Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 161

Thread: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

  1. #121
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, I'm actually the one being honest here, or are you going to pretend that the Pope's statements were NOT a direct reference to a economic model used all over the world ?

    The Pope's not a economist and should probably keep his mouth shut or then take the risk of sounding ignorant and foolish.

    Your use of the generic is arguably one of the most dishonest tactics I've seen used in this thread.
    He referenced an economic model. That doesn't mean your representation of his opinion is accurate.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    That cartoon is a little dated, that portion of the pie for the American Middle Class has shrunk quite a bit under a Liberal President.
    Yes, and it is continuing to shrink, as is the middle class.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #123
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    And that is why true Christians give to charities and use their money for the good. It does not however mean the state should confiscate your wealth and even things out as so many libs try to say.
    Anyone who uses the term "libs" is usually wrong about pretty much everything.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #124
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Simple really, two words. "Unfettered capitalism". Where exactly does that exist? It does not exist so WTF was he talking about?
    Pope Francis didn't use the phrase "unfettered capitalism."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,248

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Yes, and it is
    continuing to shrink, as is the middle class.
    We Conservatives DID try to warn you people.

    But Noooooo....you elected a Jr Senator with a paper thin resume, who after the Sub-Prime Collpase chose to focus on passing a healthcare law that targeted the middle class.

    Honestly, ObamaCare doesn't effect the poor or the rich.....so who pays for it ??

    The middle class NOW has to contend with mandated higher cost on premiums for sub-standard policies.

    Yes, we DID try to warn you and now that slice is going to get even smaller.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,248

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He referenced an economic model. That
    doesn't mean your representation of his opinion is accurate.
    What does he know ? He's obvioulsy ignorant. Probably thinks that European Austerity is the fault of Capitalism, but again he would be wrong.

    You see, he's JUST A MAN, who's entitled to his own opinions, no matter how wrong they are.

    That hat doesn't instill instant God given knowledge of all things.

  7. #127
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    That cartoon is a little dated, that portion of the pie for the American Middle Class has shrunk quite a bit under a Liberal President.
    Maybe the President's not as "liberal" as you continuously screech that he is, then.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #128
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    No, I'm actually the one being honest here, or are you going to pretend that the Pope's statements were NOT a direct reference to a economic model used all over the world ?

    The Pope's not a economist and should probably keep his mouth shut or then take the risk of sounding ignorant and foolish.

    Your use of the generic is arguably one of the most dishonest tactics I've seen used in this thread.
    You are the one being EXTREMELY dishonest. The pope never advocated any of the things you're claiming he did. Because you're a liar, and that's what liars do. They lie.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,248

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You are
    the one being EXTREMELY dishonest. The pope never advocated any of the things you're claiming he did. Because you're a liar, and that's what liars do. They lie.
    You feel better after your hissy fit little boy ??

    Because what he advocated has resonated with the idiots of this world.

    The "lack of oppurtunity " that our free markets are to blame for, and the disparate distinction in wealth from rich to poor sounded like it was right out of " Dreams of my Father".

    When it comes down to it, the lefts position on wealth disparity has always included a mandated redistrubition in a vacuum by a Large Central Government based on that Governments arbitrary definitions of who was deserving and who was " rich".

    And his attack on a economic model thats responsible for pulling more people out of abject poverty than any other economic model is indicative of a Pope who's been poisoned by a bunch of socialist rhetoric.

    He is just a man BTW.

    I guess if I was a Cotholic I might be a bit embarrassed, but I'm not so there.

  10. #130
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year......

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    You feel better after your hissy fit little boy ??

    Because what he advocated has resonated with the idiots of this world.

    The "lack of oppurtunity " that our free markets are to blame for, and the disparate distinction in wealth from rich to poor sounded like it was right out of " Dreams of my Father".

    When it comes down to it, the lefts position on wealth disparity has always included a mandated redistrubition in a vacuum by a Large Central Government based on that Governments arbitrary definitions of who was deserving and who was " rich".

    And his attack on a economic model thats responsible for pulling more people out of abject poverty than any other economic model is indicative of a Pope who's been poisoned by a bunch of socialist rhetoric.

    He is just a man BTW.

    I guess if I was a Cotholic I might be a bit embarrassed, but I'm not so there.
    Did you actually read what the pope said? He was specifically attacking "trickle-down economics."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •