI convincing someone to be a terrorist and then arresting them for being a terrorist.

    How come they never catch people who've managed to obtain actual explosives?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot at Mid-Continent Airport in Witchita

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh look, yet another instance of the FBI convincing someone to be a terrorist and then arresting them for being a terrorist.

    How come they never catch people who've managed to obtain actual explosives?
    Grant it, a person that allows the FBI to walk them through a terror plot like this, well I just feel an uneasiness that he was working on the planes we fly, but yeah, this FBI MO is way over the top obvious already.

  6. #6
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Kansas man arrested in terror bomb plot at Mid-Continent Airport in Witchita

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Grant it, a person that allows the FBI to walk them through a terror plot like this, well I just feel an uneasiness that he was working on the planes we fly, but yeah, this FBI MO is way over the top obvious already.
    He was a "former" aircraft mechanic. I'm suspecting he was let go due to some mental instability.

    Ask enough unstable people to do something crazy, and eventually one of them will.

    edit: Come to think of it, that's pretty much what Al-Qaeda does, so maybe this criticism is more on the mark than I thought.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •