Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 766

Thread: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

  1. #431
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Has anybody heard some of the interviews of some Cubans in Florida?

    They are pretty pissed off that Obama shook the blood soaked hand of their enemy.

  2. #432
    Student lka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Left Coast
    Last Seen
    11-27-14 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    264

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Wow I'm so proud of Obama! I hope this changes things!

    i'm NOT a liberal!

  3. #433
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,444

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by lka View Post
    Wow I'm so proud of Obama! I hope this changes things!
    Yes Obamas hand is magical and now there is no embargo with Cuba.

    Good work Obama.

  4. #434
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    The point is that you're wrong about young Cubans. They know the Castros and the rebellion that brought them to power. They know Cuban history when Batista, the US, and the Mafia controlled Cuba. They know the history of the Bay of Pigs.

    They want to be Cubans, not Americans.
    Well good on them because if they feel that way I don't want them to be Americans either. Funny how they still keep coming here to try to be Americans despite what you say.

  5. #435
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Has anybody heard some of the interviews of some Cubans in Florida?

    They are pretty pissed off that Obama shook the blood soaked hand of their enemy.
    Not sure he cares. Cubans in Florida vote straight republican anyway .. and many are as racist as any right-winger .. which is why they ran from Cuba.

  6. #436
    Student lka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Left Coast
    Last Seen
    11-27-14 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    264

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Yes Obamas hand is magical and now there is no embargo with Cuba.

    Good work Obama.
    Yes his magical handshake will right all the wrongs in the WORLD!

    He should get a few more terms to fix everything.

    i'm NOT a liberal!

  7. #437
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Well good on them because if they feel that way I don't want them to be Americans either. Funny how they still keep coming here to try to be Americans despite what you say.
    When the embargo is lifted that will change.

    Whether you want them to be Americans or not makes no difference.

  8. #438
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Mods

    I think you need to open a section for "TICKY TAC BS" because type of threads are becoming petty.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  9. #439
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    When the embargo is lifted that will change.

    Whether you want them to be Americans or not makes no difference.
    No it won't, what will change? What commodity does Cuba offer that the US needs to restore trade with them? What do they possibly have to trade? There is no reason for us to lift the embargo and every reason for us to maintain it. Immigration won't be affected one bit other than to possibly make it harder to immigrate to the US for the multitude of Cubans that want to leave that hole.

  10. #440
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    Not sure he cares. Cubans in Florida vote straight republican anyway .. and many are as racist as any right-winger .. which is why they ran from Cuba.
    Fleeing Cuba is racist?

    It's always good to hear from committed Democrats.

Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •