Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 237

Thread: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

  1. #11
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by fallujah_baby View Post
    Most were Christians for sure. Some were atheists though and those folks haven't had a memorial put up for them. America didn't take kindly to atheists back then. Those days are over.
    And?
    It should continue to stand, for what it represented then.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #12
    User fallujah_baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And?
    It should continue to stand, for what it represented then.
    One thing it represented was repression of atheist thought. It's also a huge violation of the separation of church and state. It's got to go. There is a Constitution you know.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by fallujah_baby View Post
    One thing it represented was repression of atheist thought.
    No it didn't.
    It was absent any such representation.

    Quote Originally Posted by fallujah_baby View Post
    It's also a huge violation of the separation of church and state. It's got to go. There is a Constitution you know.
    Actually it isn't. Not by the intent of the wording.
    So no, it doesn't need to go, but needs to stay.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #14
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,526

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    I'm an atheist and I have no beef with it being there. It should stay, it will keep Vampires away.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The vestiges of as once Great Nation are being dismantled one by one before our very eyes.
    Really? Of everything going on the world you see doom in the removal of a structure?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Really? Of everything going on the world you see doom in the removal of a structure?
    I see doom in the piecemeal dismantlement of this Great Nation and what it stood for.
    It is going to hell in a hand basket with all of the liberal influence.
    They could choose to ignore it yet don't.

    This downward spiral is not going to stop.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see doom in the piecemeal dismantlement of this Great Nation and what it stood for.
    It is going to hell in a hand basket with all of the liberal influence.
    They could choose to ignore it yet don't.

    This downward spiral is not going to stop.
    What exactly do you believe we once stood for that we no longer stand for, or are quickly coming to the point that we will no longer stand for it? If you say some kind of religion I'm going let out a very long sigh.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What exactly do you believe we once stood for that we no longer stand for, or are quickly coming to the point that we will no longer stand for it? If you say some kind of religion I'm going let out a very long sigh.
    As I am not a believe of religion that isn't to what I speak.


    I have stated my opinion. That will have to be sufficient as no amount of discourse will change what is happening, and therefore any discussion is rendered moot.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As I am not a believe of religion that isn't to what I speak.


    I have stated my opinion. That will have to be sufficient as no amount of discourse will change what is happening, and therefore any discussion is rendered moot.
    I'm just curious what you think we used to stand for and what you feel we don't stand for anymore, that seems like an important and fair question to ask someone complaining that we don't stand for what we used to anymore.

    What is it exactly?

  10. #20
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: U.S. judge orders landmark California cross taken down

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm just curious what you think we used to stand for and what you feel we don't stand for anymore, that seems like an important and fair question to ask someone complaining that we don't stand for what we used to anymore.

    What is it exactly?
    Wonder all you want. I gave you the only answer you are going to get.
    No amount of discourse will change what is happening, and therefore any discussion is rendered moot.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •