Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

  1. #61
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,124
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    At least most conservatives aspire to higher morals and values, even if they sometimes fail. Many liberals don't even put up the pretense.
    Except they don't aspire to higher morals or values. They're just preachy and arrogant. Just because someone doesn't brag about their charity work doesn't mean they don't donate their time at soup kitchens. Likewise just because someone doesn't boast about their perceived morality doesn't mean they aren't upstanding citizens.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Will the liberals come to Ryan Loskarn's defense ?

    Hello APACHERAT.

    Is that /sarcasm I hear?

  3. #63
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,917

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    At least most conservatives aspire to higher morals and values, even if they sometimes fail. Many liberals don't even put up the pretense.
    Well, this isn't surprising at all.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Southwest AZ
    Last Seen
    08-12-17 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Senate aide suspected of distributing child pornography - latimes.com



    Oh my those family values Republicans are at it again. /sarcasm
    Hmmm a broad brush you paint with. ".. Let he who is without sin...." It doesn't matter what party he is affiliated with.. he's a scumbag. But like most latched onto politicians (regardless of party) he either will do no time, or time in some minimum security tennis resort. If he was in a general population, he would have no problem finding a date,... and rightly so.

  5. #65
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,691

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Which makes utterly no sense in the context of this thread. Rational thought seems to go out the window when politics is involved, sadly.
    This story would not even be news if not for the politics involved.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #66
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Oh come on, don't ruin my schadenfreude. You know they went after Weiner like wolves, and definitely tried to paint the whole party all the way back to Clinton, probably even Kennedy. It's ridiculous for us to try to be PC with folks such as they, imo.
    When Weiner gets caught, lies about it blaming a hacker, gets caught in the lie then fesses up, gets booted out and then goes and does it AGAIN not even a year later... I mean Democrats went after him like wolves and rightly so. This guy Loskarn, if he did what he did, he should be convicted and locked up with bubba the tossed salad man in jail - period. Degenerates like him do not belong in any position of power or where he has the ear of governmental power. There's no defending this in any conceivable fashion and while I know you'd love to paint everyone on the right with that same brush, that would be a lie just like it would be if any from the right painted all Democrats with Weiners moronic escapades.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #67
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Regardless of party, that is a pretty messed up thing to do. If convicted jail will not be kind to him.
    The sad part, is that this dude isn't going to jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #68
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    But often times it's an extremely hypocritical and wrong stand to take given facts.

    Many conservatives stance on Homosexuality is an example of this.

    But this particular story has nothing to do with moral grandstanding.



    In this case it has nothing to do with politics or political parties or of failing for that matter.

    It's about an individual doing something incredibly egregious and who will likely face very serious consequences (and rightly so).



    This is a situation in which only the hardest of the hardcore partisans will try to turn it into some political hay.

    I think 99% of us, whether we be liberals, conservatives, libertarians, humanists (like myself) believe this mans actions are utterly wrong and contemptible and he should face maximum punishment.
    I agree with much of what you say here. Let me ask you a question, since I believe you've brought up homosexuality a couple of times in this thread and in my view pedophilia and homosexuality aren't remotely connected except as it relates to innate brain function and I believe studies prove that pedophilia is far more a heterosexual "affliction" than a homosexual one.

    Many people, myself among them, believe that homosexuality is innate and not a learned desire - I presume you agree. Many people also believe that pedophilia is innate and not a learned desire - perhaps you agree, maybe not. If we are to accept that people don't environmentally develop a desire to become homosexual do we also accept that people don't environmentally develop a desire to become pedophiliacs?

    I ask this question because it seems to me that those who find homosexuality aberrant and abhorrent come from a similar place as those who find pedophilia aberrant and abhorrent. If one is to take homosexuality as a given in some people, something that cannot be acquired and/or changed, should not one also take pedophilia in some people as a given, something that cannot be acquired and/or changed?

    I'm not offering up this question/discussion because I believe there should be equal rights for pedophiliacs or that I'm equating the effects of homosexuality and pedophilia but as a way of saying that your suggestion that this man's "actions are utterly wrong and contemptible and he should face maximum punishment" is similar to the outlook of many in society a few short decades or a century ago with respect to homosexuals.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Senate aide suspected of distributing child pornography - latimes.com

    Oh my those family values Republicans are at it again. /sarcasm
    If the aide himself was a "Family values" republican and put forward that notion in order to get his job, then that line of attack against HIM would be reasonable because he specificlaly presented himself as one thing and showed himself to be something else. However, there's no evidence of that. And attacking the party as a whole for the actions of an aid is ridiculous.

    Glad the authorities caught him and if he's guilty I wish him an appropriate prison sentence for such a crime and all that goes with it.

  10. #70
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Senate Aide (R) Suspected of Distributing...

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Except they don't aspire to higher morals or values. They're just preachy and arrogant. Just because someone doesn't brag about their charity work doesn't mean they don't donate their time at soup kitchens. Likewise just because someone doesn't boast about their perceived morality doesn't mean they aren't upstanding citizens.
    If you think all conservatives are preachy and arrogant, you haven't a clue about what most conservatives are about.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •