Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 288

Thread: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

  1. #91
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    But if you are black and poor you go to prison
    No ****, genius. The same thing happens when you are white and poor

  2. #92
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,646

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    You have no proof of that. Your opinion in this case is totally based on unsupported assertions.

    In other words, there was no criminal intent at all.

    10 years of probation? That's just bull****. It's a very unreasonable intrusion by the govt. The criminal justice indutrial complex leeches just think daddy has a lot of money they can rip-off.
    Well, if you ever get busted for a DUI then feel free to use the "junk science" defense.

    As far as 10 years probation being "bull****"....well, the kid gets to sleep in his own bed, **** i his own toilet, eat at his own leisure, enjoy the companionship of friends and family as he sees fit.....yeah, it is bull**** because it's hardly any punishment at all after leaving a trail of death and disability behind him.

  3. #93
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    And I fully respect your disagreement.

    Sure, I can tell I've had something to drink after one drink but in my experience most people who blew below a .1 were very slightly impaired. Their reflexes were still usually pretty decent and, frankly, by the time we finished checking them they were plenty sober.

    As a rule of thumb an average sized male will burn off .05% blood alcohol every 45 min to 1 hour so if you have one beer an hour you should be fine under pretty much any circumstances. If you have 2 an hour you'll probably be borderline but if it takes me half an hour to test you you'll probably come in just under the .08 wire.

    Now I'm not about to speak for everyone and personally I'm a little bit beyond average size but 2 beers an hour for me...I'd know I wasn't drinking iced tea but driving really wouldn't be a problem.
    Age might have something to do with it. I am 63.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #94
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I think what people don't understand is that BAC is a percentage. A 0.8 on a person that weighs 240 pounds is not the same as a 0.8 on a person who weighs 150 pounds. However, these are the noticeable effects regardless of weight:

    Attachment 67158205

    Here is the risk of accident:



    You notice the same thing I do? Because I see that there is no way this 150 pound kid made a reasonable choice by getting behind the wheel and he should be held accountable for it.
    Very confused. You say that BAC is a percentage then say weight matters.
    It is my understanding that different amounts of alcohol are required to get to 0.08% for the 240lb guy versus 150lb guy but the the effect of 0.08% BAC is about the same for both of them?
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  5. #95
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf
    I GUARANTEE that someone who blows a .24 is noticeably impaired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    You have no proof of that. Your opinion in this case is totally based on unsupported assertions.
    Know the Facts Say When Better Health Channel

    Attachment 67158206

    Blood Alcohol

    Effects of drinking alcohol Estimated blood alcohol concentration (BAC) Observable effects

    0.02 - Relaxation, slight body warmth
    0.05 - Sedation, slowed reaction time
    0.10 - Slurred speech, poor coordination, slowed thinking
    0.20 - Trouble walking, double vision, nausea, vomiting
    0.30 - May pass out, tremors, memory loss, cool body temperature
    0.40 -Trouble breathing, coma, possible death
    0.50 and greater
    Blood Alcohol Level Facts | Barnard College

    BAL .20%: You feel confused, dazed, or otherwise disoriented. You need help to stand up or walk. If you hurt yourself at this point, you probably won't realize it because you won't feel pain. At this point you may experience nausea and/or start vomiting (keep in mind that for some people, a lower blood alcohol level than .20% may cause vomiting). Your gag reflex is impaired, so you could choke if you do throw up. Since blackouts are likely at this level, you may not remember any of this.

    BAL .25%: All mental, physical, and sensory functions are severely impaired. You're emotionally numb. There's an increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falling or other accidents.
    Alcohol and BAC Facts

    BAC EFFECTS ON FEELING AND BEHAVIOR

    .01 - .03 There is a mild lift in feeling. You have some loss of judgment. (1 drink within 15 minutes… BAC .03%)
    .04 - .06 Most People feel high and must decide whether to continue drinking. You may get louder and have some loss of small muscle control, like focusing your eyes. (2 drinks within hour… BAC .06%)
    .08 - .09 Your sight and hearing are worse. It’s harder to detect danger. You have less sense of balance. (3 drinks within 1 hour… BAC .09%)
    .10 - .12 Many people claim they’re not affected anymore, as if they could drink themselves sober. You are definitely not thinking straight. (4 drinks within 2 hours… BAC .12%)
    .13 - .15 You have far less muscle control than normal. People feel happy even though they’re stumbling and acting foolishly. Risk of an automobile crash increases to 25 times the normal rate (5-7 drinks within 3 hours… BAC .15%)
    .20 - .25 You’re confused. You usually need help doing things, even standing up. Those who drive are 50 to 100 times more likely to crash. The average alcohol-related highway death occurs at this level. (8-12 drinks within 4 hours… BAC .20%
    .30 Almost nothing gets through the senses. An extremely life threatening BAC level.
    .40 Your condition ranges from conscious to comatose. There is a chance of death from a ‘shut down’ of breathing.
    He does now.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #96
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that race played a role here but I'd definitely say political influence did. If this kid were some white trash trailer park dweller, this judge wouldn't have thought twice about sending him to the slammer for a few years.
    No ****, this case screams of wealth and political influence(the treatment center he's going to charges 450K). Why anyone would toss race in there is beyond me.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by RogueWarrior View Post
    Very confused. You say that BAC is a percentage then say weight matters. It is my understanding that different amounts of alcohol are required to get to 0.08% for the 240lb guy versus 150lb guy but the the effect of 0.08% BAC is about the same for both of them?
    Pretty much. Which is what people do not understand understand about the BAC. I can drink the same amount of alcohol as someone else. However, they may reach a 0.08% BAC faster if they are 50 pounds under me. However, once him and I both reach the same BAC levels, we'll exhibit some of the same issues.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #98
    Guru
    RogueWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Atheist Utopia aka Reality
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No ****, this case screams of wealth and political influence(the treatment center he's going to charges 450K). Why anyone would toss race in there is beyond me.
    I guess we need a case of a black rich kid doing something similar to compare.
    Everyone is born a homo sapiens sapiens but not everyone is a human. -RW
    Trumplethinskin! 4 handicap and getting better every weekend!
    Alex Jones for Press Secretary!!!!!!


  9. #99
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash


  10. #100
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Teen Sentenced To Probation For Deadly DWI Crash

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No ****, this case screams of wealth and political influence(the treatment center he's going to charges 450K). Why anyone would toss race in there is beyond me.
    I think it drives home the fact that this kid got off with a slap on the wrist for what I personally consider a heinous crime. However, there is really no need for it. The fact he got off with such a light sentence in Texas is enough to get people angry. Remember, this is the state that executes retards. This is the state that makes sure people can shoot you dead if you punch them hard enough. This is the state who's justice system has been called every kind of -ist in the book (racist, fascist, etc).

    I do find of importance that if this were a Democrat's kid, a certain member in this thread would be the first to call up the lynching cavalry and then he'd call anyone who suggested he was wrong as a criminal loving libbo.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-13-13 at 03:05 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •