Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 766

Thread: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

  1. #591
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,008

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Ralph Nader had some good ideas, such as publicizing and making the public more aware of car safety, Elizabeth Warren is a fool, and I'm not that familiar with the other two. Perhaps they are the "hard leftists" who have inspired you.
    Read "A People's History of the United States" and you'll find out who Howard Zinn is.

    Bernie Sanders is a U.S. senator from Vermont. He belongs to neither party. He is an independent that is a self proclaimed Democratic Socialist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #592
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    First of all what is this "gesture of hope" BS? I didn't know whether to put this in media bias or here. I have no problem with him giving the guy a formal handshake in a situation like this but he seems like he is really infatuated with the guy and it looks to me like he is bowing again. Why is he so warm and subservient to this commie thug.



    Attachment 67157963


    Yahoo!
    Who cares?

    I think Obama's ideal utopia is socialism and authoritarian government with himself being the dictator, however say I'm wrong for sake of argument - in the end we all have to shake hands with people we don't like, and the same rules apply to world leaders..

    I think the press (as usual) are spinning a meaningless (or IMO, meaningful) gesture into something that's NOT (but actually is)...

  3. #593
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Who cares?

    I think Obama's ideal utopia is socialism and authoritarian government with himself being the dictator, however say I'm wrong for sake of argument - in the end we all have to shake hands with people we don't like, and the same rules apply to world leaders..

    I think the press (as usual) are spinning a meaningless (or IMO, meaningful) gesture into something that's NOT (but actually is)...
    I think your right about Obama. But it was Bush's ambition as well, he even publicly stated so on a few occasions.

  4. #594
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I think your right about Obama. But it was Bush's ambition as well, he even publicly stated so on a few occasions.
    I'm one of the most vocal anti-authoritarian, anti-socialism, anti-communist - capitalism loving posters on this board and I would shake Castro's hand if It was a formal occasion. I'd also make it damn well clear to him this is only for the cameras....

    IMO, I think Obama likes Castro, agrees with his ideology but knows it's too soon for the socialists like himself to come out of the closet.

    Also, you have to understand that if Obama didn't shake Castros hand he would piss off half (probably more than half) of his voting base - so he made the political decision to do it. I think that was also a factor...

  5. #595
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    I certainly didn't have a problem with the handshake. But that's more so because I have believed for sometime that we should normalize relations with Cuba. Not because I like Obama. I doubt his base cared much one way or the other if he shook Raul's hand.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 12-13-13 at 11:59 PM.

  6. #596
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I'm one of the most vocal anti-authoritarian, anti-socialism, anti-communist - capitalism loving posters on this board and I would shake Castro's hand if It was a formal occasion. I'd also make it damn well clear to him this is only for the cameras....

    IMO, I think Obama likes Castro, agrees with his ideology but knows it's too soon for the socialists like himself to come out of the closet.

    Also, you have to understand that if Obama didn't shake Castros hand he would piss off half (probably more than half) of his voting base - so he made the political decision to do it. I think that was also a factor...


    That's absurd.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #597
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post


    That's absurd.
    Like socialists don't exist in the United States or bat**** crazy Communists?

    Who the **** they voted for? Romney?

    Is it as absurd as a socialist elected as a state representative in Washington State?

    You saying it's absurd just to hide the truth doesn't fool anyone who follows current events and knows the difference between an apple and an orange.

    The only difference between a progressive and a socialist/communist is that a progressive is in denial - in their mind "socialism/communism" is a "bad word(s)" and "progressive" sounds a lot better...

  8. #598
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Like socialists don't exist in the United States or bat**** crazy Communists?
    Of course they do. But certainly not in "half of Obama's voter base" numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The only difference between a progressive and a socialist/communist is that a progressive is in denial - in their mind "socialism/communism" is a "bad word(s)" and "progressive" sounds a lot better...
    Wrong again.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #599
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Of course they do. But certainly not in "half of Obama's voter base" numbers.



    Wrong again.
    No, half of Obama's base are blatant communists that KNOWINGLY are communists, yet pretend they aren't and the other half are misinformed communists that know that Obama gives them free stuff and says "a lot of good stuff."

    Hell, I was a progressive 15-years ago - I was also a peon that knew jack ****..... My economic ideas were pretty much socialist, however - I was - and always have been opposed to authoritarianism - yet never understood that socialism on a large scale only worked with authoritarianism...

    I damn well know because I'm a former moron...

  10. #600
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    No, half of Obama's base are blatant communists that KNOWINGLY are communists, yet pretend they aren't and the other half are misinformed communists that know that Obama gives them free stuff and says "a lot of good stuff."
    So let me get this straight -- you are claiming that over half of the American electorate are communists, be they admitted or "in denial."

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Hell, I was a progressive 15-years ago - I was also a peon that knew jack ****..... My economic ideas were pretty much socialist, however - I was - and always have been opposed to authoritarianism - yet never understood that socialism on a large scale only worked with authoritarianism...

    I damn well know because I'm a former moron...
    ...
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •