Page 96 of 173 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #951
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Not today, because trash as you and I may see it, can no longer be discriminated against because that means we have made a moral judgment. And under the discrimination laws in certain states that isn't allowed.
    There are things that are protected under the anti-discrimination laws. Those are not nearly as extensive as general public taste and individuality.

    There's really no support for taking a moral position and hiding it under a religious belief. Because as I pointed out, if you were strictly follow your religious beliefs, you couldnt serve many people....a Catholic baker would not bake a wedding cake for someone getting remarried. You would not bake a cake for a barmitzpha. It's selective....and that's hypocritical IMO.

    THere are many people I'd want to turn away, like adulterers. People that beat their kids or animals, goth people. But business isnt about making those moral judgements on your customers. And to hide behind religion to do it is cowardice and hypocritical IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #952
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    i didnt think he would but its polite to give a person a opportunity to explain their positions instead of guessing
    Vesper is a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #953
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Do your own searches Critical and as a suggestion you may want to start with "under-aged sex being challenged" or "incest laws being challenged"
    I dunno if I want the NSA seeing those types of searches coming from my computer.

    Hey, since you are so informed on this, instead of links why not just cite some laws that are being challenged. Personally, I think you are full of crap and you just believe that those laws are under attack across the world because you enjoy being paranoid or something. But I would love to see some evidence to the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #954
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Vesper is a woman.
    You want to share a gender with her, then feel free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #955
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    There is no guessing. He slipped up and let it out. He was challenged on it. Directly asked. He play the "I have gay friends" card.

    He has had numerous chances to simply say he does not believe homosexuality is comparable to child molestation. He has refused to answer. As such, it is quite clear how he feels about it.
    Seriously you guys crack me up. And there is a great irony here.

    The minute she said she decorated cakes as a business should have been your first clue...as only a GAY man would have that job. LMAO

    I'm sorry, I'm just joking about the stereotype but it was still an obvious clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #956
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You want to share a gender with her, then feel free.
    Sorreh, you were both making a big deal out of 'facts.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #957
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    untied nations is meaningless to the united states of america laws and rights

    BUT if you want to talk about the UN who just earliey this year mad a committee to fight against the discrimination of gays you can start that thread and ill provide you with the info
    thank you again for proving you dont know what it is and that penis cake does not apply

    it is factually not illegal discrimination your post loses and gets destroyed by facts again
    Being full of **** and not being able to discern the consequences of laws passed is truly devastating for the rest of us. Because you were so willing to open the door, over emotion or some political correct thinking, you have paved the way for just about anything to be seen as a discrimination in regard to business owners and how they treat their customers. If a business owner denies a gay couple a friggin wedding cake on moral conscience, then the asshole that wants a erected penis on his cake has the same rights to file discrimination against anyone who does not want to provide him/her with what they want. Period.

  8. #958
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,124

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Seriously you guys crack me up. And there is a great irony here.

    The minute she said she decorated cakes as a business should have been your first clue...as only a GAY man would have that job. LMAO

    I'm sorry, I'm just joking about the stereotype but it was still an obvious clue.
    Well I tend to think women are more reasonable on issues of sexuality. I guess there are always exceptions and I failed to see this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #959
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)Being full of **** and not being able to discern the consequences of laws passed is truly devastating for the rest of us.
    2.)Because you were so willing to open the door, over emotion or some political correct thinking
    3.), you have paved the way for just about anything to be seen as a discrimination in regard to business owners and how they treat their customers.
    4.) If a business owner denies a gay couple a friggin wedding cake on moral conscience
    5.) then the asshole that wants a erected penis on his cake has the same rights to file discrimination against anyone who does not want to provide him/her with what they want. Period.
    1.) i agree and thats what this owners problem was full of **** and he thought the law didnt apply to him so that crimtinal got busted
    2.) i didnt make that moron break the law its not my fault he doesnt understand the law and the constitution
    3.) more proof you dont understand what illegal discrimination is, the law, rights and the constitution doesn allow it to be almost anything. Facts defeat your post again.
    4.) he is a criminal if he does that and he has tpo pay the price of breaking the law as this story shows
    5.) has proven by facts, laws and rights you are 100% wrong and repeating it wont make it true. You simply have zero understanding of what illegal discrimination is. Period.

    Now when you are ready, please answer this questions

    do you think homo/hetero-sexuality is comparable to child rape?
    do you know what illegal discrimination is? if yes explain it

    then after that provided any facts that support your already proven wrong statement that "denying to make a penis cake is legally the same as denying blacks, women, gays based on those thigns alone etc service."

    we will be waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #960
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    There is no guessing. He slipped up and let it out. He was challenged on it. Directly asked. He play the "I have gay friends" card.

    He has had numerous chances to simply say he does not believe homosexuality is comparable to child molestation. He has refused to answer. As such, it is quite clear how he feels about it.
    The he you refer to is a "she". And because I brought up pediphiles in the same sentence with homosexuals and incest you find that offensive because you are gay. It wasn't to offend you or any other gay but to point out that since the redefining of marriage, all forms of sexuality will be challenged in the future. And some of them that supported gay marriage will not be willing to support others. And because they found it fitting to go after those who did not support gay marriage, by forcing them under "discrimination laws" to comply, What will they do when some judge decides discrimination of incest is wrong using the same arguments the gay community has used to support their argument?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •