Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

  1. #31
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    The biased journalism, the confusing 'facts' and the conflicting 'witness reports' make me not want to form an opinion at all.

    I knee-jerked the other day regarding the catholic hospital thing, I'm not going it again.
    Wise... and I'll admit I'm speculating as most all others in this thread. And when situations are in this stage, you see who you are dealing with. Authoritarians show their true colors when it's speculation time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  2. #32
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    This was also in one of the articles...

    documents published by the San Antonio Express News show that he worked for the Texas university for two and a half years after holding nine different jobs at eight separate law enforcement agencies.

    Kind of sounds like people shifting crap around instead of fixing it.
    He might have to find the 10th job now.

  3. #33
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    To some, the only good cop is a dead cop.
    What a complete load of **** thing to say. If someone doesn't agree with you and thinks cops overreacted when they kill someone then they are allllll the way to the other side wishing the cop was dead.

    you are beyond off base and are apparently not reasonable in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  4. #34
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Heard this on the radio on the way home today (since ya know, I live here) and the local radio take is that the kid was being an absolute ****, things got stupid and he started trying to bash the cop with his baton across the head. Was warned 4 times before the officer put him down.

    Some mistakes in life carry high price tags.
    Link?

  5. #35
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Why must you always do this false equivalence bull****? I've seen you debate and you are smart enough not to drop to that low of a level . You've recently been trotting out this tactic and itself is only one sided so the hypocrisy in using that tactic is ludicrous.

    You say that I don't have issues with that which you just being lazy and trying to put the burden of proof on me. I'm not lockstep with Obama by any means and I've called out liberals before for being ridiculous in their cut and paste crap.

    So please, dispense with this crap.
    I respond with the type of argument I'm greeted with. If you're going to bash conservatives for failing to agree with you, don't be surprised if I respond in kind.

  6. #36
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    This kind of thing always seems to split conservatives. This is where you see the authority loving conservatives split from the actual small government conservatives who have a natural distrust of authority.

  7. #37
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Libertarians I've debated over a long time have shown that they have a healthy distrust of authority. It's at the very root of their smaller government views. Republican conservatives tend to be alll about authority. They are more socially conservative and that is HUGE government intrusion on the public that libertarians disagree with and GOPers will back any situation with almost no evidence, when authority is accused of overstepping their bounds. Libertarians tend to be appalled by this. Wako comes to mind. Libertarians were outraged more than most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  8. #38
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    What a complete load of **** thing to say. If someone doesn't agree with you and thinks cops overreacted when they kill someone then they are allllll the way to the other side wishing the cop was dead.

    you are beyond off base and are apparently not reasonable in any way.
    If the kid had run over the cop or cracked his skull open would that have bothered you?

  9. #39
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,855

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If the kid had run over the cop or cracked his skull open would that have bothered you?
    Yes. Of course is it would've. It's not about hating or disliking cops. It's about understanding that authority needs to know it's limits. which you apparently don't agree with.

    Cops have no right to be Judge Dredd.

    Not so coincidentally, this kid being dead doesn't seem to bother you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #40
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    After the Duke Lacrosse case there's no excuse for anyone leaping in early with sweeping generalizations or premature conclusions.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •