Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 766

Thread: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Ahem, Nixon was a devout anti-communist, Regan too.

  2. #472
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Ahem, Nixon was a devout anti-communist, Regan too.
    Nixon was smart enough to open relations with china

  3. #473
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    They are both socialists, the left will overlook amazing atrocities if you are on the same political team.
    So will the right!

  4. #474
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So? That's all on Cuba and not for our leadership to fix.
    Howdy CB. I'm just saying that the embargo has damaged Cuban citizens. If your ok with that, that's another matter. I still would like to see Americans polled on the idea of naturalizing relations with Cuba.

  5. #475
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Several pictures of conservative presidents shaking hands, holding hands and hugging men equally evil in some cases, worse in others and it all gets explained away as acceptable, yet Obama doing the same gets condemnation. That is soooooo blatantly partisan, those of you involved in that perpetuate a big part of what's wrong with America!

  6. #476
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Howdy CB. I'm just saying that the embargo has damaged Cuban citizens. If your ok with that, that's another matter. I still would like to see Americans polled on the idea of naturalizing relations with Cuba.
    Interesting, and that brings us back to the "so will the right" comment. That's certainly true, however where both will do it they seem to do it for different reasons. The left chooses to do it for things that do not benefit the US, in fact it ends up costing us. The right does it with things that end up profitting the US.

    If the Cubans are in such bad shape, start a charity for them, encourage them to change their system.

  7. #477
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Several pictures of conservative presidents shaking hands, holding hands and hugging men equally evil in some cases, worse in others and it all gets explained away as acceptable, yet Obama doing the same gets condemnation. That is soooooo blatantly partisan, those of you involved in that perpetuate a big part of what's wrong with America!
    No, not even close. None of them, except for roundheels McCain are bowing to these foreign leaders. And all had at the time of the photos, relationships with the US that were beneficial to the US. All except for Obama.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Interesting, and that brings us back to the "so will the right" comment. That's certainly true, however where both will do it they seem to do it for different reasons. The left chooses to do it for things that do not benefit the US, in fact it ends up costing us. The right does it with things that end up profitting the US.

    If the Cubans are in such bad shape, start a charity for them, encourage them to change their system.
    You can't make such a blanket statement about the right. Not everything they do profits the US. Unless when you say US, you mean corporate America who made huge money on the ME wars, whereas the real US, us citizens and taxpayers, were set back a couple trillion dollars. (Not to mention the loss of life for nothing gained)

  9. #479
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, not even close. None of them, except for roundheels McCain are bowing to these foreign leaders. And all had at the time of the photos, relationships with the US that were beneficial to the US. All except for Obama.
    Again, if by US you mean corporate US interests, we agree. At any rate, why would we have 'good relations' with evil men/governments just because it profit$ us?

  10. #480
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,099

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Don't like any criticisms of the Castro family, huh? Did you wear the Che T-shirt as well
    So you want to get personal huh? Let's put a little grey area into your black and white world view.

    Here ya go. Che was a ****ing murdering douche that I can't stand. How does this fit into your boxed in view of the world? Me, a hard core leftist who hates Che. I also don't like Fidel Castro. Raul... don't know the guy. There ya go. Got your fill of me personally now?

    Watching all you righties line up to throw your disdain towards Raul simply because he holds the same last name when we all know you don't know a damn thing about him... THAT's funny. Now google him up and pretend like you always knew everything about him in your next post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •