Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 99

Thread: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

  1. #41
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    The former wrestler says he was "handcuffed, humiliated and embarrassed in front of everybody at Wal-Mart," but the deputies quickly released him.
    He probably scared the employee just by giving him a mean look.

  2. #42
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post

    It's amazing to me how liberals want to ruin a good thing helping poor people in the community by providing goods at really low prices. It's almost like they don't really care about poor people and have no real experience with them.
    The poor only deserve help if they unionize. Then they're golden.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #43
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,972

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    From your link:

    So apparently even the police approved reporting shows that it all started with Walmart not honoring it admatching commitment.
    Uh huh. No matter who's at fault, being loud and using swearing or threatening language always has the same ending. It's the okami code for getting forcibly expelled.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 12-13-13 at 05:13 PM.

  4. #44
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,541
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Please give me any report that shows it started with anything else.
    Some people won't accept anything that lets Walmart off the hook. But Walmart is off the hook.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    07-11-14 @ 06:21 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    According to the Wal-Mart statement,...
    That's part of my problem with it - I don't think I have anymore room for Walmart "statements." I've given Walmart the benefit of the doubt on many issues over the years and they keep letting me down with their corporate behavior towards customers and employees. They don't seem to care about either one of them.

    So, when they give a "statement," I just roll my eyes and wonder how I can trust it.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Well, some of those Wal Mart customers are pretty scary looking, especially the big fat women in short shorts. I don't blame the manager.

    Lots of people ad match at Wal Mart, so I doubt that's the reason for the ban.

    It's amazing to me how liberals want to ruin a good thing helping poor people in the community by providing goods at really low prices. It's almost like they don't really care about poor people and have no real experience with them.
    The problem with Wal-Mart is not that it has low prices, it's that it has "low prices" at the cost of low wages, dumping people on the federal government, destruction of local businesses, destruction of community shopping. That's not the kind of capitalism we want to encourage. In short, Wal-Mart embodies what happens when the government gets in bed with businesses. They get to destroy the environment, set up slave shops in China, pay their workers a pittance all because they have the backing of federal governments around the world.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-13-13 at 07:14 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #47
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The problem with Wal-Mart is not that it has low prices, it's that it has "low prices" at the cost of low wages, dumping people on the federal government, destruction of local businesses, destruction of community shopping. That's not the kind of capitalism we want to encourage.
    Are you willing to impose sufficient duties and/or reduce regulations/taxes to allow for US products to become competitive?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Are you willing to impose sufficient duties and/or reduce regulations/taxes to allow for US products to become competitive?
    ... Walmart sells both US made products & foreign products. So I'm not seeing your point. The impact they have on communities is the problem. Not the competitiveness of US products.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #49
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,482

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Why would anyone make a hobby out of inconveniencing themselves? If you find the product cheaper somewhere else, buy it there.

  10. #50
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ... Walmart sells both US made products & foreign products. So I'm not seeing your point. The impact they have on communities is the problem. Not the competitiveness of US products.
    It doesn't surprise me that you cannot understand the association. If there were no demand for cheap prices, the Wal-marts of the world world not exist. It is the consumer that allows Wal-mart to thrive...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •