Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

  1. #41
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Sorry shrub, that has already been pointed out. Of course it was to be 50,000 years.
    He's referring to the volume of rock. That math would require that the depth of the Yellowstone magma extend through the earth out to, like, mars or something.
    Last edited by Deuce; 12-13-13 at 04:41 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #42
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,833

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Right you are Brother Pero on the 640,000 year number--which we are overdue on..These experts should check on why Lake Yellowstone is rising, due to a build-up at the bottom..If you have access to web-cams, Mount Washburn is pretty cool..nps.gov is awesome..And as I mentioned in the past, all the roads in Yellowstoned are newly constructed, making Yellowstone/Grand Titons the best we have .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Didn't you mean 50,000 years instead of 500,000? if the eruptions occur approximately every 700,000 years and they were at 2.1 million, 1.3 million and 640,000 years ago, it does seem we are close to being in the time frame of another.
    Physics is Phun

  3. #43
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,939
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Right you are Brother Pero on the 640,000 year number--which we are overdue on..These experts should check on why Lake Yellowstone is rising, due to a build-up at the bottom..If you have access to web-cams, Mount Washburn is pretty cool..nps.gov is awesome..And as I mentioned in the past, all the roads in Yellowstoned are newly constructed, making Yellowstone/Grand Titons the best we have .
    Howdy, I mentioned Lake Yellowstone in one of my post on this threat earlier.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #44
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    I saw a documentary years ago on the Yellowstone super magma volcano.

    Some say that it could reduce the population of the earth to somewhere around 5,000 people.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, that is one of several supervolcano calderas that exist in the world. Any one of them could be a major problem, not only for the regions they are located in, but for the world in general. Think nuclear winter here.
    The wonderful Bill Bryson wrote a book titled A Brief History of Nearly Everything in which this is a partial quote.

    Bill Bryson | Schreibe's Blog

  6. #46
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He's referring to the volume of rock. That math would require that the depth of the Yellowstone magma extend through the earth out to, like, mars or something.
    Oops, too funny. Thanks.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    I saw a documentary years ago on the Yellowstone super magma volcano.

    Some say that it could reduce the population of the earth to somewhere around 5,000 people.
    Not very good odds is that.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The wonderful Bill Bryson wrote a book titled A Brief History of Nearly Everything in which this is a partial quote.

    Bill Bryson | Schreibe's Blog
    Ah yes, he's a great author. A walk in the woods!

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ah yes, he's a great author. A walk in the woods!
    Have to mention this one. Laugh out loud funny and makes you want the next plane for Oz.In a Sunburned Country: Bill Bryson: 9780767903868: Amazon.com: Books

  10. #50
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,169

    Re: Beneath Yellowstone, a volcano that could wipe out the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Thanks Obummer!
    The magma chamber was smaller when Bush was President


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •