Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 766

Thread: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

  1. #421
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    The embargo itself is a different subject and I am not sold on its efficiency. I don't think full normalization with Cuba is the answer though especially since the Castro regime is not willing to give an inch.
    What is it we want Castro to give us?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    What is it we want Castro to give us?
    I guess he could start by giving us the American he is holding in his prison for trying to increase internet access in Cuba. That would at least be a gesture.

  3. #423
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I guess he could start by giving us the American he is holding in his prison for trying to increase internet access in Cuba. That would at least be a gesture.
    Sounds reasonable to me. Has anyone offered to normalize relations in exchange for the prisoner?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #424
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Sorry, I don't see your point.
    The point is that you're wrong about young Cubans. They know the Castros and the rebellion that brought them to power. They know Cuban history when Batista, the US, and the Mafia controlled Cuba. They know the history of the Bay of Pigs.

    They want to be Cubans, not Americans.

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me. Has anyone offered to normalize relations in exchange for the prisoner?
    I'm not sure Obama even knows about the American prisoner or if he does he sure doesn't seem to care.

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    The point is that you're wrong about young Cubans. They know the Castros and the rebellion that brought them to power. They know Cuban history when Batista, the US, and the Mafia controlled Cuba. They know the history of the Bay of Pigs.

    They want to be Cubans, not Americans.
    Well if they want to be Cuban's so bad let them go back if Castro will let them in that is.

  7. #427
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Well if they want to be Cuban's so bad let them go back if Castro will let them in that is.
    Go back to where? They are already in Cuba, their homeland. We are talking about young CUBANS are we not?

    If you're talking about Cuban-Americans, that's a different story. Most don't really have a choice.

  8. #428
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Well if they want to be Cuban's so bad let them go back if Castro will let them in that is.
    I think he means Cubans, the ones who live in Cuba.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #429
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    Go back to where? They are already in Cuba, their homeland. We are talking about young CUBANS are we not?

    If you're talking about Cuban-Americans, that's a different story. Most don't really have a choice.
    Sorry we got on different pages. I was talking about Cuban youth in America not some poor brainwashed kid in Cuba.

  10. #430
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro in 'gesture of hope'

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Sorry we got on different pages. I was talking about Cuban youth in America not some poor brainwashed kid in Cuba.
    No problem brother. The confusion was mine.

    So we're talking brainwashed American kids. :0)

Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •