Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 99

Thread: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    i doubt they banned him for coupons. he probably got all ****ty and tough with the associate, as is usually the case.

    that being said, **** that place anyway.

  2. #12
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,827

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    i doubt they banned him for coupons. he probably got all ****ty and tough with the associate, as is usually the case.

    that being said, **** that place anyway.
    Yup - 'Roid Rage.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #13
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:35 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    According to the Wal-Mart statement, the guy threatened the Wal-Mart staffer. He was not banned for add matching, but for the threat. Funny how there is almost always more to the story...
    That was my first thought too.

  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Yup - 'Roid Rage.
    I rage too when my hemeroids are acting up...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,016

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    According to the Wal-Mart statement, the guy threatened the Wal-Mart staffer. He was not banned for add matching, but for the threat. Funny how there is almost always more to the story...
    That doesn't ring true for me here. The easiest way to get anybody kicked out of your store is to claim they were misbehaving in some way, and I think if the customer had been an abusive asshole the police would have picked up on that right away instead of letting him go pretty much right away. Keep in mind, as just an example, that people are also banned from restaurants for taking advantage of their all-you-can-eat offers.

  6. #16
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    How would Wal-mart the franchise even enforce such a ban? It doesn't sound like this is his local wal-mart. What is to stop him from going into a different wal-mart and just paying with cash?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Save money. Rage more. Walmart.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,449

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    That doesn't ring true for me here. The easiest way to get anybody kicked out of your store is to claim they were misbehaving in some way, and I think if the customer had been an abusive asshole the police would have picked up on that right away instead of letting him go pretty much right away. Keep in mind, as just an example, that people are also banned from restaurants for taking advantage of their all-you-can-eat offers.
    The officers said he was not a threat at the time they were there, but he still has charges pending against him.

    If there had been no indication of a threat, there would be no charges, but we will have to wait for the court case to see what really happened.

    I am sure there is some video somewhere of this either from the store or another shopper.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    I'm with Mason on this one. Nothing happens at Walmart that isn't recorded on a camera, except a pee break I think, hope or whatever. But I'd want to see the tape and decide for myself if the customer was aggressive and threatening. Also, the associate was wrong about his own stores policy which would have made the whole thing a moot point. Walmart owes the customer an apology for preventing him from shopping in a manner that is welcomed in the store policy.

  10. #20
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,016

    Re: Wal-Mart Bans Customer for LIFE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The officers said he was not a threat at the time they were there, but he still has charges pending against him.

    If there had been no indication of a threat, there would be no charges, but we will have to wait for the court case to see what really happened.

    I am sure there is some video somewhere of this either from the store or another shopper.
    It's just my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions), but I'm going to guess that any Wal-Mart footage is "unavailable."

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •