Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

  1. #51
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    51

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, first let's try again shall we...let's can the "faux news" crap, and discuss this like adults if you can. You are claiming that we gained more than $10 billion in tax revenue from the jobs saved, but you don't quantify it at all, just claim it...Let's see what you have to prove your claim.
    Okay let me try to break this down for you the best I can.. I know you Fox bots have a hard time understanding how the Economy works.. There was an estimated $284.4 billion in personal income preserved over 2009-2010 alone.. that's almost 300 BILLION dollars that was put into peoples pockets.. That's 300 Billion that gets put back into the economy when these people spend their money.. That's more business for business owners.. And that's not even including the tax revenue that would be gained from this money...

    All in all, this Deal generated more money than it lost and it helped our economy. No matter how you try to spin it.
    Last edited by xxstevennnxx; 12-09-13 at 09:21 PM.

  2. #52
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    51

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Report: GM bailout saved 1.2 million jobs

    An estimated 34.9 BILLION dollars was preserved in Tax Revenue from this bailout.. Only in a con bubble is a net gain of 25 BILLION dollars a bad thing

  3. #53
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Quote Originally Posted by xxstevennnxx View Post
    Report: GM bailout saved 1.2 million jobs

    An estimated 34.9 BILLION dollars was preserved in Tax Revenue from this bailout.. Only in a con bubble is a net gain of 25 BILLION dollars a bad thing
    Is "preserved" tax revenue anything like preserving your health care plan and/or your doctor?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #54
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Quote Originally Posted by xxstevennnxx View Post
    Okay let me try to break this down for you the best I can.. I know you Fox bots have a hard time understanding how the Economy works.. There was an estimated $284.4 billion in personal income preserved over 2009-2010 alone.. that's almost 300 BILLION dollars that was put into peoples pockets.. That's 300 Billion that gets put back into the economy when these people spend their money.. That's more business for business owners.. And that's not even including the tax revenue that would be gained from this money...

    All in all, this Deal generated more money than it lost and it helped our economy. No matter how you try to spin it.
    Wow! $284 Billion just in GM salaries? My god, no wonder I can't buy a new pick up for less than $30K...Could you post something credible that shows these claims?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    I'd ask how'd Ford do it without the Govt?


    Quote Originally Posted by xxstevennnxx View Post
    And is officially a success?

    It's just been released that the Government has sold it's last share of the last stock in which it owned of GM. Didn't Faux news say it would never be paid off?

    It is now official, Obama has saved the Auto industry in America.

    "The Center for Automotive Research study -- called ''The Effect on the U.S. Economy of the Successful Restructuring of General Motors'' -- found that the controversial 2008-2009 bailout, saved 2.6 million jobs in 2009 alone and $284.4 billion in personal income was preserved over 2009-2010."

    You're now free to give Obama a warm thank you and apologize for calling this bailout a failure.

    Please begin.

  6. #56
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    51

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Is "preserved" tax revenue anything like preserving your health care plan and/or your doctor?
    No, "preserved" tax revenue is tax revenue that would have been lost if Cons had their way

  7. #57
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Quote Originally Posted by xxstevennnxx View Post
    Report: GM bailout saved 1.2 million jobs

    An estimated 34.9 BILLION dollars was preserved in Tax Revenue from this bailout.. Only in a con bubble is a net gain of 25 BILLION dollars a bad thing
    I think your point is moot...From your own article...

    "In a new report released Monday, the Center for Automotive Research (CAR) reckons that the federal government bailout of General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) saved 1.2 million U.S. jobs and preserved $34.9 billion in personal income and social insurance (Social Security, Medicare) payments. The bulk of those jobs and tax payments would have been lost in 2009 and 2010 and would have recovered (mostly) by now without federal intervention, but the U.S. auto industry would look considerably different had both GM and Chrysler been allowed to go under. ..."

    Yeah, so....next.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #58
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Quote Originally Posted by xxstevennnxx View Post
    No, "preserved" tax revenue is tax revenue that would have been lost if Cons had their way
    IOW, it is just a prediction of what might have happened rather than a promise of what was supposed to happen, got it ...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #59
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Quote Originally Posted by xxstevennnxx View Post
    No, "preserved" tax revenue is tax revenue that would have been lost if Cons had their way
    Nonsense...But unions sure would have lost out.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #60
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    51

    Re: What are the Cons going to say now that the GM bailout has been paid off

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I think your point is moot...From your own article...

    "In a new report released Monday, the Center for Automotive Research (CAR) reckons that the federal government bailout of General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) saved 1.2 million U.S. jobs and preserved $34.9 billion in personal income and social insurance (Social Security, Medicare) payments. The bulk of those jobs and tax payments would have been lost in 2009 and 2010 and would have recovered (mostly) by now without federal intervention, but the U.S. auto industry would look considerably different had both GM and Chrysler been allowed to go under. ..."

    Yeah, so....next.
    Ford CEO on bail out- "If GM and Chrysler would've gone into free-fall, that could've taken the entire supply base into free-fall also, and taken the U.S. from a recession into a depression. That is why we testified on the behalf of our competitors even though we clearly did not need precious taxpayer money."

    So, I suggest YOU try again..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •