Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 766

Thread: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

  1. #601
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I would truly hope not, BAC.

    The photo you're using as your avatar appears to show a woman in military dress. US Army, if I don't miss my guess. I would like to believe the average US Soldier is intelligent enough and has sufficient situational awareness to understand how poor a choice opening up relations with any foreign government is, nevermind one that is communist in nature.
    'Communist in nature' lol

    This is where America is kinda funny. In the 1950s and 1960s pretty much every western country had the same feeling of communist countries. They are bad, we are good. In the 1970s and 1980s western countries got to know the communist block countries. The fear subsided. The disagreements about how a country should be run continued though. Now every western country regurlary visits communist countries, the U.S. included. One exception is Cuba. The most insignificant, miniscule communist country there is. America still hates Cuba. Why? Because when Cuba went communist they kicked out all of the American companies. They cost American companies lots of money. They made a great vacation spot, Havana, off limits.

    The American rich felt the pain. The American rich control their government. The American rich wanted pay back. They got it.

    Now, 55 years later, perhaps it is time for Americans to open up relations with Cuba, to trade with Cuba. I don't think Cuba poses a big threat. I am convinced that most Americans can resist the political culture of Cuba, and not be drawn in.

    I am sure that if America befriends Cuba that in 50 years the USA will still not be communist. Plus they will be able to smoke better cigars

    All western countries have relaxed their stance against communist countries. In most western countries the term communist is not bad, it is just a description of a political philosophy. Now, in the 21st century, it is time for America to catch up. Stop using the term commy to demean. Base your international relationships on something relevent. Be consistent. Don't decide China is good, because you would be screwed without them, but Cuba is bad because they are screwed without you.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  2. #602
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    So let me get this straight -- you are claiming that over half of the American electorate are communists, be they admitted or "in denial."



    ...
    No, half of Obama's base are knowingly communist/socialist sympathizers and the other half ARE socialists but they're just too stupid to know it because they're not educated enough to put their politics into context, social or economic...

    This can easily be proved.

  3. #603
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    'Communist in nature' lol

    This is where America is kinda funny. In the 1950s and 1960s pretty much every western country had the same feeling of communist countries. They are bad, we are good. In the 1970s and 1980s western countries got to know the communist block countries. The fear subsided. The disagreements about how a country should be run continued though. Now every western country regurlary visits communist countries, the U.S. included. One exception is Cuba. The most insignificant, miniscule communist country there is. America still hates Cuba. Why? Because when Cuba went communist they kicked out all of the American companies. They cost American companies lots of money. They made a great vacation spot, Havana, off limits.

    The American rich felt the pain. The American rich control their government. The American rich wanted pay back. They got it.

    Now, 55 years later, perhaps it is time for Americans to open up relations with Cuba, to trade with Cuba. I don't think Cuba poses a big threat. I am convinced that most Americans can resist the political culture of Cuba, and not be drawn in.

    I am sure that if America befriends Cuba that in 50 years the USA will still not be communist. Plus they will be able to smoke better cigars

    All western countries have relaxed their stance against communist countries. In most western countries the term communist is not bad, it is just a description of a political philosophy. Now, in the 21st century, it is time for America to catch up. Stop using the term commy to demean. Base your international relationships on something relevent. Be consistent. Don't decide China is good, because you would be screwed without them, but Cuba is bad because they are screwed without you.
    Pray tell, what benevolent nation are you from, where the wealthy have no power?

  4. #604
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Pray tell, what benevolent nation are you from, where the wealthy have no power?
    lol

    Is there such a nation?

    I am not saying it was a bad thing, an unexpected thing nor an unusual thing for the US wealthy to use their government to strike back at Cuba. I am only saying it must be time for some kind of advancement in relations.

    The U.S.A. is one country where, although there is supposed to be total freedom, I would be worried about running for dog catcher under the American Communist party banner. My dogs might get bombed
    Last edited by rjay; 12-14-13 at 12:58 AM.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

  5. #605
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    384

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, half of Obama's base are knowingly communist/socialist sympathizers and the other half ARE socialists but they're just too stupid to know it because they're not educated enough to put their politics into context, social or economic...

    This can easily be proved.
    And you've just been taking your tweet time getting on to the proof part, right?

  6. #606
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,900

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, half of Obama's base are knowingly communist/socialist sympathizers and the other half ARE socialists but they're just too stupid to know it because they're not educated enough to put their politics into context, social or economic...

    This can easily be proved.
    No, it can't.

    FYI, "socialism" does not mean "things Mr. Nick doesn't like."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #607
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    lol

    Is there such a nation?

    I am not saying it was a bad thing, an unexpected thing nor an unusual thing for the US wealthy to use their government to strike back at Cuba. I am only saying it must be time for some kind of advancement in relations.

    The U.S.A. is one country where, although there is supposed to be total freedom, I would be worried about running for dog catcher under the American Communist party banner. My dogs might get bombed
    Its always on the US to "advance" relations, isnt it? The time of the totalitarian communist dictator has gone, let them advance.

    The irony is that for all of the neo-marxist hate of the US and capitalism-there is no delivery vehicle from poverty than capitalism. How do you like them apples?

  8. #608
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by rjay View Post
    'Communist in nature' lol

    This is where America is kinda funny. In the 1950s and 1960s pretty much every western country had the same feeling of communist countries. They are bad, we are good. In the 1970s and 1980s western countries got to know the communist block countries. The fear subsided. The disagreements about how a country should be run continued though. Now every western country regurlary visits communist countries, the U.S. included. One exception is Cuba. The most insignificant, miniscule communist country there is. America still hates Cuba. Why? Because when Cuba went communist they kicked out all of the American companies. They cost American companies lots of money. They made a great vacation spot, Havana, off limits.

    The American rich felt the pain. The American rich control their government. The American rich wanted pay back. They got it.

    Now, 55 years later, perhaps it is time for Americans to open up relations with Cuba, to trade with Cuba. I don't think Cuba poses a big threat. I am convinced that most Americans can resist the political culture of Cuba, and not be drawn in.

    I am sure that if America befriends Cuba that in 50 years the USA will still not be communist. Plus they will be able to smoke better cigars

    All western countries have relaxed their stance against communist countries. In most western countries the term communist is not bad, it is just a description of a political philosophy. Now, in the 21st century, it is time for America to catch up. Stop using the term commy to demean. Base your international relationships on something relevent. Be consistent. Don't decide China is good, because you would be screwed without them, but Cuba is bad because they are screwed without you.
    Or those who were sympathetic to communism in the 60's and 70's now run our government and our education institutions? ever think about that?

    Higher learning is already infested with outspoken socialists - radical communists - that freely brainwash youth....

    You really think in this day in age the communists that exist in the US have any desire to fight their war with guns and coups? hell no - they damn well know the way you employ communism is through "progress" and the only way to achieve that is via government and education institutions..... They don't have the cannon fodder for a revolution, however they do have the time to brainwash kids with their politics.......

    I could write a book on this ****....

    Marx to Lennin to Stalin to Mao to Ho Chi Minh to the SDS to the Weather Underground to professors to government...... That's ****ing "progress" to the communist.

  9. #609
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No, it can't.

    FYI, "socialism" does not mean "things Mr. Nick doesn't like."
    What can't?

    No socialism means socialism - kinda like the overall goal of unions is socialism and democrats er "progressives" love them some unions.

    Funny how you're defending socialism now....

    "socialism" does not mean "things Mr. Nick doesn't like."

    ^ do you have any idea how many times I have heard that verbatim???

    You must have gotten that out of the "progressive handbook" that progressives love to hand out...

    Funny how you need someone to tell you what to say to defend the progressive party while you sit here and claim these clowns aren't communist....

  10. #610
    Educator
    rjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,139

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its always on the US to "advance" relations, isnt it? The time of the totalitarian communist dictator has gone, let them advance.

    The irony is that for all of the neo-marxist hate of the US and capitalism-there is no delivery vehicle from poverty than capitalism. How do you like them apples?
    I have no argument with anything you have said. I am not defending communism I am just saying that it is not the big scary boogie man. We know it well enough now that we do not need to fear it. My favourite quote about communism is that for it to work, all people must be perfect. I have already ruled myself out.

    I don't understand why the U.S. can deal with China and Russia but cannot tolerate a handshake with a Cuban. It seems strange to me.
    Time flies like an arrow; fruitflies like a banana. - Groucho

Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •