Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 288

Thread: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    The kid shouldn't have gotten 20 years, but 10-years probation is just too pathetic...

    Despite how misguided the kid is - his life shouldn't be ruined for a horrible and tragic mistake. The kid deserves 7-10 years without question, but you don't throw a 16-year-old away and throw away the key..... 7-10 years is a lot of time, especially when you're only 16.

    Also, you have to remember that this stupidity was nothing more than a defense crafted by a lawyer - who knows how this kid feels (he looks like a prick in the pictures I've seen tho) and I know the media likes to sensationalize things...

    Just remember that lawyers make their living lying, weather it's prosecution or defense and that the judge is a lawyer himself - and he was the one that sentenced the kid..

    This case is so screwed up - and this clearly shows that the lying lawyers cannot use common sense.

  2. #252
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I just think it needs to be consistent. Money shouldn't play a role, even though it so obviously did to anyone honest enough to admit it.

    It would be being dishonest to say such because it is obvious that it didn't.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I just think it needs to be consistent. Money shouldn't play a role, even though it so obviously did to anyone honest enough to admit it.
    It's the judicial system that tolerates such nonsense defenses...

    The judicial system is usually just flat out wrong.

    And people wonder why politicians are so damn off base and loony - it's because most are lawyers and have a completely different mindset than the majority of us.

    Lawyers lost their sense of humanity the second they understood law because having any sense of morals only interferes with their jobs, and their jobs is to defend or convict and they have absolutely no problem lying to do that or even doing it...

    Lawyers have such a scrambled philosophy...

    Think about it - how the hell could anyone try to get someone off that is obviously and admittedly guilty of killing someone off for it??

    It makes no sense as a person - yet these people do it and they're proud that they do it. It's disgusting.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    It's the judicial system that tolerates such nonsense defenses...

    The judicial system is usually just flat out wrong.

    And people wonder why politicians are so damn off base and loony - it's because most are lawyers and have a completely different mindset than the majority of us.

    Lawyers lost their sense of humanity the second they understood law because having any sense of morals only interferes with their jobs, and their jobs is to defend or convict and they have absolutely no problem lying to do that or even doing it...

    Lawyers have such a scrambled philosophy...

    Think about it - how the hell could anyone try to get someone off that is obviously and admittedly guilty of killing someone off for it??

    It makes no sense as a person - yet these people do it and they're proud that they do it. It's disgusting.
    Everyone deserves defense, even the guilty. On base lawyers aren't bad and are in fact necessary, but the level we've taken it has indeed scewed significantly the system in general. Justice is to be blind, not bribed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    No it wasn't.
    It was during sentencing. That is not defense.
    It wasn't even presented as mitigation.
    It was presented to suggest he needed rehabilitation instead of prison.
    That is not in defense of the act he committed.
    So stop with your absurdities.
    That is a defense.

    Yeah?

    The cops knocked my parents door down because they wanted my brother - tased my dad and charged him with disorderly conduct (among other things) and you know what? the prosecutor said: "find this man guilty or he will sue the taxpayer" - that was their defense for their criminal actions..

    Yes, the entire incident went viral on youtube/internet - you can watch it it's called tased execution style..

    I'd love to call these arguments excuses but in reality they're defenses - they're defending why they did what they did or attempting to justify it... I suppose in my dads case it was plain scare tactics ("find him guilty or he will sue us")..

    Of course what I'm saying will not be understood because few here have ever been put in a situation where it makes sense to you - that or believe what I'm saying only happens in isolated situations - when this crazy stuff happens everyday all day 24-7...

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Everyone deserves defense, even the guilty. On base lawyers aren't bad and are in fact necessary, but the level we've taken it has indeed scewed significantly the system in general. Justice is to be blind, not bribed.
    Really, so you would be content representing Dahmer (or insert any nut here:___________).

    It takes a lack of morals to be a lawyer weather you're defending a killer or prosecuting an innocent man "just to win."

    It seems the defendants/perps are nothing more than foodder for these lawyers egos and record, because it's not about the case or the defendant - it's about them winning and their record.

    Not all lawyers are bad, the innocence project does good work...

  7. #257
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Really, so you would be content representing Dahmer (or insert any nut here:___________).

    It takes a lack of morals to be a lawyer weather you're defending a killer or prosecuting an innocent man "just to win."

    It seems the defendants/perps are nothing more than foodder for these lawyers egos and record, because it's not about the case or the defendant - it's about them winning and their record.

    Not all lawyers are bad, the innocence project does good work...
    Everyone has the right to proper defense, even Dahmer.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Everyone has the right to proper defense, even Dahmer.
    I'm not arguing due process - I'm arguing lawyers morals and why they're generally flawed people...

    Trying to get a serial killer off is pretty immoral...

    I agree, those accused should have a defense, but trying to get wacko's free is just insane.

    I couldn't defend Dahmer, but plenty wanted to.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    and that the judge is a lawyer himself - and he was the one that sentenced the kid..
    She gave him a sentence that was already within her repertoire.

    In addition.
    [...]

    The law almost assumes they can be rehabilitated," said John Cruezot, a retired state district judge. "Not in every instance, but in most instances, I think it's appropriate for a judge to start at that standpoint."

    Cruezot said the criticism against Tarrant County Judge Jean Boyd over her sentencing of 16-year-old Couch is unfair.

    [...]

    But, Cruezot said the judge was following the law.

    [...]

    Sentence given to teen in deadly drunk driving crash spurs backlash | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth
    She was following the law.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    That is a defense.
    No Nick. That is not a defense.
    They were not defending his actions.
    Nor were they trying to mitigate what he had done.
    They are not making excuses for what he did or trying to justify why he did it.
    It is not a defense.
    It is an explanation to the court to suggest why treatment is a better option for him than prison.


    And as she is already on the record as being willing to sentence a non-affluent 14 year old who committed a more intentional and deliberate act to harm someone, to the same type of sentence, it more than suggests that this sentence was not influenced by such a presentation, by wealth or race.
    Last edited by Excon; 12-18-13 at 02:49 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    She gave him a sentence that was already within her repertoire.

    In addition.
    [...]

    The law almost assumes they can be rehabilitated," said John Cruezot, a retired state district judge. "Not in every instance, but in most instances, I think it's appropriate for a judge to start at that standpoint."

    Cruezot said the criticism against Tarrant County Judge Jean Boyd over her sentencing of 16-year-old Couch is unfair.

    [...]

    But, Cruezot said the judge was following the law.

    [...]

    Sentence given to teen in deadly drunk driving crash spurs backlash | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth
    She was following the law.


    No Nick. That is not a defense.
    They were not defending his actions.
    Nor were they trying to mitigate what he had done.
    They are not making excuses for what he did or trying to justify why he did it.
    It is not a defense.
    It is an explanation to the court to suggest why treatment is a better option for him than prison.


    And as she is already on the record as being willing to sentence a non-affluent 14 year old who committed a more intentional and deliberate act to harm someone, to the same type of sentence, it more than suggests that this sentence was not influenced by such a presentation, by wealth or race.
    Quit trying to jibe with your own logic.

    The judge got presented with a plea (whatever it was) and it was rejected and the 10-year probation sentence was handed down.

    That **** makes Rick James seem normal.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •