Page 94 of 173 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #931
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    There are laws being challenged all over the world in regard to pedophiles and incest marriages...
    I think you have been misinformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #932
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    They're both sexual deviants so yes.
    based on what facts? id love to read them

    comparing them in an equal rights discussion is completely illogical and there no support to compare them, there will be no argument you can present to make the compassion logical and rational. They are legally, intellectually and factually different.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #933
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    They're both sexual deviants so yes.
    Statistically true. What is your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #934
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    based on what facts? id love to read them

    comparing them in an equal rights discussion is completely illogical and there no support to compare them, there will be no argument you can present to make the compassion logical and rational. They are legally, intellectually and factually different.
    They are both Genetic abnormalities or defective people.
    Or are you going to argue that it's a choice now?
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  5. #935
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Good for you, for a few reasons! But related to this discussion, for refusing to create cakes that you considered were trash. You had every right to. But there is a difference between things like good taste, obscene, offensive, etc and *discrimination.* And the law isnt that complicated. If you had a business license, which I assume you did, it would have been clearly stated.
    Not today, because trash as you and I may see it, can no longer be discriminated against because that means we have made a moral judgment. And under the discrimination laws in certain states that isn't allowed.

  6. #936
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)Let me put it this way, I have gay friends and acquaintances.
    2.) I would be the first to defend them their rights in regard life, liberty and property.
    3.) And I would be very disappointed in them if they would not support my rights to the same.
    4.) I despise pediphiles but that doesn't change the fact that there are those among us who do not find it immoral.
    5.) There are laws being challenged all over the world in regard to pedophiles and incest marriages to be acceptable using discrimination as their basis for their argument.
    6.) There are those who support man/boy woman/girl love encounters. Where does the line get drawn since the definition of marriage has been changed?
    1.) meaningless
    2.) but you factually are not this thread proves that
    3.) and in this case your rights are fine and in tact
    4.) doesnt answer the question

    there are people among us that think rape and murder is ok too doesnt make them comparable

    5.) this is america rape and types of killings arent illegal other places to, meanignless

    6.) meqningless

    7.) the line ends at equal rights and illegal discriminant and marriage hasn't been changed.

    now stop dodging the questions

    do you think homo/hetero-sexuality is comparable to child rape?
    do you know what illegal discrimination is? if yes explain it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #937
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:123]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Is it your 'right' to buy a wedding cake that someone else doesn't want to prepare? I suppose they missed that in the Constitution.
    It was your right to refuse service to negroes at your lunch counter, that you now wish to extend to homosexuals, but only if for their wedding day. I suppose that by calling it a wedding cake that makes the flour, water and sugar somehow different in your narrow mind. The baker is now said to be "participating" in (supporting?) a homosexual wedding? Does this apply to mixed religious weddings? Weddings held outside of (approved) churches? Weddings after divorce? What of a "religious" pacifist - can they "conscientiously" deny service to GIs?

    The idea that one can discriminate among the members of the general public that they will (or will not) serve has indeed been declared unconstitutional. Using a new "religious" twist, but only for X products to Y people, does not fly.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #938
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    They are both Genetic abnormalities or defective people.
    Or are you going to argue that it's a choice now?
    so you have no facts to support your statement then? thats what i thought but when you do let us know.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #939
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I think you have been misinformed.
    I don't think so, in fact I know I haven't be misinformed.

  10. #940
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Not today, because trash as you and I may see it, can no longer be discriminated against because that means we have made a moral judgment. And under the discrimination laws in certain states that isn't allowed.
    thank you for proving you don't understand what illegal discrimination is.
    Are you from america?

    If you disagree tell us what it is please
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •