Page 93 of 173 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #921
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)The hell it doesn't!
    2.)You wanted to redefine marriage, well you got it.
    3.) And now who knows what marriage will evolve into.
    1.) factually different, if you disagree then please explain your failed proven wrong comparison.
    2.) this has nothing to do with me are you reading the thread? nobody is redefining marriage this is about equal rights.
    3.) again its equal rights that has nothing to do with child rape, if you disagree again simply supply the facts that prove protecting equal rights will lead to legalizing child rape.
    fact is its still completely illogical to compare them to each other both legally and intellectually they are factually different.
    facts defeat your post again.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #922
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Bull ****! What I claimed is there is a certain number of people in our society that do not think pedophilla is wrong! You and I have gone around on this point before. The very man that was a pioneer for the gay rights movement, Harry Hay, was also a supporter for NAMBLA.
    You are trying to cover your butt but nobody is buying it. The questions YOU posed to the people on this board only makes sense if taken in the context that pedophilia is comparable to homosexuality. But hey, if I am wrong then simply state that you don't believe homosexuality is comparable to pedophilia. I am far more willing to bet you will try to defend that statement than admit that the two are not comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #923
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    You are trying to cover your butt but nobody is buying it. The questions YOU posed to the people on this board only makes sense if taken in the context that pedophilia is comparable to homosexuality. But hey, if I am wrong then simply state that you don't believe homosexuality is comparable to pedophilia. I am far more willing to bet you will try to defend that statement than admit that the two are not comparable.
    Again more bull****. The comments were made to show the different types of relationships that many in society would not support. Not even those who support gay marriage. Sooo, if they are not willing to support other forms of relationships such as incest, poligamy and pedophilia then by their own standards they are discriminating and are bigots themselves.

  4. #924
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Again more bull****. The comments were made to show the different types of relationships that many in society would not support. Not even those who support gay marriage. Sooo, if they are not willing to support other forms of relationships such as incest, poligamy and pedophilia then by their own standards they are discriminating and are bigots themselves.
    I don't care what "other" people think. Do you believe that homosexuality is comparable to pedophilia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #925
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Again more bull****. The comments were made to show the different types of relationships that many in society would not support. Not even those who support gay marriage. Sooo, if they are not willing to support other forms of relationships such as incest, poligamy and pedophilia then by their own standards they are discriminating and are bigots themselves.
    which is factually not true proven by laws and rights

    comparing them is complete illogical and there no support to compare them there will be no argument you can present to make the compassion logical and rational they are legally, intellectually and factually different.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #926
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    and now who knows what marriage will evolve into.
    lol

    "Dogs and cats, living together...."
    Last edited by Lursa; 12-09-13 at 10:22 PM. Reason: had to add Ghostbusters reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #927
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Because you or I may think they are obcene doesn't necessarily mean they are obscene to another person. And because they don't find it obscene and a baker refuses to create them that is discrimination pal in the way you have framed it.

    I was a cake decorator for years. My shop was off the house. I was good at it and it was a way for me to generate income while my husband worked a fulltime job and earned his degree at nights. It also allowed me the opportunity to stay home with my children while they were young. I experienced over the years sitting down with customers, as they described to me what they wanted on the cake. And I have to tell you there were times I had to refuse because I wouldn't want my name on that piece of trash they were asking for. Wedding cakes were the most stressful of all. After you incorporate all that the couple wanted to express in their cake, the transportation of the cake to its destination and setting it up was one of the most stressful things I have ever done. You fight the elements, pot holes and railroad tracks. Today under all the new so called "discrimination" laws I would have been facing court time myself if some asshole wanted to file charges against me for not wanting to provide them with a cake that I didn't want my name associated with.
    Good for you, for a few reasons! But related to this discussion, for refusing to create cakes that you considered were trash. You had every right to. But there is a difference between things like good taste, obscene, offensive, etc and *discrimination.* And the law isnt that complicated. If you had a business license, which I assume you did, it would have been clearly stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #928
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I don't care what "other" people think. Do you believe that homosexuality is comparable to pedophilia?
    They're both sexual deviants so yes.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  9. #929
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,855

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I don't care what "other" people think. Do you believe that homosexuality is comparable to pedophilia?
    Let me put it this way, I have gay friends and acquaintances. I would be the first to defend them their rights in regard life, liberty and property. And I would be very disappointed in them if they would not support my rights to the same. I despise pediphiles but that doesn't change the fact that there are those among us who do not find it immoral. There are laws being challenged all over the world in regard to pedophiles and incest marriages to be acceptable using discrimination as their basis for their argument. There are those who support man/boy woman/girl love encounters. Where does the line get drawn since the definition of marriage has been changed?

  10. #930
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,342

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Sooo, if they are not willing to support other forms of relationships such as incest, poligamy and pedophilia then by their own standards they are discriminating and are bigots themselves.
    Incest (with one partner sterilized) and polygamy are fine. Pedo is rape. Discrimination is not inherently bad. It's ok to be bigoted against rape.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •