Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

  1. #21
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    This kind of thing always seems to split conservatives. This is where you see the authority loving conservatives split from the actual small government conservatives who have a natural distrust of authority.
    Good point. Conservatives seem to never have a problem with police or military abuse.

  2. #22
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Good point. Conservatives seem to never have a problem with police or military abuse.
    Some do, some don't.

    This is where you can tell the true libertarians from the fake ones who are really just Republicans pretending to be liberterian conservatives.

    Libertarian conservatives have that natural distrust of authority. Republican conservatives almost always side with authority against the people. It's in their nationalist tendencies.
    Last edited by poweRob; 12-09-13 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #23
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    This kind of thing always seems to split conservatives. This is where you see the authority loving conservatives split from the actual small government conservatives who have a natural distrust of authority.
    It's true, as with most things, conservatives hold many different opinions unlike liberals who seem to think pretty uniformly. I have respect for the job our law enforcement and military do and no, I don't assume the worst about someone because he wears a badge.

  4. #24
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's true, as with most things, conservatives hold many different opinions unlike liberals who seem to think pretty uniformly. I have respect for the job our law enforcement and military do and no, I don't assume the worst about someone because he wears a badge.
    Inversely you think the worst about someone who doesn't wear the badge it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Care to bet on the outcome?

    This has nothing to do with politics and I'm NOT giving you a hard time. But I see how most of these things turn out and the cops take very good care of their own no matter how egregious the behavior.

    The camera fell off. Sure. Right.
    I'm in full agreement. It seems fishy to begin with - the part about the camera being glued on seems to be way off. I always thought they were screwed on.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #26
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Heard this on the radio on the way home today (since ya know, I live here) and the local radio take is that the kid was being an absolute ****, things got stupid and he started trying to bash the cop with his baton across the head. Was warned 4 times before the officer put him down.

    Some mistakes in life carry high price tags.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #27
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Some do, some don't.

    This is where you can tell the true libertarians from the fake ones who are really just Republicans pretending to be liberterian conservatives.

    Libertarian conservatives have that natural distrust of authority. Republican conservatives almost always side with authority against the people. It's in their nationalist tendencies.
    The president is pretty much the ultimate in authority and yet I see many liberals defend and rationalize everything he does. To no surprise to anyone, you have no issue with that though.

  8. #28
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    The biased journalism, the confusing 'facts' and the conflicting 'witness reports' make me not want to form an opinion at all.

    I knee-jerked the other day regarding the catholic hospital thing, I'm not going it again.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #29
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Heard this on the radio on the way home today (since ya know, I live here) and the local radio take is that the kid was being an absolute ****, things got stupid and he started trying to bash the cop with his baton across the head. Was warned 4 times before the officer put him down.

    Some mistakes in life carry high price tags.
    To some, the only good cop is a dead cop.

  10. #30
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Texas Campus Cop Kills Unarmed College Student After Sarcastic Remark

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The president is pretty much the ultimate in authority and yet I see many liberals defend and rationalize everything he does. To no surprise to anyone, you have no issue with that though.
    Why must you always do this false equivalence bull****? I've seen you debate and you are smart enough not to drop to that low of a level . You've recently been trotting out this tactic and itself is only one sided so the hypocrisy in using that tactic is ludicrous.

    You say that I don't have issues with that which you just being lazy and trying to put the burden of proof on me. I'm not lockstep with Obama by any means and I've called out liberals before for being ridiculous in their cut and paste crap.

    So please, dispense with this crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •