Page 92 of 173 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1723

Thread: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647]

  1. #911
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You have on several posts claim those who do not support gay marriage as being discriminating bigots. Yet you would be hard pressed to find many that would support incest relationships or pedophilia even though some people don't think there is anything morally wrong with it. And if these folks don't support those types of relationships even though they support gay marriage, are they discriminating? Are they being bigots too? Since you brought up the Constitution, it is not unlawful to be bigoted against groups of people. But it is unlawful when you pass laws that violate any citizen's constitutional rights such as right to property and freedom of religion.
    I seriously question the intelligence of people who compare homosexuality to incest and pedophilia. Please help me understand how you could honestly believe it is appropriate to compares actions between consenting adults to molesting children? That is beyond insulting. It says a lot about you as a person that you perceive gay people in that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  2. #912
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I seriously question the intelligence of people who compare homosexuality to incest and pedophilia. Please help me understand how you could honestly believe it is appropriate to compares actions between consenting adults to molesting children? That is beyond insulting. It says a lot about you as a person that you perceive gay people in that way.
    Because I dare bring up the FACT there are people who do not see pedophilla as being wrong, that makes me insulting? Well get a grip pal because the truth of the matter there are those who think it is alright no matter how disgusting it may seem to the rest of us.

  3. #913
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Because I dare bring up the FACT there are people who do not see pedophilla as being wrong, that makes me insulting? Well get a grip pal because the truth of the matter there are those who think it is alright no matter how disgusting it may seem to the rest of us.
    logical that still doent make them comparable

    its still complete illogical to compare them to each other both legally and intellectually they are factually different.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #914
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Because I dare bring up the FACT there are people who do not see pedophilla as being wrong, that makes me insulting? Well get a grip pal because the truth of the matter there are those who think it is alright no matter how disgusting it may seem to the rest of us.
    No, because you apparently can see no discernible difference between molesting children and consensual sex between two adults of the same sex! I quote...

    And if these folks don't support those types of relationships even though they support gay marriage, are they discriminating? Are they being bigots too?
    That demonstrates clear as day that YOU do not recognize the difference between being a gay person and being a child molester. That is truly sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  5. #915
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) sorry facts prove you wrong, theres nothing you have that supports your false claim, nothing
    2.) good thing this strawman factually is not happening, repeat it 5 more times it wont make it reality. The owner isnt being denied anything.
    3.) this never happened sorry and you are factually wrong. We are talking about facts not fantasy
    4.) its not my rules and what is factually happening is people are not allowed to break the law and infringe on others rights, criminal are punished and thats what happened to this guy he choose to break the law and infringe on rights and illegal discriminate. Let me know when you have any facts that change this.

    5.) subjective opinion that is completely 100% meaningless to anythign that matters

    6.) 100% wrong the cake would be legally obscene and has nothing to do with illegal discrimination and violating rights. Facts destroys this point also.
    Seems you have no understanding of the law/this topic at all, this is not my fault. There is nothing legally in anti-discrimination laws that would force you to make a penis cake.

    Try to research the facts and topic first it will help.

    7.) as already proven with facts this never happened

    8.) well since it factually never happened nothing to be shamed about


    do you have any facts that support your false claims? any?
    Because you or I may think they are obcene doesn't necessarily mean they are obscene to another person. And because they don't find it obscene and a baker refuses to create them that is discrimination pal in the way you have framed it.

    I was a cake decorator for years. My shop was off the house. I was good at it and it was a way for me to generate income while my husband worked a fulltime job and earned his degree at nights. It also allowed me the opportunity to stay home with my children while they were young. I experienced over the years sitting down with customers, as they described to me what they wanted on the cake. And I have to tell you there were times I had to refuse because I wouldn't want my name on that piece of trash they were asking for. Wedding cakes were the most stressful of all. After you incorporate all that the couple wanted to express in their cake, the transportation of the cake to its destination and setting it up was one of the most stressful things I have ever done. You fight the elements, pot holes and railroad tracks. Today under all the new so called "discrimination" laws I would have been facing court time myself if some asshole wanted to file charges against me for not wanting to provide them with a cake that I didn't want my name associated with.

  6. #916
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That is a lie! To not allow a person to live their life in harmony with their moral conscience is denying them the right to live their faith.
    You do not have the right to live your life in harmony with your moral conscience.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #917
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    1.)Because you or I may think they are obcene doesn't necessarily mean they are obscene to another person. And because they don't find it obscene and a baker refuses to create them that is discrimination pal in the way you have framed it.

    2.)I was a cake decorator for years. My shop was off the house. I was good at it and it was a way for me to generate income while my husband worked a fulltime job and earned his degree at nights. It also allowed me the opportunity to stay home with my children while they were young. I experienced over the years sitting down with customers, as they described to me what they wanted on the cake. And I have to tell you there were times I had to refuse because I wouldn't want my name on that piece of trash they were asking for. Wedding cakes were the most stressful of all. After you incorporate all that the couple wanted to express in their cake, the transportation of the cake to its destination and setting it up was one of the most stressful things I have ever done. You fight the elements, pot holes and railroad tracks.

    3.)Today under all the new so called "discrimination" laws I would have been facing court time myself if some asshole wanted to file charges against me for not wanting to provide them with a cake that I didn't want my name associated with.
    1.) notice i said LEGALLY which in some places it factually is and notice that a penis cake has NOTHING to do with equal rights and illegal discrimination. what facts are you not getting?

    so no it factually is not illegal discrimination, law and facts prove you wrong again

    if you disagree by all means post the links/facts that make it illegal discrimination.

    2.) all meaningless to rights, laws and facts

    also depending on what you mean by "shop off your house" the law can becomes different. You clearly have no understanding of this topic.

    3.) all the new laws? what are you talking about, are you 200 years old? these laws are not new by any means, sexual orientation is new in some areas but thats about it.

    also what you are describing is NOT illegal discrimination, do you know what illegal discrimination is?

    if the answer is yes please tell us, tell us what it is.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #918
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    No, because you apparently can see no discernible difference between molesting children and consensual sex between two adults of the same sex! I quote...



    That demonstrates clear as day that YOU do not recognize the difference between being a gay person and being a child molester. That is truly sad.
    Bull ****! What I claimed is there is a certain number of people in our society that do not think pedophilla is wrong! You and I have gone around on this point before. The very man that was a pioneer for the gay rights movement, Harry Hay, was also a supporter for NAMBLA.

  9. #919
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Bull ****! What I claimed is there is a certain number of people in our society that do not think pedophilla is wrong! You and I have gone around on this point before. The very man that was a pioneer for the gay rights movement, Harry Hay, was also a supporter for NAMBLA.
    comparing them is completely illogical, legally and intellectually they are factually different.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #920
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Colorado Judge: Bakery Owner discriminated against gay couple [W:113:123:292:647

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    logical that still doent make them comparable

    its still complete illogical to compare them to each other both legally and intellectually they are factually different.
    The hell it doesn't! You wanted to redefine marriage, well you got it. And now who knows what marriage will evolve into.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •