Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 120

Thread: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

  1. #71
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    No, the reason we can't have sensible debate is because of posts like yours, that try to push off every law abiding gun owner and supporter of the 2nd amendment as an uneducated redneck. Get a clue.
    This biggest problem is this

    anti gun leaders are dishonest

    its not about a main goal of increasing public safety with the collateral damage being our rights

    rather the main goal is damaging our rights and the collateral damage is public safety!

    gun control (and by that I mean laws that are mainly directed at honest citizens such as waiting periods, bans on scary looking firearms, and the pathetically moronic magazine limits) is pushed for several reasons

    1) the original reason--to serve as a shield for the Democrats who were being bludgeoned by Nixon and others as being soft on violent street crime

    2) to punish organizations (mainly) and individuals (secondly) who called BS on #1 and noted that the Dems were pretending to be tough on crime when in reality they were defending street criminals with ineffective nonsense that actually made the lives of violent thugs easier and safer

    3) and for the low grade morons-they actually believe that such laws will trickle down and impede some criminals

    now those who merely support gun control --#3 is a lot more prevalent with a fair amount of sticking it to gun owners.



  2. #72
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    No, the reason we can't have sensible debate is because of posts like yours, that try to push off every law abiding gun owner and supporter of the 2nd amendment as an uneducated redneck. Get a clue.
    It's not rednecks I fear. It's paranoid people I fear. Now can we please stop the griping and use this thread to mourn yet another school shooting tragedy, no strings attached? Or is that too much to ask?
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  3. #73
    Student lka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Left Coast
    Last Seen
    11-27-14 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    264

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    It's not rednecks I fear. It's paranoid people I fear. Now can we please stop the griping and use this thread to mourn yet another school shooting tragedy, no strings attached? Or is that too much to ask?
    Whom are we mourning? I thought no one died? Well actually I figured because the news wasn't really covering it.

    i'm NOT a liberal!

  4. #74
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by lka View Post
    Whom are we mourning? I thought no one died? Well actually I figured because the news wasn't really covering it.
    Thankfully, as far as we know, nobody has died. May it remain that way. But this is going to have a lifelong effect on the students, teachers, and other people in that school. The mental damage done today may have been far greater than the emotional damage.

    BTW, thank you for actually asking a sensible question. Some people around here need to be less touchy and just stick to the issue at hand.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  5. #75
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    It's not rednecks I fear. It's paranoid people I fear.
    So you fear yourself… interesting.

    Now can we please stop the griping and use this thread to mourn yet another school shooting tragedy, no strings attached? Or is that too much to ask?
    You can't bitch about putting it back on track when you started off with your stupid degrading post.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  6. #76
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by lka View Post
    Whom are we mourning? I thought no one died? Well actually I figured because the news wasn't really covering it.
    I think the scumbag who assaulted two others died. All I can say is good riddance-its too bad he wasn't shot down before he could injure two innocents



  7. #77
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,703

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    It's not rednecks I fear. It's paranoid people I fear. Now can we please stop the griping and use this thread to mourn yet another school shooting tragedy, no strings attached? Or is that too much to ask?

    many of the gun haters are the most paranoid in this area



  8. #78
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Some people around here need to be less touchy and just stick to the issue at hand.
    Says the guy that brought us "OH MAH GAWD THE BIG-GUV'MINT LIBRULS ARE GUNNA TAKE AWAY MAH GUNZ! NEED MOAR GUNZ!" You are a joke.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #79
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,122

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    This one was really close to home; literally and figuratively. Arapahoe is our high school.

    My wife was driving within blocks of the school at 12:30ish MST (when this was unfolding). She witnessed at least a dozen sheriffs cars, unmarked police and fire/rescue vehicles all heading toward AHS at full speed with light ablazing. She called me to ask if I knew what was happening. I was listening to local radio... nothing. We were seeing this story before anyone else. Every cop in the county racing toward a high school on a school day? We both knew exactly what was happening (a sad commentary that we have come to accept these things in the normal course of business).

    Of course, while this was physically close, had we not made the decision to home school, my daughter would have been there today. The thought went quickly into my mind (again, we knew there was a shooting there before we heard any details, our minds went toward the mass carnage scenario that has played out far too often).... After I breathed a sigh of relief that my daughter was not there, my "thoughts and prayers.." went quickly to my neighbors and friends. Though I lived 20 miles from Columbine, I knew two families through 2nd degree of separation that lost sons and daughters there.... now I was probably facing knowing people first hand.

    I am so thankful that in the spectrum of school shootings this was rather benign. I had the misfortune here of knowing not enough, too early, too close that put me on a big emotional roller coaster today. I had a very small taste of what this might be like for a parent. Wow! For far too many parents, however, they actually have to experience the worry that their son or daughter was randomly murdered for doing nothing more than going to school. What an ugly thing to experience; and its experienced in far too many places far too often. I really wish people would wake up and take this issue more seriously. We all should be ashamed of what is happening here.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 12-13-13 at 10:08 PM.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,771

    Re: At Least 2 People injured in in School Shooting, Centennial, Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    This one was really close to home; literally and figuratively. Arapahoe is our high school.

    My wife was driving within blocks of the school at 12:30ish MST (when this was unfolding). She witnessed at least a dozen sheriffs cars, unmarked police and fire/rescue vehicles all heading toward AHS at full speed with light ablazing. She called me to ask if I knew what was happening. I was listening to local radio... nothing. We were seeing this story before anyone else. Every cop in the county racing toward a high school on a school day? We both knew exactly what was happening (a sad commentary that we have come to accept these things in the normal course of business).

    Of course, while this was physically close, had we not made the decision to home school, my daughter would have been there today. The thought went quickly into my mind (again, we knew there was a shooting there before we heard any details, our minds went toward the mass carnage scenario that has played out far too often).... After I breathed a sigh of relief that my daughter was not there, my "thoughts and prayers.." went quickly to my neighbors and friends. Though I lived 20 miles from Columbine, I knew two families through 2nd degree of separation that lost sons and daughters there.... now I was probably facing knowing people first hand.

    I am so thankful that in the spectrum of school shootings this was rather benign. I had the misfortune here of knowing not enough, too early, too close that put me on a big emotional roller coaster today. Wow! I wish people would take these things more seriously, but we are not going to....
    Wow. Glad you and your family are okay.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •