Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 288

Thread: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

  1. #131
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, you cannot do that. A breathalyzer does not take it's sample from the mouth. The sample is a deep lung sample.
    Believe what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #132
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,741

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Believe what you want.
    Why do staunch conservatives refuse to admit it when they are wrong?

    HowStuffWorks "How Breathalyzers Work"

    As the blood goes through the lungs, some of the alcohol moves across the membranes of the lung's air sacs (alveoli) into the air, because alcohol will evaporate from a solution -- that is, it is volatile. The concentration of the alcohol in the alveolar air is related to the concentration of the alcohol in the blood. As the alcohol in the alveolar air is exhaled, it can be detected by the breath alcohol testing device. Instead of having to draw a driver's blood to test his alcohol level, an officer can test the driver's breath on the spot and instantly know if there is a reason to arrest the driver.

    Because the alcohol concentration in the breath is related to that in the blood, you can figure the BAC by measuring alcohol on the breath.

  3. #133
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Why do staunch conservatives refuse to admit it when they are wrong?

    HowStuffWorks "How Breathalyzers Work"
    Because I'm not wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #134
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,741

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because I'm not wrong.
    Technically you may not be. But, in reality you are wrong. Why? Because cops don't test anyone right after they rinse with mouthwash or take a drink.
    Here:
    Will Crest mouthwash make me fail a breathalyzer?
    Having been a police officer for eight years and administering hundreds of B.A.C. (Blood Alcohol Concentration) tests over the years, I can tell you it is POSSIBLE, but highly unlikely. When you use a mouthwash that contains alcohol, SOME of the alcohol will be absorbed by the skin cells inside your cheeks while you rinse. However, assuming you do not swallow the mouthwash, the amount will be very small, not even detectable in your breath. However, some of the alcohol will also "stick" to the inside of your mouth, and be detectable in your breath. The amount of time this is detectable is normally 7-8 minutes. This is known as "raw mouth alcohol". This is why police officers cannot do a breathalyzer test without waiting a required 15 minute wait period since a person's last drink. Of course, in practice, if a person is arrested on suspicion of DUI, the time period from when the person is pulled over and given the breath test is usually at least 30 minutes, and sometimes more, depending on the nature of the traffic stop, distance from the testing facility, etc..

  5. #135
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Technically you may not be. But, in reality you are wrong. Why? Because cops don't test anyone right after they rinse with mouthwash or take a drink.
    Here:
    Will Crest mouthwash make me fail a breathalyzer?
    See?...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #136
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,741

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    See?...........
    Why bring up something that won't happen?

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Technically you may not be. But, in reality you are wrong. Why? Because cops don't test anyone right after they rinse with mouthwash or take a drink.
    Actually, in reality, some pigs do.

  8. #138
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This just goes to show that, if you are white and rich, you get probation, even if you drive drunk and kill 4 people, while maiming 11 others for life. But if you are black and poor you go to prison, like this guy who was poor and black and had an IQ of 61..... Wait!! I take that back. He not only went to prison, he was executed.

    The worst part is that neither the father, nor his son, showed absolutely any remorse at all, which is why this guy should have gone to prison for a very, very long time. Instead, he will get to live his life richly, after serving a short term term at an upscale multi-millionaires only rehab center, paid for with the half a million bucks his father is giving them.

    Yes, folks. Money DOES buy justice these days. But, if there is justice in this world, his father will no longer be part of the 1%, since it was one of his company trucks his son was driving when he snuffed out all those lives. The 15 or more lawsuits that will undoubtedly be filed against him will take care of that. Sad to say, though, it won't bring back any of those people his son killed, or repair any of the damage to the 11 who survived but are now crippled for life. In the end, we can only hope that this family learns what it is like to be poor, after becoming poor themselves.

    Article is here.
    Its **** like this why I support mandatory minimums. I also have to wonder if the judge received any fat checks to buy such a bull**** defense.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #139
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Why bring up something that won't happen?
    Your own source says it can happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #140
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,524

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    On the bright side this thread has determined who should never be listened to about anything, ever, ever, ever, ever.

    Apdst, Excon, Muhammed, I'm looking at you.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •