Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 288

Thread: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

  1. #211
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes MaggieD you did.
    I will accept the above explanation and withdraw my claim as to the first, but not the second.I do not know what you think that statement is, but it is one asserting a racial bias.
    Well, there is a racial bias in our justice system. The statistics on that are alarmingly clear.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #212
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes MaggieD you did.
    I will accept the above explanation and withdraw my claim as to the first, but not the second.
    I do not know what you think that statement is, but it is one asserting a racial bias.
    I disagree. That same judge gave a black kid a long prison sentence for playing the knockout game, in which his victim died. Yes, race is absolutely a factor.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #213
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Well, there is a racial bias in our justice system. The statistics on that are alarmingly clear.

    That has not been proven because they can not account for all factors.


    Nor is it relevant to this discussion.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #214
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I disagree. That same judge gave a black kid a long prison sentence for playing the knockout game, in which his victim died. Yes, race is absolutely a factor.

    The 14 year old committed an intentional act of violence.
    The 16 year old had an accident.
    Not really the same.


    But with that said.


    No race wasn't a factor.

    You disagree because you have not been paying attention.

    As previously brought forth -
    That 14 year old black kid would have been the recipient of the same type sentence as in this case, but there were no treatment facilities that would take him because of the violent aspect of his crime.
    Last edited by Excon; 12-15-13 at 09:39 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #215
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    The 14 year old committed an intentional act of violence.
    The 16 year old had an accident.
    Not really the same.


    But with that said.


    No race wasn't a factor.

    You disagree because you have not been paying attention.

    As previously brought forth -
    That 14 year old black kid would have been the recipient of the same type sentence as in this case, but there were no treatment facilities that would take him because of the violent aspect of his crime.
    When you drive drunk, the crimes you commit are also intentional, since it was your intention to get behind the wheel drunk.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #216
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I disagree. That same judge gave a black kid a long prison sentence for playing the knockout game, in which his victim died. Yes, race is absolutely a factor.
    So the cases were exactly the same, and only skin color was different?

  7. #217
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    When you drive drunk, the crimes you commit are also intentional, since it was your intention to get behind the wheel drunk.

    iLOL

    You are trying to muddy the waters.

    There is a difference between specific intent and general intent.

    There was no specific intent to cause harm to anyone. That is why it is an accident and the charges were manslaughter (a general intent crime) and not murder.
    Which, as already stated, is different than the 14 year old who had specific intent to harm to another.

    And even thought the crimes were different by intent, both wold have received the same sentence from the Judge had a facility been wiling to take the one who committed a specific intent act to harm.

    But way to ignore your failure to pay attention.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #218
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    do you think skin color really matters as much as money and influence? If this was Obama's kid he would likely receive the same treatment, and if it was some poor piece of backwoods trash they would face multiple years sentenced as an adult.
    Perhaps what you say is true. I regress on the skin color. The wealth to get off easy still stands.

  9. #219
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    The wealth to get off easy still stands.
    Yet apparently not in this case.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #220
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    When you drive drunk, the crimes you commit are also intentional, since it was your intention to get behind the wheel drunk.
    I find it disgusting that someone just calls this an "accident" that the drunken brat killed 4 innocent people. I don't think I could l live with myself if I had drunkedly killed four people.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •