Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 766

Thread: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

  1. #661
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    There's at least 2 meanings to the word. I prefer mine.

    Why don't you believe in the sovereignty of the United States?
    Instead of going with the intended word/ideology-you choose what you "prefer".
    You guys do this to yourselves, this exchange could be an orwell passage.

  2. #662
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=defi...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

    Or you can type in "define statism" in google-first thing that pops up is this, are you disputing it?

    More....all the top results.



    Statism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Definition of STATISM

    : concentration of economic controls and planning in the hands of a highly centralized government often extending to government ownership of industry

    Statism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    In political science, statism (French: étatisme) is the belief that the state should control either economic or social policy, or both, to some degree.[1][2][3][4] Statism is effectively the opposite of anarchism

    statism - definition of statism by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
    stat·ism (sttzm)
    n.
    The practice or doctrine of giving a centralized government control over economic planning and policy.


    And just for you...

    Amazing how much more there is to statism than you tried to present. It is particularly telling that you cut off the wiki definition right before it mentioned minarchism, which is by definition statism and disproves your premise.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #663
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Amazing how much more there is to statism than you tried to present. It is particularly telling that you cut off the wiki definition right before it mentioned minarchism, which is by definition statism and disproves your premise.
    Once again, all possible definitions of statism isnt the point-the point was the concept I intended to discuss(despite your attempt to obfuscate).

    So instead of picking the intended definition even after clarification you decide you are going to go with your "preferred" definition.
    There is some psychopathy being displayed here. You can't even debate in a direct matter-you prefer to hide behind words.

  4. #664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Amazing how much more there is to statism than you tried to present. It is particularly telling that you cut off the wiki definition right before it mentioned minarchism, which is by definition statism and disproves your premise.
    I just posted 4 different sources for the SAME definition I intended to discuss. Continue to dance, it can only make your point.

  5. #665
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I just posted 4 different sources for the SAME definition I intended to discuss. Continue to dance, it can only make your point.
    I think you might want to look up the definition of the word "same" too, since somewhat different, which is what the definitions are, is not the same thing as "the SAME".

    Any discussion of statism and what it is must include things like minarchism. You don't just get to ignore things inconvenient to your claims.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think you might want to look up the definition of the word "same" too, since somewhat different, which is what the definitions are, is not the same thing as "the SAME".

    Any discussion of statism and what it is must include things like minarchism. You don't just get to ignore things inconvenient to your claims.
    Ah, so now you are the dictionary dictator. I like it.

  7. #667
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Ah, so now you are the dictionary dictator. I like it.
    I just did a better job of it than you. Sucks when some one beats you at your own game doesn't it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I just did a better job of it than you. Sucks when some one beats you at your own game doesn't it.
    Even your definition of "beats you" is wrong.

  9. #669
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Even your definition of "beats you" is wrong.
    No, I identified what you where trying to do and stopped it. Since you cannot argue issues, what you do is try and assign a label to people, then argue against an extreme position of that label. It would be the equivalent of me saying that since you are against abortion rights(assuming you are, this is just an example), then therefor you are "pro-life". Some pro-life people bomb abortion clinics. Therefore you are a terrorist. It is a stupid argument. Your premise fails further since a statist is simply one who believes in some level of central state control. This includes liberals, conservatives and most libertarians, not to mention greens, socialists and virtually every other group. More than likely, you are a statist.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #670
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,589

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Stop hiding-leftists generally advocate an increase in state power, and believe not in the supremacy of the individual but the state.
    and the right wing wants government to dictate morals as well. Only the libertarians are truly pro liberty and individual choice.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •